Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

Does anyone remember anything about the song Kelly mentioned she wrote with "dancing" to Garth brooks that didn't make the cut? Like I loved how she sang the little line from it but can't remember the lyrics but the tune was nice

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

1 hour ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Does anyone remember anything about the song Kelly mentioned she wrote with "dancing" to Garth brooks that didn't make the cut? Like I loved how she sang the little line from it but can't remember the lyrics but the tune was nice

She talks about it here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

She talks about it here: 

Oh you're a star! 

ugh we need this song 

• Like 1

A while ago I mentioned the idea of artists doing EPs in between projects, but for a bunch of songs that have a similar vibe or wouldn't fit on an album, but I worded it poorly as "up-and-coming" artists.

Anyways, I would love, if we aren't destined to get a full on country album, to get a country songs EP between albums. It really seems to be a thing in the country scene atm.

Here are a few recent examples if you're interested:

Spoiler

Maren Morris:

Her new EP: "Intermission" is phenomenal. It only has 5 songs (rather than the conventional 6), but she has also released some standalone singles "for the fans" just before releasing this EP

Kelsea Ballerini:

Her EP, "Rolling Up The Welcome Mat" and then the 7 song follow up..."For Good" (classified on Spotify as an album), had comparable streaming success to her previous fully fledged album

Lauren Alaina:

She's always played around with EPs, but since moving to her new label, they have released an EP with 6 songs, and then an additional extra single. I think they were considering making an album, but nothing really stuck. But still, it had enough quality to be released for the fans, but maybe not enough of a thread to make a comprehensive album

Obviously, Kelly is much bigger than these artists, and I suppose her main money-making with a new release (excluding shows) is the physical albums, but considering she has dabbled in country music a lot and maybe won't want a full album, a cute EP would be something I'd love her to do. They almost feel like "I want to release this cos it's too good to be locked away but I don't necessarily want it on my album"

Although, there are also examples of pop musicians reducing albums to EPs due to lacklustre interest (see Leigh Ann from Little Mix, although, again I love what she put out) and then going in a different direction for the next project.

Obviously I'm bored as there's not much news seeping out, but I do think it's something fun to hypothesise. I also think if she banged a hit in country radio / hot country playlist, it would annoy a certain someone like crazy. :gaycat2:

The Chemistry era really went and gone. I miss when labels use to milk an era for at least a year. 

• Like 2

It seems that the KCS starts filming again on the 17th of September. Hopefully soon after, or even around that time, we get some music news.

Edited by RealityBites
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RealityBites said:

Anyone have any ideas? 

Seems like after some cross referencing with some previously known about ones, they found a few that are new to us! 👀👀👀

Including a Miley duet!

church is expected to be Glow 

1 minute ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Seems like after some cross referencing with some previously known about ones, they found a few that are new to us! 👀👀👀

Including a Miley duet!

church is expected to be Glow 

Oh and a few others were found that weren't on the mega list! Interesting!

Get into it (yuh)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the topic of certifications and sales, interesting thread on certifications in the uk

7.6m singles certified

2.26m albums certified

pretty impressive!!

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

On 8/10/2024 at 4:48 PM, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

A while ago I mentioned the idea of artists doing EPs in between projects, but for a bunch of songs that have a similar vibe or wouldn't fit on an album, but I worded it poorly as "up-and-coming" artists.

Anyways, I would love, if we aren't destined to get a full on country album, to get a country songs EP between albums. It really seems to be a thing in the country scene atm.

Here are a few recent examples if you're interested:

Reveal hidden contents

Maren Morris:

Her new EP: "Intermission" is phenomenal. It only has 5 songs (rather than the conventional 6), but she has also released some standalone singles "for the fans" just before releasing this EP

Kelsea Ballerini:

Her EP, "Rolling Up The Welcome Mat" and then the 7 song follow up..."For Good" (classified on Spotify as an album), had comparable streaming success to her previous fully fledged album

Lauren Alaina:

She's always played around with EPs, but since moving to her new label, they have released an EP with 6 songs, and then an additional extra single. I think they were considering making an album, but nothing really stuck. But still, it had enough quality to be released for the fans, but maybe not enough of a thread to make a comprehensive album

Obviously, Kelly is much bigger than these artists, and I suppose her main money-making with a new release (excluding shows) is the physical albums, but considering she has dabbled in country music a lot and maybe won't want a full album, a cute EP would be something I'd love her to do. They almost feel like "I want to release this cos it's too good to be locked away but I don't necessarily want it on my album"

Although, there are also examples of pop musicians reducing albums to EPs due to lacklustre interest (see Leigh Ann from Little Mix, although, again I love what she put out) and then going in a different direction for the next project.

Obviously I'm bored as there's not much news seeping out, but I do think it's something fun to hypothesise. I also think if she banged a hit in country radio / hot country playlist, it would annoy a certain someone like crazy. :gaycat2:

essentially after every post you make i say to myself 'i wish bravotangowhiskey ran kelly's music career :allears:.' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, wren said:

essentially after every post you make i say to myself 'i wish bravotangowhiskey ran kelly's music career :allears:.' 

Hahaha that would be dreamy :allears: but would I turn into a yes person :coffee:

On 7/29/2024 at 3:12 PM, RealityBites said:

Where is our KC TexMex food lol

It's coming. Sounds like just salsa right now but maybe if it does well they will expand 

On 8/25/2024 at 12:49 AM, RealityBites said:

That's hilarious, maybe she's interpolating it or whatever the term is

New single debut with the return of the KCS, I think we deserve :gaycat4:

Spoiler

Calma TV stans, I jest 

happy 20th anniversary year, Breakaway, here's some salsa!!

jk, but not really? haha

3 hours ago, KCAus2020 said:

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS2kwBwhU/

what is this song? 

How does he get these songs? Someone needs to change their passwords lol.

Sounds recent or from chemistry 

I didn't hear Sia? Did you?

Edited by RealityBites

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.