Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

ya'll what's the tea? is she really working with luke again for kp6? :monkey: or are the girls on here just trolling

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• XxxKatyCatxxX

On 7/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, wehan6 said:

ya'll what's the tea? is she really working with luke again for kp6? :monkey: or are the girls on here just trolling

According to insiders she‘s been working with Luke and the song will sample the house classic Gypsy Woman (She‘s Homeless) but nothing‘s confirmed.

Edited by PopKills

Firework is #29 on iTunes.  Where has it gotten other years?

Katy Perry, Firework
🌎 Global: #168 (1,177,795 streams)
🇺🇸 USA: #18 (701,260 streams)

:jonny4:

• Like 3

They had so many good outtakes from the Teenage Dream shoot yet they went with that ugly Complete Confection cover :skull:

So this bop was written for Katy Perry? 

It's such a bop, I just can't

8 hours ago, Tistotal said:

So this bop was written for Katy Perry? 

It's such a bop, I just can't

Really? Why is she like that, turning down every good collab but doing things like Where We Started :gaycat6:

14 hours ago, PopKills said:

Really? Why is she like that, turning down every good collab but doing things like Where We Started :gaycat6:

That's what the insider said. Apparently, Katy didn't have time to promote the song like Guetta wanted, so he reworked the song.

Now that Play is nearing its end.. do y'all think it was a good decision career-wise?

Personally I don't

On 6/29/2023 at 7:31 PM, Sadie Saxton said:

Not me expecting there to be a hint of new music on that MySpace link she posted :deadbanana2: and WHY is there a discord link? :deadbanana2:

I sent them my email and still haven't received an invite i'm guessing no one else did :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, Tistotal said:

That's what the insider said. Apparently, Katy didn't have time to promote the song like Guetta wanted, so he reworked the song.

Katy didn't have the time? Right..

6 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

Now that Play is nearing its end.. do y'all think it was a good decision career-wise?

Personally I don't

I feel like it wasn't a bad decision at first. She wanted some more time with Daisy and doing PLAY kept her somewhat relevant.

I think PLAY went on for too long. She should have started a new era some time ago. 3 years between albums is just not smart, especially in the streaming era. If she ever wants to have another (somewhat) commercially successful album, she better be working on some quality bops and convince AM/Spotify she's still worthy of a big push.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, wehan6 said:

Katy without Luke as an important supplier, is like US military without Raytheon.

17826382-14953752599224238_origin.png

His stuff has been tested on smaller girls like Doja Cat (5'3", 120+ lbs, 32B), Kim Petras (5'6", 120lbs, coconuts),... and he can't wait for the top of the line full size pop girl (5'8", 130+ lbs, at least 32DD) to return.

She will get extra potent ammo, he will make sure that the shots will penetrate the targets and do max damage from within.

Bonnie will do the final adjustments for the perfect aim and shot.

A little bit of controversy is better than being ignored.

The only thing missing is a market crash, recession with soaring unemployment, millions of home foreclosures,... Like Financial Crisis (2008), European debt crisis (2011-2012),...

In half year to a year the market conditions might be ideal for Katy. If she starts recording now or after the last Play date, she can be ready for the Spring offensive next year.

Edited by katykater

A house infused disco era is a must, but would also love a more stripped singer-songwriter era a la A Cup of Coffee, Lost, I’m Still Breathing. :heart:

On 7/13/2023 at 2:59 AM, Tistotal said:

source?

Been revisiting a lot of Katy's material this past week, whew pop excellence

Wish there was a video version of E.T. on Spotify that combined both versions. That is the superior version

• Thanks 1

Smile album aged so bad for me... I don't know if it's because I overplayed it, but damn...

Edited by Tistotal

4 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Smile album aged so bad for me... I don't know if it's because I overplayed it, but damn...

It's her worst album imo. It was a cute gift for us to survive the pandemic but I really need another one. 

• Like 1

Smile didn't have as much staying power for me because of the drawn out release. There was almost a year and a half between the release of NRO and the album and by the time the album was out we'd already heard a third of the album. The hype was so real with NRO/365 and it couldn't be sustained that long

yeah, 2019 was the moment. 365, Con Calma Remix, Met Gala, NRO, YNTCD single campaign, Harleys in Hawaii... she was kinda becoming relevant and liked among pop listeners again. In 2020 her pregnancy overshadowed the entire album campaign and conveniently releasing Smile when she gave birth was a bad idea imo. Daisy got all the media coverage.

I just feel like being her fan is not exciting anymore so she better be cooking something interesting and not a nursery rhyme about how love is the key that unlocks every door...

6 hours ago, Tistotal said:

I agree, except for Harleys In Hawaii. Still sound fresh

Ugh this base made me happy - so glad to see some Katycats, such a rare breed these days. I love me some KP but it feels like centuries since we had a Katy era. The Smile era was cute of course but hmm, as @Tistotal said it hasn't really stood the test of time. It's not an excellent album but of course it's fun and full of bops.

As for Play... IDK, I guess it kept her vaguely niche relevant in USA, no doubt, but of course internationally its like she's been silent for a few years. Think the only time I see her is from American Idol clips which is both good and bad; good: better to be visible than to not be but bad: appearing on Idol distinctly gives the impression she's "past her prime."

However AS we know for the years-late adoration for "Harleys in Hawaii", Mrs. Bloom has plenty of bops up her sleeve. 

Anyway, let me go blast some Witness and look forward to a new KP era - hopefully soon! 

@Fastlane love you stanning "Save as Draft." I've always found this to be one of the most heartbreaking songs ever. :'( Wanting to reach out, try again, see if things can be salvaged but making the heart breaking decision to let someone get away and move on, even when you still love them maybe, UGH. :sosad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.