Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

4 hours ago, lgaga1fan said:

The tour started in OCTOBER last year and you randomly just took the chance to come in the LADY GAGA base and try and flip shade. You can respect Madonna in her thread instead of trying to crosspost to get reactions out of us. A lot of us love and respect madge but you coming in here to instigate is clearly telling that you're talking more to provoke a reaction :ahh:

I'm actually an OG Gaga Stan. Has she made some questionable career moves? Yes. Does this make me hate her? No way. I think the Madonna shade to Gaga really hurt her and she's trying hard not to appear to be carving her career off of Madonna's blueprint. But truth is Gaga can totally take lesson from those who came before her and do it bigger and maybe even better. She's got the raw talent and drive for it. The question is just WHEN Gaga chooses to go pedal to the metal. She's got a few things to clean up though before she does that IMO. 

I just feel like Gaga (sic Gaga's team) misses the mark on many things especially timing. My comments about Madonna were more about how you CAN come out the other side. For a long time everyone called Madonna crazy and a hag. She had lost all credibility. But she's gotten back on track and gained insane respect after last night. Gaga can totally do the same. Hell - Gaga has one up on Madonna being an actress. 

IMO Gaga can do it all. Maybe it's naive but I'd love to see Gaga back to bigger than BTW level fame. She should've been the trailblazer doing what Taylor swift is currently doing. The insane number of record sales, the stadiums, the billion dollar tour, the movie… 

I truly think Gaga's team has mislead her and are behind the times. I'm not saying she should rebuild the haus from ground up but she's a few unsmart business moves away from being left behind.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

5 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

the girls can't have one original thought it's literally impossible

like who would've thought she'd doJoker, that's an inspired choice, let her forge ha own path :giraffe:

We'd rather try and rehash old formulas than make new, bold choices I fear :giraffe:

Discussing a possible location-country for her to perform has nothing to do with suggesting to do the same musical or career choices of other artists, but whatever.

If she shows up to the MET gala LG7 is coming this year idc what y'all say. :clack:

9 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

If she shows up to the MET gala LG7 is coming this year idc what y'all say. :clack:

when she could have dropped LG6 right after this

:suburban: :suburban: :suburban: :suburban:

• Haha 1

viral tiktok wanting Gaga to play Amy Winehouse 

1 hour ago, Gerard141 said:

I'm actually an OG Gaga Stan. Has she made some questionable career moves? Yes. Does this make me hate her? No way. I think the Madonna shade to Gaga really hurt her and she's trying hard not to appear to be carving her career off of Madonna's blueprint. But truth is Gaga can totally take lesson from those who came before her and do it bigger and maybe even better. She's got the raw talent and drive for it. The question is just WHEN Gaga chooses to go pedal to the metal. She's got a few things to clean up though before she does that IMO. 

I just feel like Gaga (sic Gaga's team) misses the mark on many things especially timing. My comments about Madonna were more about how you CAN come out the other side. For a long time everyone called Madonna crazy and a hag. She had lost all credibility. But she's gotten back on track and gained insane respect after last night. Gaga can totally do the same. Hell - Gaga has one up on Madonna being an actress. 

IMO Gaga can do it all. Maybe it's naive but I'd love to see Gaga back to bigger than BTW level fame. She should've been the trailblazer doing what Taylor swift is currently doing. The insane number of record sales, the stadiums, the billion dollar tour, the movie… 

I truly think Gaga's team has mislead her and are behind the times. I'm not saying she should rebuild the haus from ground up but she's a few unsmart business moves away from being left behind.  

Unfortunately I agree. I mean at least in music, she's starting to go legacy.

• Like 1

Not this queen making it out of this base.

:ryan3:

• Haha 9

9 minutes ago, Aden said:

Not this queen making it out of this base.

:ryan3:

:jonnycat:

15 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Unfortunately I agree. I mean at least in music, she's starting to go legacy.

I genuinely think that the response to Artpop drastically changed her mindset towards her music career. It feels like she'd rather smooth out all the rough edges so she can release something conpletely agreeable than put out something ballsy and risk failure, despite the cycle of playing it safe just pushing her into being a legacy act. 

And it's bizarre because ASIB and Joker are both absolutely risky choices in different ways. Why is she seemingly willing to make bold moves in her acting career but not at all with her music?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I genuinely think that the response to Artpop drastically changed her mindset towards her music career. It feels like she'd rather smooth out all the rough edges so she can release something conpletely agreeable than put out something ballsy and risk failure, despite the cycle of playing it safe just pushing her into being a legacy act. 

And it's bizarre because ASIB and Joker are both absolutely risky choices in different ways. Why is she seemingly willing to make bold moves in her acting career but not at all with her music?

I think it's because for the latter half of her career she has trusted others peoples visions above her own. She always gives everyone else credit for things, she's still a confident risk-taking performer but as an artist and creator she was completely teared down. Not to say actors or singers aren't artists but there's a difference. I think during/post Joanne we started to see how Gaga has lost pride in who is as an artist. The fact that she's constantly preferring to perform covers instead of her original songs also shows this imo. I mean Chromatica era had just started and she was out there covering Smile in her sweatpants... it was apalling. I truly believe her when she said she hated Lady Gaga in that interview back then.

My only hope is she doesn't anymore. She's clearly aware of the retrospective re-evaluation she's gotten in the past couple of years so maybe that'll help. But until she actually delivers it's hard not to be frustrated with the lack of everything...

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 1

Alejandro is one of the greatest pop songs of all time. that is all

tumblr_ma3we6EpzX1rffbz6o1_500.gif

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Why is she seemingly willing to make bold moves in her acting career but not at all with her music?

Her approach in the movie field has been totally different from the music one, she went all out immediately with the first three years of her career, she immediately pushed the boundaries musically, performing and looks wise to the point that what she did in 3 years equal to 10 years of other popstars, if not more, it was simply almost impossible creatively managing to continue in that route, reason of why she got lost with 'Artpop', excellent concept but too ambitious and difficult to be executed properly, a slow down and a change would happened either way in her case after all she did.

With her acting career she is doing the opposite, she started with small cameos which is not granted, others with her level of fame would have booked immediately a leading role (see 'Crossroads, 'Glitter', 'The Bodyguard'), then she tested the waters for a proper acting experience with a tv show for cable television (without the worry of box office or rating if things would have went South) in a role that was suit her artistically with the horror elements, then the first movie role with a stripped down musical role, then the drama in the fashion enviroment with no music..

She has chosen carefully the right project but also without going all out immediately contrary to her music career with taking a long break between with each projects and growing, others in her place would have probably did immediately tones of movies immediately after ASIB, I think she is choosing this path properly for what it was her experience in the music field.

We'll see what is going to happen with the next album but I think the long break benefited her musically artistic wise, it's also what she implied in her birthday post.

As a little monstrosity since early 2009™️, I have come to terms that she is not going to be as successful as when she exploded. Unless her next album is a critical success, in the vein of Ray of Light. A mature album with an eclectic influence that resonates with the GP.

She has already reached heights many artists will never see and we should be grateful for that.

I'm rooting for you Mother of Make Up Monster. :duca:

• Like 1

With music she gotta make that from mostly scratch. With movies, the direction, production, and screenplay are done by others :matty: 

now I'm sad thinking about the drive and passion Gaga once had for music

66D240E4-17F5-4B52-86B5-2A30D889B5F0.thu

14 hours ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Michael Jackson possessed her for a bit there :jonny6:

Such an amazing song. Gaga why did you have to choose R.Kelly instead of The Weekend :chick3:

36 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

She has already reached heights many artists will never see and we should be grateful for that.

This part, but being grateful is a concept often unknown to majority of this fanbase that focus mainly on the negative.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Summerboy95 said:

Such an amazing song. Gaga why did you have to choose R.Kelly instead of The Weekend :chick3:

It should have been a SOLO track 

• Like 1

Joker FAD premiere :

I dreamt of Joker FAD and it was an absolute masterpiece 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leptine said:

Gaga absolutely needs to do a concert in Brazil with the next era, they have always been very supportive of her and asked to perform since years, they deserve it.

Yeah. Especially the fact she's the second best selling artist there 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerard141 said:

You got downvoted to hell for including that last line, she's not getting forgotten at this point in her career. I do agree with the rest of the post though.

It's a bitter reality that most of us lowkey joke with to cope ddd but she's given up musically. Of course it's a direct consequence from the 2013 backlash and internal betrayals with her team and the industry, but I thought with medication and constant therapy (physical + mental) she would eventually "come back", not as FameGa or whatever but as a driven, passionate music artist with amazing ideas to explore. Depression is truly an evil force, so I'm glad at least she's finding will and exploring the acting industry.

Also you're only as good as the people you surround with, and the entire Haus is creatively bankrupt and unskilled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the way morale is at an all time low in here

GGG93acW0AA2mYK.thumb.jpeg.42675fb1e9017

• Like 1

we were so optimistic at the start of the year too, I blame JapaneseMommy for getting our hopes up

GGG93acW0AA2mYK.thumb.jpeg.42675fb1e9017

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.