Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

Disicpline album 2LP black vinyl available for pre-order from Janet's online shop.

https://store.janetjackson.com/products/janetmusic13

The fact that it ships on July 3rd, 2023 which is only a few days away makes me believe these are dead overstock from its initial 2008 pressing...and Janet is clearing out her warehouse after finding a box full of Discipline vinyl :eli:.

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

The original 1992 single remixes EP of The Best Things In Life Are Free is now available to stream on Spotify! Hopefully the 1995 re-release version also gets uploaded in the future.

4 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Disicpline album 2LP black vinyl available for pre-order from Janet's online shop.

https://store.janetjackson.com/products/janetmusic13

The fact that it ships on July 3rd, 2023 which is only a few days away makes me believe these are dead overstock from its initial 2008 pressing...and Janet is clearing out her warehouse after finding a box full of Discipline viny:eli:.

well, lets hope she finds one box of 20 yo vinyl as well :coffee2:

20 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

The original 1992 single remixes EP of The Best Things In Life Are Free is now available to stream on Spotify! Hopefully the 1995 re-release version also gets uploaded in the future.

Wow FINALLY after a hundred years.

This could've easily been one of Janet's most streamed songs if the album version, single remix and 1995 version were all on Spotify 10 years ago. Simply crazy how neglected her catalog has been until recently. :gaycat6:

I hope they re-press Damita Ho on white vinyl next year for it's 20th anniversary. No one needs Disoriented or 40 Y.O. :gaynetcat4:

In a perfect world they reissue Damita with a bunch of unreleased material but considering the low effort the janet. 30th anniversary release is getting... the probability of that is probably zero.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

This CLASSIC.

:jonny:

I hate this song initially, but got obsessed with it after her Metamorphosis performance. She is still great and has taste as always.

I'm very late but I finally, finally got into Damita Jo and wow...title track, Strawberry Bounce, Spending Time With You, Island Life, Like You Don't Love Me, Thinking Bout My Ex, Moist and more...no one serves quality and quantity on an album like her:jonny5:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NOW said:

I'm very late but I finally, finally got into Damita Jo and wow...title track, Strawberry Bounce, Spending Time With You, Island Life, Like You Don't Love Me, Thinking Bout My Ex, Moist and more...no one serves quality and quantity on an album like her:jonny5:

The perfect summer album :gaynetcat4: The only way it could have been even more perfect is if Could This Be Love had been on there

9 hours ago, allforyou said:

The perfect summer album :gaynetcat4: The only way it could have been even more perfect is if Could This Be Love had been on there

I just listened and it’s got a pretty groove! Let’s pray she finally throws it up on streaming next year for the 20th anniversary :gaynetcat2:

9 hours ago, allforyou said:

26 minutes ago, NOW said:

I just listened and it’s got a pretty groove! Let’s pray she finally throws it up on streaming next year for the 20th anniversary :gaynetcat2:

Put Your Hands On also should've been on all international versions :gaynetcat4:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Put Your Hands On also should've been on all international versions :gaynetcat4:

With little to no tweaks, this would kind of work in a post-FN world, sounds like radio candy.

• ATRL Moderator

To me, Damita Jo has some filler but the good songs on it are like the best songs to ever exist.  

like I still can’t believe don’t stop and island life are REAL 

• Like 2

Btw I can't believe it took me until this year to find out she had not one but TWO of the best songs ever on one album.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, madonnas said:

To me, Damita Jo has some filler but the good songs on it are like the best songs to ever exist.  

like I still can’t believe don’t stop and island life are REAL 

It’s a VERY gay and fun/sexy album. Probably her most purely carefree moment.

• Like 1

Janet already played a new record on her tour on few dates called "Keep Dancing" but cut it off so we of course don't hear the whole song and said we not ready yet for it to drop teasing us so she will release a record soon.

• Like 1

Why is Sexhibition so underrated?

I get that it's short but it's so instant. Simply a banger from start to finish with flawless vocal production. Her vocals in general are fantastic... the bridge especially is just soooo good. 

Damita Ho is very misunderstood. The album flows perfectly despite it's length and various styles (not to mention the drama surrounding it's completion and release). If it had a proper hit single the album would definitely be one of her most popular projects today.

The album is stuffed with masterpieces like Sexhibition, SloLove, Island Legend, All Nite (At Church), R&B Jesus, Spending Time With Allah...

Put Your Hands On My Grammy wasn't even on the album and it's single worthy. 

tumblr_mfx8s6RgB21qk6zdio1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

Why is Sexhibition so underrated?

I get that it's short but it's so instant. Simply a banger from start to finish with flawless vocal production. Her vocals in general are fantastic... the bridge especially is just soooo good. 

Damita Ho is very misunderstood. The album flows perfectly despite it's length and various styles (not to mention the drama surrounding it's completion and release). If it had a proper hit single the album would definitely be one of her most popular projects today.

The album is stuffed with masterpieces like Sexhibition, SloLove, Island Legend, All Nite (At Church), R&B Jesus, Spending Time With Allah...

Put Your Hands On My Grammy wasn't even on the album and it's single worthy. 

tumblr_mfx8s6RgB21qk6zdio1_400.gif

I believe she had three hit songs locked with DJ. JALW is an instant hit, IWY and All nite are both bops and very much what was popular back then. I very much think All nite would be one of her most successful songs to date if that fiasco didn’t happen.

Damita Jo is full of bops and memorable songs like Moist and Warmth 😌

34 minutes ago, TheGreatestX said:

They added the border for deluxe

592x592bb.webp

1SqV.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.