Thank U, Next (s) certified Platinum in South Korea for selling 2,5M (pure)

ariananext

The song was certified Platinum for reaching 100,000,000 streams last year, now it went Platinum in pure sales as well for selling 2,5 millions :jonny6: it's one of the three female western songs to achieve the digital Platinum status since 2018, after Bad Guy and 2002. 

This is her third song to sell 2,5M copies in South Korea after Problem and Santa Tell Me.

Edited by ariananext

• ATRL Moderator

Queen :jonny:

She needs to visit on her next tour

Koreans love her too bad she hates their overdramatic asses :deadbanana4:

Princess of Asia

23 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Koreans love her too bad she hates their overdramatic asses :deadbanana4:

lbr she doesn't even know she's big there 

How do you get Diamond there? :deadbanana4: 2.5M is a lot for just to be Platinum.

22 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Wait :deadbanana4: are we sure these are just pure sales?:lakitu:

Yes, they have a certification for sales and one for streams, she got Platinum in streams (100M) last year and Platinum in sales now! She's the biggest western female in South Korea for a reason :jonny6: 

http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section/certification/list.gaon?serviceGbn=S1020

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

How do you get Diamond there? :deadbanana4: 2.5M is a lot for just to be Platinum.

10M, check link above :gaycat6:

This is still impressive and not easy but songs are really cheap there compared to a song purchased from iTunes in the US or Europe, i'm talking less than 30 cents for a song and streaming services give you 30 free songs to download every month when you purchase a subscription/pass. 

the music industry :clap3:

23 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Yes, they have a certification for sales and one for streams, she got Platinum in streams (100M) last year and Platinum in sales now! She's the biggest western female in South Korea for a reason :jonny6: 

http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section/certification/list.gaon?serviceGbn=S1020

10M, check link above :gaycat6:

The song sold over 3M pure sales just counting the US and SK :deadbanana4: it’s probably above 4M pure sales WW, that’s massive for a song releases in late 2018 :clap3:

56 minutes ago, Taylena said:

This is still impressive and not easy but songs are really cheap there compared to a song purchased from iTunes in the US or Europe, i'm talking less than 30 cents for a song and streaming services give you 30 free songs to download every month when you purchase a subscription/pass. 

That's weird tho, why can no other western artist do it? 

Asia queen. :clap3:

On 4/9/2022 at 2:56 AM, ariananext said:

That's weird tho, why can no other western artist do it? 

People stream more than they actually buy, its not a problem of cheap music. People just don't see the benefit of buying when they have subscription models, if your song sells 2.5M pure there, it means a significant SIGNIFICANT amount of the population actually listen to your music enough to warrant cashing up even a few cents to buy your music. Ariana's THEE western pop artist for every K-pop idol and its honestly undeniable.

59 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

People stream more than they actually buy, its not a problem of cheap music. People just don't see the benefit of buying when they have subscription models, if your song sells 2.5M pure there, it means a significant SIGNIFICANT amount of the population actually listen to your music enough to warrant cashing up even a few cents to buy your music. Ariana's THEE western pop artist for every K-pop idol and its honestly undeniable.

Yeah I don't know what that user was trying to do, I thought it was a genuine take then I saw a hate comment about Ariana a couple hours later and I realized. Couldn't been any other way with that username though! Ariana is the most successful western female artist in SK and they will deal :mandown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.