Kylie Minogue

Cupid

Just now, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Don't let the gorgeous album cover fool you! Other than the four fantastic singles what does Fever have to offer :dies:

Love Affair, Tightrope, Burning Up, the title track, Fragile and Boy :gayliecat1: Lowkey Give It to Me as well

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Virgos Groove

• raven

• T.O.A.D.S.

59 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Not when Fever and Light Years exist :rip: 

Defending Stream Me Once and coming for Fever? from worse to worser I fear

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Love Affair, Tightrope, Burning Up, the title track, Fragile and Boy :gayliecat1: Lowkey Give It to Me as well

and let us not forget the iconic tour 

KMO gets hate just because it flopped :bibliahh: It's a great album.

Swap

1. Beautiful
  2. Feels So Good
  3. I Was Gonna Cancel

with

1. Sparks
  2. Golden Boy
  3. Crystallize

and it's kinda her best album :clap3:

4 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

even Kylie hates it, like :deadbanana4:

Has she said that?

4 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

This makes so much sense thanks for explaining :heart2:

No worries :heart:

Million Miles and Sexy Love are so underrated 

I know, right?

3 hours ago, ATWK said:

Fever's album tracks took time to grow on outside the title track (which is my favourite song on the album) and Give It to Me, but the tracks are now incredible to me, especially the aforementioned two, Tightrope, Love Affair, Fragile, and Dancefloor.

Truly one of the greatest pop LPs of all time :clap3:

Not when Fever and Light Years exist :rip: 

3 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

Defending Stream Me Once and coming for Fever? from worse to worser I fear

I don't know why we're arguing about this when KM94 exists.

9 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I don't know why we're arguing about this when KM94 exists.

KM94 and LY are sister albums in the sense that they have a handful of GODLY tracks (CIM, PYIMP, Falling, Surrender / SA, OANLT, Light Years, Disco Down) and the rest is her throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks

vloletsforoses-in-a-sense-that.gif

3 minutes ago, ATWK said:

CIM, PYIMP, Falling, Surrender

The way these are the only tracks on KM94 I adore (+ Where Is The Feeling remix).

I disagree about Light Years though, Your Disco Needs You + Please Stay are also great.

1 minute ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

The way these are the only tracks on KM94 I adore (+ Where Is The Feeling remix).

I disagree about Light Years though, Your Disco Needs You + Please Stay are also great.

Yeah, I like those two as well (+ Butterfly and Kids), but you can tell she was just recording ANYTHING for that album. It's got a lot of good tracks, but it's such an unfocused album. :rip:

I haven't listened to Enjoy Yourself yet but this is how I would rank her albums so far...

1. IP

2. KM94

3. BL

4. KMO

5. X

6. Golden

7. Aphro

8. LY

9. LGTI

10. ROL

11. D15CO

12. K88

13. FVR

27 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Has she said that?

Maybe it wasn’t successful because it wasn’t good enough or it didn’t deserve more. Who knows?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/kylie-minogue-2-9-1216353

and it’s been repeatedly said by insiders on SayHell that she doesn’t look at those years of her career fondly… (it’s also very telling that KMO was not included in Step Back In Time)

I mean she got ****** over by RocNation, the  label didn’t let her do the album she wanted to do, her touring concept got downsized extensively due to budget concerns, she was sued by a production company… the list goes on. 

all the while flopping and fully treading in has-been territory

2014-2017 is easily the lowest point in her post-IP career. The scaffolding tour :rip: The Xmas album :rip: The Voice :rip: Her singing in supermarkets :rip: Joshua :rip:

It makes her success from Golden onwards look even more impressive. Like, if you told me in 2017 that she'd be getting 170M+ streams for her album, I would've laughed in your face :rip: Mother and BMG truly did THAT :jonny:

8 minutes ago, ATWK said:

2014-2017 is easily the lowest point in her post-IP career. The scaffolding tour :rip: The Xmas album :rip: The Voice :rip: Her singing in supermarkets :rip: Joshua :rip:

It makes her success from Golden onwards look even more impressive. Like, if you told me in 2017 that she'd be getting 170M+ streams for her album, I would've laughed in your face :rip: Mother and BMG truly did THAT :jonny:

exactly! idk where this revisionist “you hate it because it flopped” KMO take is coming from. 

the Disco release week/numbers were so amazing to experience as a stan, it’s insane how they managed to turn things around

her career is better than it has been in more than a decade :jonny2:

1 hour ago, ATWK said:

1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

exactly! idk where this revisionist “you hate it because it flopped” KMO take is coming from. 

the Disco release week/numbers were so amazing to experience as a stan, it’s insane how they managed to turn things around

Disco was a huge success for her at this point in her career. I wasn't even a stan at the time and even I heard buzz about it, more than that for albums like Caution, Madame X, Courage etc. 

The fact that it's still doing 200K+ streams daily is a testament to how well it did. It's gonna outsell both Golden, which outsell KMO. If they work on her playlisting a little bit (her 300+ non-CGYOOMH songs combined have the same amount of playlisting as Britney's Toxic :rip:) and do better US promo for KM16, I think it's gonna do even better than Disco. Exciting times to be a Mother stan!

1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

That was such a fun week :jonny: The way she was everywhere doing promo, all those positive reviews, and all of ATRL was stanning for her (except a certain fanbase). I still remember GMA announcing Trump's defeat while she performed Say Something. :gayliecat1: And her beating Little Mix was such a MOMENT :jonny:

20 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Disco was a huge success for her at this point in her career. I wasn't even a stan at the time and even I heard buzz about it, more than that for albums like Caution, Madame X, Courage etc. 

The fact that it's still doing 200K+ streams daily is a testament to how well it did. It's gonna outsell both Golden, which outsell KMO. If they work on her playlisting a little bit (her 300+ non-CGYOOMH songs combined have the same amount of playlisting as Britney's Toxic :rip:) and do better US promo for KM16, I think it's gonna do even better than Disco. Exciting times to be a Mother stan!

I really hope they start pushing her non-CGYOOMH/Santa Baby classics a little bit. Devil, Lucky, Confide and Especially for You having less than 20M streams is CRIMINAL :biblio:

But, overall, she's doing really well, with 7M monthly listeners. Above Janet and slightly below Robbie (who just put out an album). Xmas season, the Brits medley (manifesting) and KM16 will give her a nice boost. :gayliecat1:

1 minute ago, ATWK said:

(except a certain fanbase)

Which one? Madge stans?

1 minute ago, ATWK said:

I really hope they start pushing her non-CGYOOMH/Santa Baby classics a little bit. Devil, Lucky, Confide and Especially for You having less than 20M streams is CRIMINAL :biblio:

But, overall, she's doing really well, with 7M monthly listeners. Above Janet and slightly below Robbie (who just put out an album). Xmas season, the Brits medley (manifesting) and KM16 will give her a nice boost. :gayliecat1:

If her playlisting was on par with someone like Britney, her streams would look like this:

Loco-motion: 100M

I Should Be So Lucky: 70M

Got To Be Certain: 30M

Especially for You: 50M

Hand on Your Heart: 20M

Better The Devil You Know: 50M

Step Back In Time: 30M

Shocked: 20M

What Do I Have To Do?: 20M

Confide in Me: 50M

Where The Wild Roses Grow: 50M (this one is already there, Nick Cave's Spotify presence is quite good)

Spinning Around: 100M

On A Night Like This: 60M

Your Disco Needs You: 30M

Kids: 20M

CGYOOMH: 500M

In Your Eyes: 100M

Love at First Sight: 100M

Come into My World: 50M

Slow: 50M

Red Blooded Woman: 20M

Chocolate: 30M

Wow: 50M

In My Arms: 50M

The One: 30M

All The Lovers: 100M

GOMW: 100M

Higher: 50M

Timebomb: 50M

Dancing: 50M

Magic: 50M

Say Something: 50M

Real Groove (with Dua Lipa): 50M

4 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Which one? Madge stans?

Yup. I even had one DMing me telling me he was gonna block me because I said I preferred Disco to Madame X :hoetenks:  (In their defense, most of that base was pretty chill, but the ones who weren't were just... :rip::rip::rip:)

11 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Which one? Madge stans?

If her playlisting was on par with someone like Britney, her streams would look like this:

Loco-motion: 100M

I Should Be So Lucky: 70M

Got To Be Certain: 30M

Especially for You: 50M

Hand on Your Heart: 20M

Better The Devil You Know: 50M

Step Back In Time: 30M

Shocked: 20M

What Do I Have To Do?: 20M

Confide in Me: 50M

Where The Wild Roses Grow: 50M (this one is already there, Nick Cave's Spotify presence is quite good)

Spinning Around: 100M

On A Night Like This: 60M

Your Disco Needs You: 30M

Kids: 20M

CGYOOMH: 500M

In Your Eyes: 100M

Love at First Sight: 100M

Come into My World: 50M

Slow: 50M

Red Blooded Woman: 20M

Chocolate: 30M

Wow: 50M

In My Arms: 50M

The One: 30M

All The Lovers: 100M

GOMW: 100M

Higher: 50M

Timebomb: 50M

Dancing: 50M

Magic: 50M

Say Something: 50M

Real Groove (with Dua Lipa): 50M

We need BMG to start sending some checks :jonny: Devil and Confide at 50M would be a dream come true :jonny:

Do you know where I can check her playlisting numbers?

32 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Yup. I even had one DMing me telling me he was gonna block me because I said I preferred Disco to Madame X :hoetenks:  (In their defense, most of that base was pretty chill, but the ones who weren't were just... :rip::rip::rip:)

Madge stans either adore Kylie or hate her, there seems to be no middle ground.

32 minutes ago, ATWK said:

We need BMG to start sending some checks :jonny: Devil and Confide at 50M would be a dream come true :jonny:

Do you know where I can check her playlisting numbers?

I check them on Chartmetric, but I think there are other more popular websites too.

https://app.chartmetric.com/artist?id=835 

You need to create an account there to see stuff though. 

2 MANY TIIIIMEEEEESSS I WISH I NEVER CAREDDDD

BEEN TORN AND TWISTED, OH I SWEARRR

2 MANY NIIIIIIIIGHTSSS CRYING THAT IT'S NOT FAIR

IF I GET HURT AGAIN

I'D NEED A LIFETIME TO REPAIR

SentimentalUnevenAntelope-size_restricte

Edited by ATWK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.