• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

Finally a good quality version upload of the I Get Lonely performance at the 1998 TMF Awards in the Netherlands, uploaded onto the official TMF youtube channel.

• Like 1

Did she ever play new music during the tour or did she just lie? 

janet-jackson.png

2 hours ago, Spark said:

Did she ever play new music during the tour or did she just lie? 

janet-jackson.png

She played this snippet

and that's about it

janet-jackson.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know BURNITUP! was a hit in the dance scene in Korea? And was #16 on Japan Hot 100!

1st is a dance cover from K-pop idol member Yoo Taeyang of SF9 in 2020, 2nd is dance battle between female dancer Waackxxxy (who has won international dance competitions) and non-binary dancer Haejun in 2019, and 3rd is from the dance team Eoddae that have prominent out-gay dancers in 2022. After being made fun of by other male dancers for dancing "girlish" (homophobia), the team double downed by dancing to Janet and Britney. :gaynetcat1: 

Anyways, I wanted to show a sample of Janet's international influence to this date in other countries (and also their respective dance/LGBT community.) Especially in Korea where basically everyone in K-pop is Jacksons' sons/daughters!

Edited by I Melt Away
  • Like 4

Get ready to come "Together Again" at Atlantis Bahamas—this time with the incomparable Janet Jackson!
Experience Miss Jackson's legendary music catalogue as she headlines an unforgettable concert on Saturday, April 27 live from Casuarina Beach. Secure early bird tickets for the performance of a lifetime!

Early Bird Tickets start at $149.00 (Vat not included)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1CfJZRr3m0/?igshid=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

Edited by robbyds
  • Like 2

I'm kinda having a moment with Discipline this evening :deadbanana2: the uptempos are slapping tonight (the ballads however I'm skipping though I really like Let Me Know).

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:02 AM, Devin said:

mf classic came on

R&B Junkie is such a groovy classic and could have been a big single. The video would have been so good.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

R&B Junkie is such a groovy classic and could have been a big single. The video would have been so good.

!!!

Damita Jo is one my favorite Janet albums. The quality in that album is painfully slept on. 

:jonny5:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Devin said:

!!!

Damita Jo is one my favorite Janet albums. The quality in that album is painfully slept on. 

Damita Jo is my second favourite after The Velvet Rope. Everything about that album I adore - the summer aesthetic, the grooves, the tranquility - it's a near perfect album and so underrated.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

Damita Jo is my second favourite after The Velvet Rope. Everything about that album I adore - the summer aesthetic, the grooves, the tranquility - it's a near perfect album and so underrated.

Taste :jonny5:

them 2 albums + RN1814 and Janet. its insane how she just had back to back quality projects. she kinda loss me a bit at AFY and 20 tho :skull:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, Off The Wall said:

Almost 4 years since Black Diamond was announced. :rip:

Almost 9 years since Invincible Unbreakable was released. :rip:

Holy ****. That can’t be right. That woman has been playing with us for FOUR years?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Devin said:

!!!

I look forward to us celebrating #DamitaJo20 this coming year. 

:gaynetcat4:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Devin said:

Taste :jonny5:

them 2 albums + RN1814 and Janet. its insane how she just had back to back quality projects. she kinda loss me a bit at AFY and 20 tho :skull:

Yes ikr! The quality of her discography is unreal.

All For You is one of her weaker albums imo but it's mostly strong and 20 Y.O. is a mixed bag - some highs some lows. The bonus tracks are probably the best ones imo.

My ranking would be:

The Velvet Rope

Damita Jo

janet.

Unbreakable

Control

Rhythm Nation 1814

All For You

Discipline

20 Y.O.

(I still need to listen to the first two properly)

• Like 2

I need at least one more album so I can say I lived through an era as a stan :emofish:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

I need at least one more album so I can say I lived through an era as a stan :emofish:

Same here, I started to become a fan in summer 2016 so just after Unbreakable.

Got 'Til It's Gone is now at 99,013,316 combined streams. In about 2 weeks it'll reach 100 million mark. I initially thought it'd only reach about 94-95 million by the end of 2023 based on past yearly streaming totals for the song, but thanks to some small boost on playlisting, in particular one curated by Barack Obama for Spotify, it managed to gain a few million more for the yearly total.

Radio Edit Version - 3,085,764 streams

Album Version - 95,927,552 streams

• Like 4

Three months to the 20th anniversary of Damita Jo! :gaynetcat4:

We'll be celebrating here on ATRL, just a heads up!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kishi said:

Three months to the 20th anniversary of Damita Jo! :gaynetcat4:

We'll be celebrating here on ATRL, just a heads up!

What we need in order to properly celebrate is a deluxe version with “I’m Here” and “Put Your Hands On” and whatever else is in the vault! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

What we need in order to properly celebrate is a deluxe version with “I’m Here” and “Put Your Hands On” and whatever else is in the vault! 

Also pops up and put it on me

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.