Whitney's Sleep Xmas Best-Seller

LesFleur

"Do You Hear What I Hear?"

recorded for the 1987 A Very Special Christmas, produced by Jimmy Iovine for A&M Records

#1 Gospel Digital Songs Sales for 39 weeks! ("I Look to You" was #1 for 6 weeks)

#1 Gospel Streaming Songs for 15 weeks!

Appeared on every Gospel Digital Songs YEAR-END chart from 2013-21

Spotify: 22M

YouTube: 9.4M

31.4M streams = 209,333 units (WW)

To estimate its digital sales, I'll use a quote from Billboard in 2015

Spoiler

'Lastly, a surprise live performance of Michelle Williams’ “Say Yes” — with her fellow Destiny’s Child members Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland — spurs a 233 percent sales gain for the song. The trio reunited to perform the track at the Stellar Awards (which aired April 5 on TV One but was taped March 28). It was the group’s first performance together since the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show. “Say Yes” rises 10-2 on Gospel Digital Songs (see Billboard.com) with 3,000 sold.'

If 3,000 sold in 1 week was enough for #2 on the same chart, let's assume 3,500 for #1.

3,500 x 39 weeks at #1 = 136,500 units (US)

Her voice was really made for gospel music.

I never even paid attention to it's stats tbh- to answer your question from the Whitney thread yes I do think it will go gold eventually especially with the aid of the Pentatonix remake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.