Christina Aguilera

Inception

On 7/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, Power love said:

She looks amazing girl strike while the iron is hot.

Remember when she looked fab post Lotus only to release Say Something and then get pregnant with Summer? :rip:

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

2 hours ago, La Reina said:

As it should. Burlesque type music is what most people want from Xtina, not Bionic/Lotus type music. I appreciate Bionic for what it is and I'm glad it has become a cult classic album amongst pop listeners but the soul and R&B from Stripped and Back to Basics is her lane. Own it, Xtina.

Bionic is a great camp pop album for the gays, but it was too edgy for the GP. She alienated her fanbase in the process too, which would've been fine if the album (or even Lotus) had succeeded to replace those old fans.

I think one of the most interesting things about being a fan/following Xtina's career is that we never know what's coming next. Like, the previous record has never been an indicator of what her next album is going to sound like. If anything they're always completely different from each other. 

Though I agree that she does seem to be at her very best when she's making some R&B or soulful music. She is just (vocally) too good for pop music. I still want my rock influenced album though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I still want my rock influenced album though.

I honesty thought she was going to go in the country pop route during the time Nashville was on with the songs released. That would’ve been interesting! 

I can’t see her doing a rock infusion album for some reason.

1 hour ago, Power love said:

I honesty thought she was going to go in the country pop route during the time Nashville was on with the songs released. That would’ve been interesting! 

I can’t see her doing a rock infusion album for some reason.

I honestly thought she would do it. I know Matt is a rocker and remember when she was doing her Billionaire Tour and covered Led Zeppelin with Whole Lotta Love? Bet my 2 cents that was Matt’s influence because X doesn’t seem to be the kind of girl who listens to Led Zeppelin (we know she grew up with soul  instead). I legitimately thought she would come back with a rock album. Well, at least I got Sick of Sittin. 

2 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

Delete that! Don't let them see that. Ahaahahha

Now we know what good sis DMF has been up to recently. 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Now we know what good sis DMF has been up to recently. 

What happened to the good sis? Is he blocked?

15 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

What happened to the good sis? Is he blocked?

Maybe they got permabanned and are not allowed to create a new account either? 

tumblr_mdgdt8fFoK1ruemaf.gif?quality=100

16 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

The way this article actually SPILLED but they'll never swallow their pride and admit this because to them "winning" is measured in tabloid "relevance" and numbers instead of peace and health aka the things that actually matter in life. That's how you know that the overall mental development of the average user on here is very stunted. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, orange22 said:

Are we done with the Spanish yet? 

Creo que si, muchacha. Funny how the Cuando Me De La Gana video has now entered the hall of Aguilerean myths. It'll never see the light of day. 

2 hours ago, ReH2o said:

Justice for this bop :heart2:

My favorite thing about KGB were the visuals, tbh. The song is cute but I expected way more especially considering it was a Linda Perry collab. 

Now the visuals, miss ma'am... this was quite possibly my favorite red carpet lewk she's served.

christina-aguilera-2008-mtv-vmas-06.jpg

• Like 1

On this date some 17 years ago Legend arrived in Paris to promote Back to Basicsus. She did a little private concert at a club and I believe she sang Slow Down Baby for the first time as well.

23.jpg

Found it. :alexz:

The body. 

The hair.

The vocals. :clap3:

3 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Monday Morning and Bionic on repeat lately 

spacer.png

The lead single that got away.

IMG_8044.thumb.gif.77e33f23fff174a111db2

3 minutes ago, orange22 said:

The way the deluxe tracks serve more than half the ones that made the final cut. 

2GZr.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

On this date some 17 years ago Legend arrived in Paris to promote Back to Basicsus. She did a little private concert at a club and I believe she sang Slow Down Baby for the first time as well.

23.jpg

The perfect popstar, her style in B2B era is still unmatched today.

• Like 1

Just now, Xtripped said:

The perfect popstar, her style in B2B era is still unmatched today.

True. This Era is the Era I hold closest to my heart. She literally had everything any girl her age could wish for: she had commercial success, being praised to the high heavens by critics and fellow musicians as well. She also got the validation from her childhood idols as well. And as shallow as it may sound, she looked perfect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orange22 said:

Monday Morning on repeat lately 

spacer.png

Such an addictive bop

spacer.png

Monday Morning screams underground electro pop to me. Like M.I.A or La Roux, which were both at their peak around the same time Bionic was released.

One thing I really appreciate about Bionic was the versatility in her voice. You know Christina Aguilera played around with synthesizers and auto tune not because she needs them (come on she’s probably the last person in the world to need any of this gibberish) but because she was committed to the aesthetics that music genre demanded. 

I said ARTISTE.

16 hours ago, ReH2o said:

Justice for this bop :heart2:

Yes! This and Dynamite :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.