Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

The one thing I don't like about her is how rigid she is when it comes to her music, we won't have surprise songs like Taylor, we won't have unsung songs or verses like Gaga, new looks like Beyonce. She's tight lipped when it comes to her unreleased stuff and record label. That's just being highly professional of course, but I wish sometimes she did reveal something interesting.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• XxxKatyCatxxX

All the fan accounts on twitter talking about Shoesday Tuesday tomorrow + Cardi B about to release again as well

Definitely sings something is coming

18 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

That’s why a think a documentary where she “opens her heart” should be made, I don’t think being thaaaat honest about her downfall would be beneficial but I really think a documentary like Selena’s My Mind and Me would do wonders for her career 

Honestly I think revisiting the Witness era in an interview and showcasing not only the vulnerability but the growth that came from it could be really powerful stuff. She wanted to be taken more seriously and even though that was tossed aside and people kept her in the box of 'nostalgic bops' it would be a good way to publicly reclaim her power from what was a really low point for her both personally and professionally.

Depending on what direction her new music is going in I think that could help in her being taken more seriously, so long as its not too heavy handed and no other antics overshadow it

she just needs to be all-in for the next era.  She's always gotten huge promo slots, whether they are the wrong promo or not, she still gets them.  She just has to have the urge and ambition.  If she half-asses it and makes her persona all about shoes and campiness, it'll be another flop.  If she has adequate playlisting and a modern style with an urge to comeback she could do some damage.  I already know the music will be good.  It always is.  The promo strategy just sucks lately.  She needs people on her team that know how to promote properly for 2023.  Her team now seems to be stuck in 2013, so it's not exactly all her fault. 

On 9/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, Tistotal said:

It’s been 3 years since Smile and I can see her releasing another mixtape like Smile :rip: that’s what annoys me

why don't you like Smile?  I think it's a great album.  It's not better than Teenage Dream or Prism, but it's better than Witness for me for sure.  Witness has half filler.  Smile really doesn't have a bad song.

12 hours ago, spree said:

why don't you like Smile?  I think it's a great album.  It's not better than Teenage Dream or Prism, but it's better than Witness for me for sure.  Witness has half filler.  Smile really doesn't have a bad song.

Not the one you quoted but

smile is cute but all over the place. For me, her weakest album and musically not cohesive at all.

one of the boys had pop-rock-punk sound, exploring teen and late adolescence years topics of trying to fit in while staying rebellious, falling in love for the first time, seeing everything in extreme

TD is everything you think it is. Fun, quirky, unapologetic, banger after banger, playing with different but then again complimentary sounds. 

Prism is like 25 year old girl/guy who  still like to have fun but has some life experiance and is realizing he will need to conform

whitness is musically something new to her, exploring topics of what is the meaning of life if there’s any and what are joys of life (sex, partner, familiy, being in peace with yourself) with ocasional banger such swish swish

and then there is Smile. Musically all over the place - from pure pop production like Tucked and Smile to more interesting ones like NRO and Cry about it,  over 70s/disco vibe in Champagne problems, to trap in NTEOTW and stripper down (but dull) acustic song like Resilient. And yeah dance production in Teary eyes and a bit tropican music in HiH. Really a bunch of sounds that, if we take every by itself are good, but as a whole not so much. Topics are mostly self empowering but are not as convincing as Rise or Firework so they seem like they are more there because it’s on her brand than really something she feels and thinks.

don’t get me wrong, 70% of songs can be good singles with proper push (NRO,HIH, CAIL, Champagne problems, Tucked, Daisies, Only love) but than we just go back to the begining - is she a single artist or can she have a good and cohesive album 

Edited by hummingbird12

I don’t listen to albums and think of what cohesive topics there are lol.  Lyrical content means very little to me. I’m more about rhythms and beats and catchiness.  Which is probably why I don’t listen to Taylor cuz storytelling does nothing for me. Give me bops!

17 hours ago, spree said:

5 hours ago, hummingbird12 said:

musically not cohesive at all

Pretty much this, this is why I say Smile mixtape, it's literally a collection of bops she recorded in 2018 - 2019. Witness is not her best album but at least it's pretty much cohesive in lyrics and sound.

The aesthetic for Smile also :rip: even the Smile series 

36 minutes ago, Century said:

I had a rough week and it made me come around to Not the End of the World after all these years. :ahh:

I'm so sorry for you

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, thismoment said:

https://x.com/katyperry/status/1699190648988111251?s=46&t=mJwPL-4sMMucGMuh-NBVEg 

The likes? what’s up with her shoes making noise lately? 

I think it’s just the Twitter algorithm suddenly picking up this post and exposing it to a large number of users, i mean look at the views it has. 
if she had to “buy” the likes why wouldn’t she do that for other shoesday posts? 

11 hours ago, playboi said:

uhm.. I think these are bought cuz wtf :ahh:

On 8/29/2023 at 12:47 AM, hummingbird12 said:

Just ran into Mike Posner interview for Mike Dohner podcast and is really good. He was reflecting on his “downfall” since Cooler than me and how he tough he is on top while every other single after was  less sucessful and was one hit wonder. That clip has 160k likes on tiktok.

made me think, Katy needs like 2 real interviews like that that would boost an interest prior to releasing smtng. One hour format with ppl who are not media guys. Ariana did that with Zach Sang and it was great. All ppl who did this kind of talk opened more topics and were really honest about their journey, music, how things go in the industry, relations with other singers etc. She could do that with Zach, Mike and even Dua Lipa as she has her own podcast.

i’m tierd of the staged interviews she is doing with the same questions where they ask here abot what was her parents opinion when she put out IKAG, how she is the only female with 5 no.1, when she will get merried to Orlando, how Daisy has changed her and what can we expect next from her. She needs to re-connect with fans and public that generally like her

she is 15 years in the industry, we want to know how much labels have influanced or shifted her first sound as all following records after OOTB are pure pop, like how much did they wanted to fit her in Avril box or she was just exploring and finding herself. Did she knew some of her songs prior to her rise to fame were given to Kelly or did she found out once they were put out. Was she affraid of making a second album as she had 2 massive hits but at the same time, wasn’t an industry fave like Gaga or Rihanna (was more considered like 2 hit wonder). How did she cope with TD massive numbers, does she thinks she deserves a grammy and some info she has regarding nominations and awards, is she in any kind of relationship with Bonny, dr.Luke with whom she was making magic, what was happening after Super-bowl and does she thinks supporting Hilary hurt her carrier during Trump, does she has true friendships in the game and a comment about gaga, rihanna and taylor as all 4 of them started at the same time and were having huge sucess, what she thinks about some of her live performances and other

i really want to know her and her path. And this could benefit her if she gives us real inside info, self-reflects.

Good morning america and all other interviews are really not doing anything for her and don’t have that real talk that can go viral among music fans like the interviews from Mike Posner, Ariana, Kelly Clarkson and former 5th Harmony members. 

This is where a documentary will come in handy. And I’m not talking about just a tour documentary with minimum bts footage, I’m talking about actual deep retrospective documentary with some tour footage here and there…like Taylor’s miss Americana, Selena’s my mind and me, Demi’s simply complicated etc. If she doesn’t want to address anything, sure she can just sit quietly and live her life privately. But if she wants to still succeed and claims validation from the public, she needs to address these things in a very raw and unfiltered way in a docu like that. So that the people will really know what really happened and what made her make all the decisions she made in her career, and how everything turned out and what effects did it have. She needs to realize how much Part of Me movie helped her image in 2012. But that was still kinda commercialized, the new docu needs to be from HER perspective, not the industry or media perspective. Like what really happened during tje witness era behind the scenes? There’s so many things she can talk about and tie it to her life before being famous. Sure she had the witness livestream, but sorry to say that didn’t tell us ANYTHING about her apart from that therapy session which was twisted and broken apart in a negative way by so many. She needs to take her power back with a docu. 

6 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

I think it’s just the Twitter algorithm suddenly picking up this post and exposing it to a large number of users, i mean look at the views it has. 
if she had to “buy” the likes why wouldn’t she do that for other shoesday posts? 

yeah obviously she didn’t buy likes for this post, the previous ones had many likes as well, maybe her team finally woke up and decided to use her social media properly 

A few of the GUTS songs remind me so much of OOTB Katy. Wonder how different her career would have been if the Glen Ballard album was released officially

On 8/28/2023 at 11:47 PM, hummingbird12 said:

Just ran into Mike Posner interview for Mike Dohner podcast and is really good. He was reflecting on his “downfall” since Cooler than me and how he tough he is on top while every other single after was  less sucessful and was one hit wonder. That clip has 160k likes on tiktok.

made me think, Katy needs like 2 real interviews like that that would boost an interest prior to releasing smtng. One hour format with ppl who are not media guys. Ariana did that with Zach Sang and it was great. All ppl who did this kind of talk opened more topics and were really honest about their journey, music, how things go in the industry, relations with other singers etc. She could do that with Zach, Mike and even Dua Lipa as she has her own podcast.

i’m tierd of the staged interviews she is doing with the same questions where they ask here abot what was her parents opinion when she put out IKAG, how she is the only female with 5 no.1, when she will get merried to Orlando, how Daisy has changed her and what can we expect next from her. She needs to re-connect with fans and public that generally like her

she is 15 years in the industry, we want to know how much labels have influanced or shifted her first sound as all following records after OOTB are pure pop, like how much did they wanted to fit her in Avril box or she was just exploring and finding herself. Did she knew some of her songs prior to her rise to fame were given to Kelly or did she found out once they were put out. Was she affraid of making a second album as she had 2 massive hits but at the same time, wasn’t an industry fave like Gaga or Rihanna (was more considered like 2 hit wonder). How did she cope with TD massive numbers, does she thinks she deserves a grammy and some info she has regarding nominations and awards, is she in any kind of relationship with Bonny, dr.Luke with whom she was making magic, what was happening after Super-bowl and does she thinks supporting Hilary hurt her carrier during Trump, does she has true friendships in the game and a comment about gaga, rihanna and taylor as all 4 of them started at the same time and were having huge sucess, what she thinks about some of her live performances and other

i really want to know her and her path. And this could benefit her if she gives us real inside info, self-reflects.

Good morning america and all other interviews are really not doing anything for her and don’t have that real talk that can go viral among music fans like the interviews from Mike Posner, Ariana, Kelly Clarkson and former 5th Harmony members. 

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

I'm tired of the same "funny XD" interviews whenever she does them nowadays. Everything seems so scripted and pointless and 100% agree with what you say, new audience will never relate to her if she isn't actually telling her story, the ups & downs.

To add on to all this talk about documentaries, she also needs to go back to the very start of her musical career and talk about her beginnings in Christian/gospel music. When you realise how sheltered she grew up a lot of her 'kooky' and quirky behaviour and even songs like IKAG make a lot more sense.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

To add on to all this talk about documentaries, she also needs to go back to the very start of her musical career and talk about her beginnings in Christian/gospel music. When you realise how sheltered she grew up a lot of her 'kooky' and quirky behaviour and even songs like IKAG make a lot more sense.

Regarding this, she did talk about it in Part of Me movie, so maybe she can just talk about the most significant aspects of that part of her life and how it affected her since. POM movie focused on only her beginnings and her becoming famous. The new documentary can still touch on all those things, but it should extensively talk about  how she dealt with the fame, how she handled everything after being famous….because let’s be real, her level of skyrocketing to fame is something not everyone experiences in this industry. So she can dig deep on a lot of aspects here. 

only if she wants to that is, because going back to talk about your difficult times is emotionally draining for most people. But it can still mentally help you eventually and in Katy’s case, the public will also get to know her perspective. 

• Like 1

can she just release new single and perform at VMAS? :rip:

19 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Regarding this, she did talk about it in Part of Me movie, so maybe she can just talk about the most significant aspects of that part of her life and how it affected her since. POM movie focused on only her beginnings and her becoming famous. The new documentary can still touch on all those things, but it should extensively talk about  how she dealt with the fame, how she handled everything after being famous….because let’s be real, her level of skyrocketing to fame is something not everyone experiences in this industry. So she can dig deep on a lot of aspects here. 

only if she wants to that is, because going back to talk about your difficult times is emotionally draining for most people. But it can still mentally help you eventually and in Katy’s case, the public will also get to know her perspective. 

Agree. Also i wanna know how the industry works, what compromises she had to do, does she has real friendships with other popstars or are they only in touch during some events, how she sees her Superbowl performance, all about witness era - from how  she decided to switch the sound, finding new collaborators, roll out, reception, what she thinks about the album now, smile album - did she wanted to put out a record during pandemic while pregnant or the industry dictates how and when. What she thinks about awards, peers. So many things she can adress and have a good amount of media and SM coverage with the content

I just checked some of the PLAY next dates and they have a bunch of available tickets still :'(

The tickets are super cheap too, she has tickets available for $59 plus fees. Adele/Gaga's cheapest tickets start at $205 plus fees.

On 9/10/2023 at 6:53 PM, thismoment said:

the pics from the d&g campaign look so amazing, i can’t wait to see the commercial :jonny:

I hope that the campaign contains some humorous aspect, for which we love Katy so much!

Edited by Fastlane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.