• Moth 2 The Flame

11 minutes ago, TheGreatestX said:

This samples Together Again

Just came to post this

On 6/30/2023 at 12:58 PM, PopThatCorn said:

No one needs 40 Y.O. :gaynetcat4:

I need 40 Y.O. :gaynetcat4:

On 7/3/2023 at 3:49 PM, NOW said:

Btw I can't believe it took me until this year to find out she had not one but TWO of the best songs ever on one album.

Is the other song China Love? :gaynetcat3:

On 7/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Janet already played a new record on her tour on few dates called "Keep Dancing" but cut it off so we of course don't hear the whole song and said we not ready yet for it to drop teasing us so she will release a record soon.

I don't mind being teased, but with Janet, she's been too quiet regarding music and I'm confused with what's going on for her next release. I do look forward to hearing the song in full and hope it's released this year. 

On 7/4/2023 at 1:48 AM, PopThatCorn said:

Why is Sexhibition so underrated?

I get that it's short but it's so instant. Simply a banger from start to finish with flawless vocal production. Her vocals in general are fantastic... the bridge especially is just soooo good. 

Damita Ho is very misunderstood. The album flows perfectly despite it's length and various styles (not to mention the drama surrounding it's completion and release). If it had a proper hit single the album would definitely be one of her most popular projects today.

The album is stuffed with masterpieces like Sexhibition, SloLove, Island Legend, All Nite (At Church), R&B Jesus, Spending Time With Allah...

Put Your Hands On My Grammy wasn't even on the album and it's single worthy. 

tumblr_mfx8s6RgB21qk6zdio1_400.gif

:ahh: 

But, you're right.

I wish SloLove was a single!

On 7/5/2023 at 2:09 AM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Moist 

...deserves so much more love and praise!

11 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

They added the border for deluxe

592x592bb.webp

Eh.

Yassssss for 70's Love Groove finally on streaming though!

Edited by kishi
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kishi said:

Eh.

Yassssss for 70's Love Groove finally on streaming though!

FINALLY!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheGreatestX said:

Not sure if anyone uses this version but found it hidden on Spotify...

I use it :jonny: thanks

I’m finally getting into 20 Y.O. :jonny2:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Quicksand said:

I’m finally getting into 20 Y.O. :jonny2:

"I wanna keep it light, I just wanna have fun. I know, I don't know. That's what I do know!"

:jonny5:

1 hour ago, kishi said:

"I wanna keep it light, I just wanna have fun. I know, I don't know. That's what I do know!"

:jonny5:

That Get It Out Me - Do It 2 Me - This Body run is magic :jonnycat:

• Like 2

40 Y.O. praise? Not on my watch :biblio:

An album with mediocrity and plain trash like Show Me, Do It 2 Me and Love 2 Love doesn't deserve any praise as a body of work.

Save the acclaim to the electropop SERVE that is Godcipline :gaynetcat2: Not only was the Queen ahead of the curve by doing electropop she also released timeless classics like these ones:

Also not to mention the EXCELLENCE that the album cover serves compared to 40 Y.O. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, allforyou said:

An album with mediocrity and plain trash like Show Me, Do It 2 Me and Love 2 Love doesn't deserve any praise as a body of work.

Save the acclaim to the electropop SERVE that is Godcipline :gaynetcat2: Not only was the Queen ahead of the curve by doing electropop she also released timeless classics like these ones:

Also not to mention the EXCELLENCE that the album cover serves compared to 40 Y.O. 

Imagine shading Love 2 Love and then claiming that any song after 2Nite on Discipline is a classic or timeless.

https://i.imgur.com/skIn72K.gif

Edited by HereInMyHead
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

Did y’all see the interview Harmony Samuels did this year? He says he’s still working with Janet? :gaycat6:

https://ratedrnb.com/2023/05/harmony-samuels-teases-new-music-janet-jackson-amber-riley/

I was hoping his stuff was scrapped

What does it matter? She's not going to release an album anyways.

qaadir-qaadirhoward.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HereInMyHead said:

Imagine shading Love 2 Love and then claiming that any song after 2Nite on Discipline is a classic or timeless.

:clap3:

Bathroom Break interlude and Missy's rap about peen alone make Dislocated worse than 20 Calories.

• Haha 2

If this song becomes a success Janet getting credit since this copy Together Again 

• Like 1

One More Chance is one of my fav Janet ballads :celestial:can’t believe it’s finally on streaming 

• Thanks 1

And On And On should’ve been an official single. It was already getting radio play at the time. 

• Like 2

I was having such a hard time finding the deluxe on Spotify. It wasn't showing up on her artist page for me, but here is a link for anyone who needs :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

If this song becomes a success Janet getting credit since this copy Together Again 

This sounds like a hit.

hopefully Gen Z “discovers” Together Again. It’s too well-written a song to just be forgotten like that. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:09 AM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Damita Jo is full of bops and memorable songs like Moist and Warmth 😌

It used to be my LEAST played Jan album. I literally never listened to it until like last year.

I’ve been obsessed ever since.

Strawberry Bounce is GODLY. I wonder if she can still do the SNL choreo :giraffe: it’s one of the most intricate pieces she’s ever done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allforyou said:

Save the acclaim to the electropop SERVE that is Godcipline :gaynetcat2: Not only was the Queen ahead of the curve by doing electropop she also released timeless classics like these ones

Discipline has higher highs and also lower lows than 20 Y.O. :deadbanana: I appreciate 20 Y.O.'s consistency :alexz2:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HereInMyHead said:

I always bust out laughing when she starts going eeeeeee on Love 2 Love, one of her worst vocal moments ever :deadbanana2: The other thing I dislike about 20 Y.O. is that it's the worst she's ever sounded (except on tracks like Enjoy and Daybreak where she actually sounds great).

7 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

Bathroom Break interlude and Missy's rap about peen alone make Dislocated worse than 20 Calories.

By giving us a Bathroom Break Interlude Janet made the album a dynamic body of work that literally moves you :clap3:

3 hours ago, Quicksand said:

Discipline has higher highs and also lower lows than 20 Y.O. :deadbanana: I appreciate 20 Y.O.'s consistency :alexz2:

There's no lower low than Love 2 Love and I stand by that :gaynetcat2:

Also I have to agree, 40 Y.O.'s consistency in being trash is worth noticing :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, allforyou said:

The other thing I dislike about 20 Y.O. is that it's the worst she's ever sounded (except on tracks like Enjoy and Daybreak where she actually sounds great).

Am I the only one that liked the change in her voice on 20 Y.O.? Not defending the album, but there's been a warmth and a bit of richness to her voice that's very intriguing on her later albums and it started with 20 Y.O.

Edited by Pop Life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pop Life said:

Am I the only one that liked the change in her voice on 20 Y.O.? Not defending the album, but there's been a warmth and a bit of richness to her voice that's very intriguing on her later albums and it started with 20 Y.O.

I prefer her pre-2006 voice but she's maintained her voice well overall and the Unbreakable album had some excellent vocals (Well Traveled especially :smitten:).

Her voice on 20 sound too nasal at times which is the most distracting thing for me on many songs. Maybe JD or someone who didn't work on her prior albums asked her to sing differently or use different technique? Her voice naturally has gotten deeper over the years but the shift from Damita Ho to 20 H.O. is surprising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

I prefer her pre-2006 voice but she's maintained her voice well overall and the Unbreakable album had some excellent vocals (Well Traveled especially :smitten:).

Her voice on 20 sound too nasal at times which is the most distracting thing for me on many songs. Maybe JD or someone who didn't work on her prior albums asked her to sing differently or use different technique? Her voice naturally has gotten deeper over the years but the shift from Damita Ho to 20 H.O. is surprising.

I like the deeper voice and enjoy her vocals on songs like Roll Witchu, With U, Enjoy, Take Care, 2Nite, Can't B Good, Make Me, The Great Forever, Night, Well Traveled, and Promise Of You. I listen to these songs more than her classics. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.