Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

Spotify Christmas Hits (biggest Christmas playlist) updated it and removed both "Under the Mistletoe" and "Wrapped in Red".  "Underneath The Tree" and "Santa can't you hear me" both remain but the moved Underneath the tree down to #12 ugh! It was moved from #10 to 11 last year. Some random Spotify exclusive song was moved multiple spots to #6. So unfair. The removal of those two songs will greatly impact its streams. They were at 70 and 75 million streams each and were on track to hit 100 million in 2 years or less but not anymore. 

however, hopefully with her new Xmas songs they add some more. They removed a lot from the playlist including Mariah Carey, Ariana jhud song. 

they added some random ones including Demi's Spotify exclusive. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

^^ it is a shame, but they have been updating these playlists every now and then (I keep tabs on it on Songstats app), and I bet they will update again (and again) as the season progresses. Hey they could know about new Kelly songs (I'd wager a bet they would know about them and probably more than that as everything has to be sent a fair bit in advance). I guess your average listener won't want to hear Kelly song after Kelly song after Kelly song on the same playlist (in lieu of an album).

But don't lose hope about the playlists. Last year IBTLALLC got 6 million Spotify streams (purely based on playlisting - and it was late playlisting) and that was just a bit more than Glow (and IBTLALLC only amassed 2m in the 2 previous years combined). For most people, 2 Kelly and Brett collabs on the same playlist would probably be a bit much if they're giving a push for the new song. WIR, for me personally, is a skip, so I'm not mad at it going if something else gets a push as she has so many great Xmas originals (and her covers are good - although I'd be annoyed if the pentatonix or John legend collabs got the placement :deadbanana4:)

but yeah the Spotify exclusive deal is annoying, but I guess somewhat interestingly worth noting that Amazon is the biggest streamer for Xmas music (apparently), and they also have pulled these exclusive shenanigans for one year for some songs. Everything will stream well still, just might be a bit diluted with new music getting the streams 

ramblings of a tired person over

5 hours ago, jpsketch said:

Such a cute song. They might have another classic on their hands. 

Haven't listen yet cuz I'm at work but can't wait to listen! 

Bretts team didn't tag Kelly so it's not on her Spotify. Hopefully they update that 

is she going to have more xmas songs this yr? Is there any tea?

59 minutes ago, chaychay18 said:

She alluded to a song she wrote and performed with a male performer she's been dying to work with; but this one she didn't write, and she's performed with Brett on a studio song before, so we'll have another one hopefully this season rather than postponing it 

1 hour ago, chaychay18 said:

Personally I think her team is gonna release the deluxe version of When Christmas Comes Around. It only makes sense to continue to grow the album  

• Like 3

I hope so! I love her xmas music. It is so good.

• Like 1

Erm, the song CRUSH on Katy Perry's new album is a near-direct ripoff of Catch My Breath. :rip:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

Erm, the song CRUSH on Katy Perry's new album is a near-direct ripoff of Catch My Breath. :rip:

quite weird, but yes!

40 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

quite weird, but yes!

4 hours ago, jpsketch said:

People keep saying "it's just one lyric" but man for me the melody is sooo copy and paste! I hope she actually comes for the song for some credits out of dr l*** principle 

Also, apparently there's a lot of layoffs happening at Atlantic, wonder what it would mean for Kelly having the same artistic freedom :dancehall: and whether they'll make her release stuff she's recorded but kept off albums, like the Sia cowrite song :coffee2:

2 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

People keep saying "it's just one lyric" but man for me the melody is sooo copy and paste! I hope she actually comes for the song for some credits out of dr l*** principle 

i hear it in the melody and maybe vaguely in the production as well, but i only listened to it twice and not even all the way through

On the topic I think this song

sounds so much like this random eurovision movie song 

I really hope Kelly doesn't have any association with Diddy. I don't think she does but we don't know any stuff behind the scenes 

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I really hope Kelly doesn't have any association with Diddy. I don't think she does but we don't know any stuff behind the scenes 

lol is this even a topic. We all know she would never. She never goes to parties 

Woohoo! Cant wait! So mark is the duet? Does he sing? 

Still wondering if a deluxe verison of WCCA is happening. I mean we have a new photoshoot! 

8 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Woohoo! Cant wait! So mark is the duet? Does he sing? 

Still wondering if a deluxe verison of WCCA is happening. I mean we have a new photoshoot! 

This photo is giving Wrapped In Red in such a good way :superman:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.