• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T.O.A.D.S.

• ATWK

• raven

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

Kylegend returning to her roots and making one final appearance on Neighbours.

BGXKB

IP > X > BL > LY > F

6 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

IP > X > BL > LY > F

:bibliahh:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Gonna share my thoughts on DISCO: Extended Mixes quick now that they've had time to marinate cause I feel like it

Magic - Perfect. Great build up and then wind down with effective breaks and production/vocal changes

Miss a Thing - The biggest let down. Not only is the intro slightly shortened, it's the only one without an extended intro at all when it really needed a dramatic string build up. Much too stop and go and the production/vocal changes are also unnecessary. Could have been a lot better

Real Groove - Great intro but again too stop and go. Not all that different really

Monday Blues - Fantastic. A lot of people hate this one but I've loved it since DISCO first came out. The extended intro and break in the middle are super effective

Supernova - Another banger. Amazing intro and the break toward the end with the big vocal moment elevates the song a lot

Say Something - A new classic taken to new heights. That intro gives me chills. It's so full of emotion and the addition of the choir is a fantastic touch

Last Chance - That intro really adds something to the song. The production changes throughout help the song flow better as well I feel, especially after the first chorus. Very groovy break as well

I Love It - Fantastic carnival style build up and wind down but the song has been stripped somewhat production wise. Its "punch" has been removed and it sounds slowed compared to the original version. Still nice

Where Does the DJ Go? - This is the one with the least changes I feel. However, the added sections are nice and definitely add to how much the song bangs

Dance Floor Darling - Lovely, lovely intro and love that the little laugh was included at the end. However, this one is another that is too stop and go. It was a huge mistake not extending the crazy outro when I think that's what everyone expected. Another let down overall sadly

Unstoppable - Totally elevated the song for me personally. The extended intro and added elements are super effective and I love how they chose to use the original middle section as the outro

Celebrate You - Made an already lovely song even more anthemic. The chorus of voices at the beginning and end symbolize the message of the song very well. Would go down an absolute treat live with the audience singing the intro and outro

Overall, these really elevated an already great and well put together album. Miss a Thing is the only actual true dud for me and a couple others could have done with enhancements, but still have bits that I like. I did notice that this version has a couple production/mixing blips here and there but I honestly don't know if it's a mistake or meant to be like that for effect. Not a big deal seeing as overall, the mixing/mastering is actually enhanced to a degree. She's really such a humble, generous legend for listening to the fans and giving us what we asked for!

Edited by Aidan.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, raven said:

KM94 / Fever / Impossible Princess

The holy trinity I fear...

6ya201b.gif

Okay but we need Legend to mix these three for her next album. Fever's electropop sound (aka the air con vibe), IP's experimentation/personal lyrics and KM94's mature visuals - with some hints of OANLT's euphoria. The perfect recipe.

6ya201b.gif

now would the perfect time for kylie to venture into electronica more :duca: she would be perfect for SOPHIE, AG Cook or EASYFUN

53 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Okay but we need Legend to mix these three for her next album. Fever's electropop sound (aka the air con vibe), IP's experimentation/personal lyrics and KM94's mature visuals - with some hints of OANLT's euphoria. The perfect recipe.

6ya201b.gif

I want her to dive into 90s house again. Imagine more songs like “where has the love gone,” “falling,” “where is the feeling” :WAP:  

I think she said her next album is looking to be more electro pop sounding so we’re probably getting something like fever or body language which I’m very ok with. 

3 minutes ago, raven said:

I want her to dive into 90s house again. Imagine more songs like “where has the love gone,” “falling,” “where is the feeling” :WAP:  

I think she said her next album is looking to be more electro pop sounding so we’re probably getting something like fever or body language which I’m very ok with. 

The slay that would be. :jonnycat:

I'd also be here for some 00s trance elements:

When are we getting the vinyl reissues?

If there's one thing I want for the next album, it's a return of longer songs. I get that she needs to have the 3-minute pop songs for radio, but nothing's stopping her from having 2 or 3 shorter songs, and the rest of the album being like these religious experiences:

:flame::flame::flame:

Shutterstock_7543339g.jpg3936.jpg

3966218.jpg?type=article-fullkm95.jpg

So sleek. Her 1995 aesthetic >>> :jonny:

11 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Shutterstock_7543339g.jpg3936.jpg

3966218.jpg?type=article-fullkm95.jpg

So sleek. Her 1995 aesthetic >>> :jonny:

I think about her red hair era a lot :jonny6: she looked stunning the some kind of bliss video 

Just now, raven said:

I think about her red hair era a lot :jonny6: she looked stunning the some kind of bliss video 

Her most underrated video and song. :jonny: That beginning scene of her standing next to the car almost turns me straight. :gayliecat1:

We need a return of that aesthetic. She was stanning for it in the Life in Looks video.

13 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Her most underrated video and song. :jonny: That beginning scene of her standing next to the car almost turns me straight. :gayliecat1:

We need a return of that aesthetic. She was stanning for it in the Life in Looks video.

Such an underrated era in general. Her pen was being pushed on that album.

I would love for her to showcase that side of herself again (i.e. personal songwriting, indie-like visuals, etc.) but I feel like she's so traumatized from the pannings of IP, she probably won't try it again at this point. :emofish:

1 minute ago, raven said:

Such an underrated era in general. Her pen was being pushed on that album.

I would love for her to showcase that side of herself again (i.e. personal songwriting, indie-like visuals, etc.) but I feel like she's so traumatized from the pannings of IP, she probably won't try it again at this point. :emofish:

I feel like there was still some experimentation after that. CIMW remix, Fever tour, Slow, Chocolate... It was with X where she truly settled into being KylieTM.

I'm fine with her never releasing another IP-like album. It's such a unique moment in her career that it doesn't need to replicated. But I still dream of another CIM or Slow-type MOMENT where she's at the vanguard of pop. I don't mean in terms of success, but in elevating what pop music can be. Basically, I want more Kylie Minogue and less Kylie, if that makes sense.

6ya201b.gif

Kylie low-key had a mini and silent indie era in the early 2010's, after Aphrodite.

I don't know, I like  poppers infested, glittery Kylie better.

The GOLDEN era is literally golden. I LOVE IT :jonny5:

31 minutes ago, ATWK said:

I feel like there was still some experimentation after that. CIMW remix, Fever tour, Slow, Chocolate... It was with X where she truly settled into being KylieTM.

I'm fine with her never releasing another IP-like album. It's such a unique moment in her career that it doesn't need to replicated. But I still dream of another CIM or Slow-type MOMENT where she's at the vanguard of pop. I don't mean in terms of success, but in elevating what pop music can be. Basically, I want more Kylie Minogue and less Kylie, if that makes sense.

6ya201b.gif

so we basically need body language 2.0? I agree :gayliecat1:

JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR STARLIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT

singer-bad-singer.gif

The way she turned an 11/10 song into a 15/10 with this extended version. :jonny:

I'm just realizing how much DISCO: Extended Mixes should have been released on CD in the deluxe edition of the Guest List Edition

Like the remixes included with the GLE were total filler and almost all were already available somewhere or in an alternate form. It's pretty obvious the mix of Dance Floor Darling was meant to be used as part of its single run, but seeing as that was largely scrapped, they put it on the GLE. They should have released it separately to at least have made DFD somewhat of an event

Anyway, yes, the remixes bar the Studio 2054 mix of Real Groove should have been scrapped from the GLE. All 19 tracks plus that remix could have fit on one disc. So the deluxe GLE should have been:

CD1 - DISCO: Guest List Edition (19 tracks + S2054 remix)

CD2 - Extended Mixes

CD3 - INFINITE DISCO

DVD/Bluray - ID

It would have been literally perfect and a truly complete CD set! Then she still could have done the GLE, EM and ID as their own vinyl albums, which makes sense vs having a massive LP set. The standard GLE could have then just been a one disc 20 track album

Why am I only now discovering this BOP??? :jonnycat:

Why did no one tell me that Magic is a bop up there with her best :giraffe:

Just now, Dephira said:

Why did no one tell me that Magic is a bop up there with her best :giraffe:

Because we're not pathological liars. :giraffe: