Christina Aguilera

Inception

9 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

The Make the World Move one? Gosh I wish I could erase that picture off of my brain.

But it gave us this iconic moment

spacer.png

The way I can hear this gif

• Haha 4

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

3 hours ago, allforyou said:

But it gave us this iconic moment

spacer.png

The way I can hear this gif

The way she got us to watch The Voice religiously for years just for her to come back with this. That *****! 

22 hours ago, loudliyah said:

Understand should've been a single 

I’m literally listening to UnderSTAN :jonny6: rn.

Also Slow Down Baby could have amazing and sexy music video. But whatever.

Edited by Anye
  • Like 1

To this day I really don't understand why Back to Basics only got three official singles, but out of all the tracks on the album I feel like Understand, Slow Down Baby and Oh Mother were the only ones left that had hit potential.

Europe ate up Hurt so I don't know why they didn't fully push Oh Mother here.

Understand or Slow Down Baby could’ve been a cute top 40 hit in the USA that would've gotten the album a few more months of longevity.

8 hours ago, Anye said:

Also Slow Down Baby could have amazing and sexy music video.

ab67616d0000b273b99d3433cacec16a13db9e65

In this killer sexy lewk telling a man or two to back the **** up like...

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif

:flame::jonny5::flame:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allforyou said:

To this day I really don't understand why Back to Basics only got three official singles, but out of all the tracks on the album I feel like Understand, Slow Down Baby and Oh Mother were the only ones left that had hit potential.

Understand or Slow Down Baby could’ve been a cute top 40 hit in the USA that would've gotten the album a few more months of longevity.

Still Dirrty says Hi :gaycatina1:

8 hours ago, allforyou said:

Because she got pregnant. She was on her Australia/New Zealand leg of the tour and she cut it short. The last few dates were already sold out. I remember she cancelled them because of her pregnancy so she never made it to newZealand. I remember and Arab fan flew to New Zealand to see her but she cancelled. Like I said the last few shows were completely sold out but I guess she couldn't continue the tour. Essentially her pregnancy killed the era and we only got 3 official singles. Understand would have been a great 4th single, that or Slow Down Baby. 

11 hours ago, allforyou said:

Ikr!!

The album was so expensive to produce, why not milking every song in it?

She got pregnant while on tour, she had no time to shooting and promoting the next singles, oh well. Life of Xtina’s fans.

3 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

Because she got pregnant. She was on her Australia/New Zealand leg of the tour and she cut it short. The last few dates were already sold out. I remember she cancelled them because of her pregnancy so she never made it to newZealand. I remember and Arab fan flew to New Zealand to see her but she cancelled. Like I said the last few shows were completely sold out but I guess she couldn't continue the tour. Essentially her pregnancy killed the era and we only got 3 official singles. Understand would have been a great 4th single, that or Slow Down Baby. 

Oh wow I didn't know any of this tea. Legit news to me. Slown Down Baby and Oh Mother would've been great singles!

While I know alot of people praise Yoohoo on Bionic I feel like they easily messed up the opportunity to have a bigger era by not releasing Monday Morning, Desnudate featuring Shakira even Elastic Love or Bionic with a solid video and live performances for promo would've done something 

Still can't believe she pays Latin America dust when she has new Spanish content. But I'm glad she's going to Denmark and Turkey.

I think Understand should've been the 2nd single in the USA and Hurt for WW audiences. Candyman was a cute single, followed by Slow Down Baby and Oh Mother. 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, Anye said:

She got pregnant while on tour, she had no time to shooting and promoting the next singles, oh well. Life of Xtina’s fans.

She could have easily film a video for Understand or Oh mother Simple songs that didn’t need demand dancing while pregnant. Brandy, Britney, Bey & Katy to name a few film music videos expecting. It’s strange how RCA not only let her jump ship but took years to release a follow up after cutting an era so short. 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:50 PM, SchmoodRing said:

not releasing Monday Morning, Desnudate featuring Shakira even Elastic Love or Bionic with a solid video and live performances for promo

Bionic literally charted on his own without any promotion. RCA did nothing with it same with Woohoo that also charted on its own. She continued pushing Not Myself tonight for months even though it bomb & promoted You Lost me before it was even available for purchase (strange). She went on American idol (huge platform) to sing a song that wasn’t even available on iTunes :deadbanana2:

8 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

Still can't believe she pays Latin America dust when she has new Spanish content.

:deadbanana2:

12 hours ago, ReH2o said:

GP love a skinny legend :gaycat1:

Xtina has been in her fashion bag lately. I remember how iconic and fashion forward she was during Stripped and Back to Basics. We need more of it, and the general public is here for it!

11 hours ago, Power love said:

Bionic literally charted on his own without any promotion. RCA did nothing with it same with Woohoo that also charted on its own. She continued pushing Not Myself tonight for months even though it bomb & promoted You Lost me before it was even available for purchase (strange). She went on American idol (huge platform) to sing a song that wasn’t even available on iTunes :deadbanana2:

I remember that. She should have performed not myself tonight on idol to give it a push and then you lost me on Oprah instead of not myself tonight 

On 7/29/2023 at 1:09 PM, allforyou said:

I think, also, "Back in the Day" would have made a great single. It just flows so well, I think it could have been a strong hit with the right promotion. She had so many potential singles on that album; that album campaign could have been a lot stronger, going on for a little longer.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:02 AM, unbothered said:

I think Understand should've been the 2nd single in the USA and Hurt for WW audiences.

Hurt could've fared better in the US if it hadn't been for the radio ban midway through its chart-run. I figure it could've peaked within the top 15, close to the top 10 of the BB Hot 100.

Candyman would've also benefited from a better play listing on the radio. That could've easily turned into a top 20 for her in the US. 

I think I would've released Understand as the final single off of Back to Basics. Candyman impacted around March 2007 so I would've released Slow Down Baby for the summer around May (more upbeat and funky) and then Understand in September for the fall. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:09 PM, allforyou said:

She went on tour and then she got pregnant. I'm sure there were other singles planned, but she had to cut the era short.

Besides the ones you mentioned, I think Makes Me Wanna Pray had single potential. And even Still Dirrty had some potential.

2 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

She went on tour and then she got pregnant. I'm sure there were other singles planned, but she had to cut the era short.

Besides the ones you mentioned, I think Makes Me Wanna Pray had single potential. And even Still Dirrty had some potential.

As much as I ADORE Makes Me Wanna Pray I find it very niche. Can't close my eyes and picture it playing on top 40 radio, tbh. :doc:

But you're right, the whole era was cut short and what turned out to be Bionic in 2010 was pushed back because of her pregnancy. She teased works on a new album as early as 2007 so if everything had gone according to plan (aka no pregnancy), perhaps A Decade of Hits wouldn't have existed and a new album would've released by 2008/2009.

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

As much as I ADORE Makes Me Wanna Pray I find it very niche. Can't close my eyes and picture it playing on top 40 radio, tbh. :doc:

But you're right, the whole era was cut short and what turned out to be Bionic in 2010 was pushed back because of her pregnancy. She teased works on a new album as early as 2007 so if everything had gone according to plan (aka no pregnancy), perhaps A Decade of Hits wouldn't have existed and a new album would've released by 2008/2009.

Bionic was pushed because she decided to do Burlesque. It was supposed to come out in early-mid 2009, shortly after KGB. After doing Burlesque, she decided to retool Bionic and recorded songs like "Not Myself Tonight" and "WooHoo" and removed several songs (most of the work she had done with Ladytron). As a result, the album became more commercial but less artsy and experimental as she had originally intended.

33 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Bionic was pushed because she decided to do Burlesque. It was supposed to come out in early-mid 2009, shortly after KGB. After doing Burlesque, she decided to retool Bionic and recorded songs like "Not Myself Tonight" and "WooHoo" and removed several songs (most of the work she had done with Ladytron). As a result, the album became more commercial but less artsy and experimental as she had originally intended.

I just think that KGB just happened so she could fulfill her contract with RCA because she clearly was in no position to get in studio and drop a new album in 2008/09. By releasing KGB in late 2008 maybe she bought herself some time to enjoy motherhood a bit longer and take her time to work on Bionic without RCA rushing her off. 

Maybe KGB and Dynamite were the result of the early “Bionic” stages. 

B2B singles

1.ANOM

2.Hurt (WW) / Candyman (US) let's be honest Hurt slowed down the era in the US.

3.Hurt (US/ Candyman (WW)

4.SMFM

5.Slow Down Baby

Bye.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.