Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

Happy new year Cats. Hope we get an album this year with a WW tour. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• XxxKatyCatxxX

14 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

NTEOTW isn't exactly high standard music video either and they still released that one

They had the POTENTIAL to make that video so great but we ended up with that satire.

11 hours ago, spree said:

I can.  Smile is absolutely a way better album.

lyrically yes, but i think overall witness is more diverse, although I totally get why people never liked it 

2 minutes ago, thismoment said:

lyrically yes, but i think overall witness is more diverse, although I totally get why people never liked it 

I really love how diverse it is too even though I love both albums. I think she should have replaced some tracks with better songs or cut some songs out.

1)Roulette (Opens album gets people interested)

2)Witness

3)Deja Vu (replaces Hey Hey Hey)

4)Swish Swish

5)Power

6)Chained To The Rhythm

7)Tsunami

8)Bon Appetit

9)Save As Draft

10) Pendulum (End on a classic Katy uplifting song)

Roulette opens up with catchy beat and lyrics and high first album song streams about letting go. Witness with the good chorus and about being seen. Deja Vu about being stuck. Swish Swish being her confidence coming back and her vengance. Power about her reclaiming what she lost. Chain To The Rhythm about taking what she learned to help wake people up who's been in her predicament. Tsunami being her sexual liberation. Bon Appetit is her becoming confident after Tsunami. Save as Draft being her relapse of the relationship but being conscious of not going back. Pendulum is her empowering herself.

Now that I see a majority of the tracks. She should have just marketed this as a woman empowerment album. It would have sold better with that in mind. Just add 2-4 songs between whatever tracks and Witness seems more solid.

half of the Witness album is filler.  If that's diversity, then have at it, lol.  Smile is much more solid.

5 hours ago, Topaz said:

I really love how diverse it is too even though I love both albums. I think she should have replaced some tracks with better songs or cut some songs out.

2)Witness

4)Swish Swish

5)Power

6)Chained To The Rhythm

7)Tsunami

8)Bon Appetit

9)Save As Draft

Roulette opens up with catchy beat and lyrics and high first album song streams about letting go. Witness with the good chorus and about being seen. Deja Vu about being stuck. Swish Swish being her confidence coming back and her vengance. Power about her reclaiming what she lost. Chain To The Rhythm about taking what she learned to help wake people up who's been in her predicament. Tsunami being her sexual liberation. Bon Appetit is her becoming confident after Tsunami. Save as Draft being her relapse of the relationship but being conscious of not going back. Pendulum is her empowering herself.

Now that I see a majority of the tracks. She should have just marketed this as a woman empowerment album. It would have sold better with that in mind. Just add 2-4 songs between whatever tracks and Witness seems more solid.

where's mind maze :biblio:

6 hours ago, Topaz said:

2)Witness

4)Swish Swish

5)Power

6)Chained To The Rhythm

7)Tsunami

8)Bon Appetit

9)Save As Draft

Witness is beyond saving, you can’t really make a cohesive album out of it. 

That’s why we have PRISM and OOTB aka her best albums :clap3:

16 minutes ago, PopKills said:

So do we think Katy will release something this year or be lazy/a happy mother? 

Am I delusional to hope for an album? I just get the feeling that she’s up to something with all this love ❤️ hinting and it can’t be just for a random single. 

But it could also be for her valentine shoe collection so i’m not getting too excited 

Daily reminder that she and her team gave this to a commercial for a mobile game when it mops 95% of her last two albums. :psyduck:

Edited by Sadie Saxton

6 hours ago, thismoment said:

Witness is beyond saving, you can’t really make a cohesive album out of it. 

That’s why we have PRISM and OOTB aka her best albums :clap3:

TRUE -CRIES-

12 hours ago, spree said:

half of the Witness album is filler.  If that's diversity, then have at it, lol.  Smile is much more solid.

Smile is so much better

8 hours ago, PopKills said:

I am more inclined to think she won't release anything and will just finish her residency... However, the more she waits, the harder it will be for her to gain any traction again...

16 hours ago, Topaz said:

2)Witness

4)Swish Swish

5)Power

6)Chained To The Rhythm

7)Tsunami

8)Bon Appetit

9)Save As Draft

not your removing her top 5 ballad Miss you more and putting Pendulum. 

12 hours ago, thismoment said:

Am I delusional to hope for an album? I just get the feeling that she’s up to something with all this love ❤️ hinting and it can’t be just for a random single. 

But it could also be for her valentine shoe collection so i’m not getting too excited 

Nnnnn the shoe part is funny because it’s true :gaycat6: 

I mean she *has* said she plans to release and tour a new album, it’s all down to how motivated she is honestly. 

4 hours ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

I am more inclined to think she won't release anything and will just finish her residency... However, the more she waits, the harder it will be for her to gain any traction again...

She needs a PR gay for social media like Meghan Trainor has tbh :jonnycat:

12 hours ago, Sadie Saxton said:

Daily reminder that she and her team gave this to a commercial for a mobile game when it mops 95% of her last two albums. :psyduck:

This IS BEAUTIFUL!! A shame it isn't on spotify

15 minutes ago, SalvoPK said:

jump in

i hate country music, but if she can find a way to combine it with a dance sound then maybe i’m here for her kuntry era :jonny6:

I miss Mamma :bam:  hope she is on mario soundtrack +  new summer lead uptempo single + Album in August 

1 minute ago, znake said:

I miss Mamma :bam:  hope she is on mario soundtrack +  new summer lead uptempo single + Album in August 

not the super mario twitter rumors :rip:

On 1/2/2023 at 4:54 AM, SalvoPK said:

the way 365 is already about to be 4 years old :cries:

one of her best wbk

On 1/3/2023 at 1:07 AM, PopKills said:

2024 is near...

champagneonkaty-katy-perry-snl.gif

6 hours ago, thismoment said:

i hate country music, but if she can find a way to combine it with a dance sound then maybe i’m here for her kuntry era :jonny6:

Nnnnnnn an album full of “Timber”s could you imagine? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.