• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

10 hours ago, I54X said:

24 years of Christina Aguilera. We are getting old and rusty y'all. 

:bibliahh:

13 hours ago, ReH2o said:

For 25th anniversary edition along with new vault tracks and bsides :-*

Let’s hope so! Certifying the diamond album will be a great exposure promotion for new album

Even though Xtina didn't have a writing credit for it, the fact that "Loyal, Brave, True" was shortlisted for an Oscar shows that there's potential for her to win one. 

"Bound to You" was robbed of that Golden Globe but Diane Warren had won that category thrice before so it's not surprising that she took that win.

34 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Even though Xtina didn't have a writing credit for it, the fact that "Loyal, Brave, True" was shortlisted for an Oscar shows that there's potential for her to win one. 

"Bound to You" was robbed of that Golden Globe but Diane Warren had won that category thrice before so it's not surprising that she took that win.

That does not prove anything though. And everyone has a chance to win a Oscar. 

10 hours ago, La Reina said:

Bound to You" was robbed of that Golden Globe but Diane Warren had won that category thrice before so it's not surprising that she took that win.

The fact Christina didn’t win that or got a Grammy nomination for You Lost me is a crime. She needed a win so badly in that time period. 

3 hours ago, Power love said:

The fact Christina didn’t win that or got a Grammy nomination for You Lost me is a crime. She needed a win so badly in that time period. 

The Recording Academy paying Bionic and Lotus complete dust... but "Say Something" and the Liberation noms showed that they still like her

I do wish she submitted live versions, acoustic versions, or re-recorded versions

1 minute ago, La Reina said:

wish she submitted live versions, acoustic versions, or re-recorded versions

She would have to actually do it first. I would love some kind of back yard special like what Miley did! But all we are getting next era is a magazine cover & one performance. 

21 minutes ago, Power love said:

She would have to actually do it first. I would love some kind of back yard special like what Miley did! But all we are getting next era is a magazine cover & one performance. 

Same. It's honestly wild that she doesn't have a live album or even live performance videos on her channel from her iconic performances, her tours, or even just a simple backyard session. All of these uploads would boost her profile tremendously and remind people of her greatest moments.

There really is so much untapped potential with her that she could've served, especially when everyone was at home during lockdown. It's still not too late to upload all that content, some of which would be eligible for nominations.

1 minute ago, La Reina said:

There really is so much untapped potential with her that she could've served

From day one. So many missed opportunities 

2 minutes ago, La Reina said:

especially when everyone was at home during lockdown

I remember her hinting some Album in the vault. I thought it was going to be unreleased songs for fans during the lockdowns but nothing came still:deadbanana2:

It’s literally going on 5 years since her last English release.  Soon 6…. 

I really think her debut is finally eligible for a diamond certification. RCA needs to update it.

24 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Come on Over starting to go viral on TikTok

Screenshot-20230828-144613.png

Rightfully so :clap3: An absolute classic and hopefully this draws a spark in streams so the label can finally update the album's certs

Blackhairtina for her next english album please

blacktina-xtina.gif

JustLikeHoney
12 hours ago, allforyou said:

I really think her debut is finally eligible for a diamond certification. RCA needs to update it.

Rightfully so :clap3: An absolute classic and hopefully this draws a spark in streams so the label can finally update the album's certs

It already has increased. It will probably end up in her top ten on Spotify. 

Does the "Radio Edit"  count towards her album?  That's the version that always gets the most streams. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

8 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

It already has increased. It will probably end up in her top ten on Spotify. 

Gosh i hope so because I’m exhausted seeing all them features in her top 5. I’m hoping this helps the debut streams.

On 8/29/2023 at 3:36 AM, JustLikeHoney said:

Does the "Radio Edit"  count towards her album?  That's the version that always gets the most streams. 

Yes, both are included on Spotify for Christina Aguilera (Expanded Edition).

Speaking of which, "What a Girl Wants" and "Come On Over (Baby)" are nearing 100M streams there. The only Debutina single lagging behind is "I Turn to You"

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, La Reina said:

The only Debutina single lagging behind is "I Turn to You"

How behind is it? So Emotional deserved the single treatment is it doing decent on streams compared to I turn to you?

On 8/28/2023 at 2:00 PM, JustLikeHoney said:

Come on Over starting to go viral on TikTok

Screenshot-20230828-144613.png

What a bop! Let me stream :ihype:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Power love said:

How behind is it? So Emotional deserved the single treatment is it doing decent on streams compared to I turn to you?

I don't know the daily numbers for it but "I Turn To You" is at 54.3m streams on Spotify, far behind WAGW and COOB.

And yes, "So Emotional" should've been the fifth single. I wonder why it was scrapped. It's at 4m streams on Spotify, making it the most streamed album track/non-single on Christina Aguilera.

Edited by La Reina

2 hours ago, La Reina said:

And yes, "So Emotional" should've been the fifth single. I wonder why it was scrapped. It's at 4m streams on Spotify, making it the most streamed album track/non-single on Christina Aguilera.

not to mention a spanish version was recorded and they only did that for the albums' singles so idk what happened there

4 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

not to mention a spanish version was recorded and they only did that for the albums' singles so idk what happened there

A missed hit. She has plenty of those along with chart peaks that could've been way higher.

4 hours ago, La Reina said:

Edited 4 hours ago by La Reina

I have said this one million times but Ron fair & the rest of her team is the worst management EVER! 

So many missed opportunities or dumb decisions.

There was also Stripped songs recorded in Spanish which leads me to believe a second Spanish album was planned for 2003 or 2004. 

2 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

We can only assume that maybe because she extended the debut tour, just release of Spanish album and had a collaboration with Ricky Martin, all in the same timeframe. Perhaps her team said let’s just move on 4 hits is enough. 

She would have needed to film a video & promote So emotional maybe it was just too much. 

This is all speculation, but I do think it was a really dumb idea to not release it, even if it was just the bare minimum With promotion. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.