Christina Aguilera

Inception

1 hour ago, La Reina said:

there definitely should've been a Spanish version of Stripped in 2003 since Mi Reflejo is basically a Spanish version of her debut. I guess they didn't want to cannibalize the sales of Stripped with another release

You know the complete opposite would’ve happened. No logical person would feel that they had to buy one or the other, especially with Stripped coming out in October 2002 & her releasing a Spanish album at the tail end of the Justified & Stripped tour which ended September 2nd 2003. She could have released it Nov of that same year one year after then continued the Stripped/Spanish album tour into 2004 like she originally planned until that was canceled.

The Christmas album was also misplaced but now in the streaming era, it boosts her streaming numbers greatly so

RCA had her doing so many weird things. Record pop teen album! Then record it in Spanish! Then

record a random Christmas album! Then record album in Portuguese! I think she was just OVER the teen pop phase which is understandable. I do think maybe a slightly more mature teen pop album to ease the general public into Stripped wouldn’t have hurt. Second Teen album 2000 & first Spanish album 2001 replacing that Christmas album sounds much better!

I also don't understand why she didn't tour Latin America for Stripped when it has Latin songs ("Primer Amor Interlude"/"Infatuation

Same reason why she didn’t touch one Latin country during the Aguilera era in fact she didn’t tour at all :bibliahh:better go to YouTube! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

15 hours ago, Power love said:

Same reason why she didn’t touch one Latin country during the Aguilera era in fact she didn’t tour at all :bibliahh:better go to YouTube! 

Well she did visit Chile, remember? For the Viña del Mar festival earlier this year. They went so hard for her that she even did 2 dates at the MoviStar Arena in Santiago. I thought that momentum would translate into a cute little Latin American AGUILERA tour for Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina but nope. :rip:

2 minutes ago, La Reina said:

she did visit Chile, remember? For the Viña del Mar festival   earlier this year

That isn’t a tour though. She hasn’t properly toured since B2B & no liberation tour was a disaster.

On 7/22/2023 at 2:55 AM, La Reina said:

Yup, it's on the Target Deluxe edition of Sia's This Is Acting album (2016) which was made up of rejected songs from other artists:

This would be the Xtina track intended for her daughter, Summer Rain.

Oh I didn't know that. :clap3: thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:58 PM, Power love said:

That isn’t a tour though. She hasn’t properly toured since B2B & no liberation tour was a disaster.

The X Tour? I mean she visited several European countries + Mexico. And it was basically the same concept/setlist as the Xperience.

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

The X Tour? I mean she visited several European countries + Mexico. And it was basically the same concept/setlist as the Xperience.

I guess…. :redface:

8 minutes ago, Power love said:

I guess…. :redface:

I think it took her some time to warm up after 10 years without touring. Her concert at the Hollywood Bowl and the Lovers and Friends ones were the best she's sounded in YEAAAAAARS

On 7/23/2023 at 4:58 AM, Power love said:

i think her lazy ass considers that a tour and called it a day. but it's still a huge kiii that she did several dates in the UK for her Spanish album :rip:

o.t. i wonder if we're getting any music this year. a collab would be nice at least. :coffee2:

5 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I think it took her some time to warm up after 10 years without touring. Her concert at the Hollywood Bowl and the Lovers and Friends ones were the best she's sounded in YEAAAAAARS

I agree. The Hollywood bowl was just prime Christina back! Straight fire! 

2 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

i think her lazy ass considers that a tour and called it a day. but it's still a huge kiii that she did several dates in the UK for her Spanish album

I will never forget everyone’s reaction to that :rip:. I thought under ROC Nation management things would get better ugh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

t. i wonder if we're getting any music this year. a collab would be nice at least.

She just doesn’t seem interested in keeping her brand active & alive. It’s almost like her music career is truly a hobby & she feels no need to expand her brand outside everything she’s done in the 00s. You would think she would be tired of Stripped being the only thing she’s remembered for that she would try to top it in a way.

14 minutes ago, Power love said:

She just doesn’t seem interested in keeping her brand active & alive. It’s almost like her music career is truly a hobby & she feels no need to expand her brand outside everything she’s done in the 00s. You would think she would be tired of Stripped being the only thing she’s remembered for that she would try to top it in a way.

her music career has been basically dead for over a decade now. literally, it's been 10 years since she's charted. she obviously doesn't give a ****. but i bet it still stung that Aguilera didn't even chart on the BB200, maybe not for her but her label. :toofunny3:

anyway, i think she needs a cute decent-sized hit for her to be able to do the Superbowl solo. unless she wants to do Moves Like Jagger and Feel This Moment. which she does and will do :rip:

Edited by popmusicisdead

6 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

anyway, i think she needs a cute decent-sized hit for her to be able to do the Superbowl solo. unless she wants to do Moves Like Jagger and Feel This Moment. which she does and will do

Lbr the chances of X headlining the Super Bowl are slimmer than Baby Xtina in 99 aka the original skinny legend.

She can definitely deliver, no doubt. She also has the catalog to pull off a 15 min show packed with hits of her own. But she just doesn't have the appeal (to the GP) to hold it on her own. 

I mean a Super Bowl setlist for her wouldn't be much different to what she's been doing on her tours anyway.

• Genie in a Bottle
  • What a Girl Wants
  • Lady Marmalade 
  • Dirrty
  • Beautiful
  • Fighter
  • Can't Hold Us Down
  • Ain't No Other Man
  • Candyman

I feel it would be a nice touch if she could add a Burlesque track as well. Either Express or Show Me How You Burlesque. It feels like the soccer moms and gays alike would all appreciate it. They're always saying how much they enjoyed the movie and Xtina in it. 

Now considering Madonna, Gaga and Katy performed between 6 and 8 songs during their sets, I think one very realistic one for X could be:

• Dirrty
  • Can't Hold Us Down 
  • Genie in a Bottle
  • Ain't No Other Man
  • Lady Marmalade
  • Beautiful
  • Fighter

ANOM could be a potential opener as well. She'd definitely finish with either Beautiful or Fighter, as usual. 

1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

her music career has been basically dead for over a decade now.

But that’s her own fault. Burlesque soundtrack, Your Body, Just a fool, Nashville songs, telepathy, Maria & Santo all had potential to grow but she paid them dust. 

1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

it still stung that Aguilera didn't even chart on the BB200, maybe not for her but her label

Zero physicals available on release day. Release day rushed just to fit the Grammys deadline. Terrible promotion on social media accounts. Scattered singles?!? No performances! Playlisting! 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I mean a Super Bowl setlist for her wouldn't be much different to what she's been doing on her tours anyway.

• Genie in a Bottle
  • What a Girl Wants
  • Lady Marmalade 
  • Dirrty
  • Beautiful
  • Fighter
  • Can't Hold Us Down
  • Ain't No Other Man
  • Candyman

I feel it would be a nice touch if she could add a Burlesque track as well. Either Express or Show Me How You Burlesque. It feels like the soccer moms and gays alike would all appreciate it. They're always saying how much they enjoyed the movie and Xtina in it. 

Can’t Hold us down should be replaced with Come on over baby or Candyman. She won’t be able to do it unless she scores some mid hit! Another Say Something. Her catalog is simply too small or unknown to most of the current GP from the lack of touring & promoting newer eras. 

Burlesque is probably her only known album in recent time.

Such a shame they didn’t utilize Burlesque more during the time. Great management would have push an official single & had her tour with a Burlesque theme tour to erase the Bionic culture.

7 minutes ago, Power love said:

Can’t Hold us down should be replaced with Come on over baby or Candyman. She won’t be able to do it unless she scores some mid hit! Another Say Something. Her catalog is simply too small or unknown to most of the current GP from the lack of touring & promoting newer eras. 

Such a shame they didn’t utilize Burlesque more during the time. Great management would have push an official single & had her tour with a Burlesque theme tour to erase the Bionic culture.

But artists usually perform an average of 5-7 hits and X definitely fits the bill without even considering her collabs. Hell, even Madonna only sang 5 of her hits and one brand new song at that time. Though I agree with you that she's not doing it because sadly her name alone doesn't hold that much power to be a headliner on SB. Realistically, we would need another JLo/Shakira moment for that to happen.

Christina has more than enough hits to do a Superbowl Halftime Show. She could invite Mya, Missy, and Lil Kim to have a Lady Marmalade reunion (I'm excluding P!nk for obvious reasons) and everyone would stan and it would definitely go viral:

"Genie in a Bottle"

"Lady Marmalade" (ft. Lil Kim, Mya, and Missy)

"Dirrty"

"Fighter"

"Can't Hold Us Down" (ft. Lil Kim)

"Ain't No Other Man"

"Candyman"

"Feel This Moment"

"Beautiful" (to close out the show)

The award that she probably won't get until she makes a comeback of sorts is the Vanguard Award (which is way overdue for her to get regardless considering some of the choices they've made in recent years) but they usually give that to artists during their comeback eras or when they have a big hit/album campaign going on.

It's weird though because I remember that MTV teased that Xtina would be next to get it, pre-Liberation era. It's not as prestigious as it used to be anyway so... :michael:

Edited by La Reina

54 minutes ago, Power love said:

RCA didn't seem to have high expectations for the Burlesque soundtrack after it debuted at #18 with 63k sales in the U.S. which was far less than Bionic's 111k (#3) but the joke was on them because Burlesque ended up lasting for 53 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart, making it Xtina's third album to chart for over a year. Bionic wishes.

It's criminal how "Bound to You" didn't get single treatment when it's getting more daily streams than some pop girls' #1 singles from that time. Such a mismanaged era.

Xtina needs a new/different social media team. She literally always misses the train on this:

Candyman has some amazing tiktok videos, and she's never acknowledged them.

Pa Mis Muchachas had some great dance videos, and again she paid them all dust.

Burlesque Riff Challenge ignored by X.

Every Halloween, so many celebrities and up and coming stars dress up as Xtina and she never pays them attention.

16 minutes ago, PopNStuff said:

Xtina needs a new/different social media team. She literally always misses the train on this:

Candyman has some amazing tiktok videos, and she's never acknowledged them.

Pa Mis Muchachas had some great dance videos, and again she paid them all dust.

Burlesque Riff Challenge ignored by X.

Every Halloween, so many celebrities and up and coming stars dress up as Xtina and she never pays them attention.

All of this is tragic.

There seem to be a disproportionate disconnect between, Xtina, Stan’s/fans & Christina’s team. 

I don’t know if it’s Christina not caring or her team! But her legacy would be 10 times brighter than it is. 

Another extremely miss opportunity was the (Stripped anniversary). She could have done a four night intimate theater tour in LA for appreciation & if she insisted on filming a music video why for a song that already had one? Why not interact with fans? Have them vote between random songs on Stripped that didn’t have a video? Film that be in the actual video girl. :redface:… don’t get me started on the debut era anniversary .

Mind blowing… throw the whole team away

13 hours ago, La Reina said:

the joke was on them because Burlesque ended up lasting for 53 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart, making it Xtina's third album to chart for over a year

I was gagged that Burlesque outlasted Back to Basics on the Billboard 200. :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I was gagged that Burlesque outlasted Back to Basics on the Billboard 200. :deadbanana2:

"Slow Down Baby" and "Oh Mother" would've kept it charting. No idea why they made those Australia and European singles only. 3 WW singles were not enough.

43 minutes ago, La Reina said:

"Slow Down Baby" and "Oh Mother" would've kept it charting. No idea why they made those Australia and European singles only. 3 WW singles were not enough.

Perhaps it had something to do with her being pregnant and rushing off to the finish the era as soon as she could? 

2 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Perhaps it had something to do with her being pregnant and rushing off to the finish the era as soon as she could? 

I guess so but they could've filmed music videos before she really started showing. Pre-streaming era, a single without a music video limited its success big time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.