Christina Aguilera

Inception

Now the thing with Burlesque is that it wasn’t released under RCA so maybe that’ll need to come from someone else.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

9 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I think she also said on an Ellen interview back in 2007 that she still owns her Dirrty chaps from 2002. 

yes!!! but I really thought she's put everything from her debut in trash bin since I thought she disliked that era.

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Last time Billboard provided us with an update circa 2015 it was well over 800k pure. 

:duca:

The Burlesque theme would’ve been a great concept for a normal era studio album. In fact it would’ve made more sense doing that right after B2B than Bionic. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Power love said:

Is Christina debut album truly eligible for diamond? 

Not yet. It's at around 9.7m. it will get there eventually. 

On 7/12/2023 at 3:27 AM, Beautiful Garbage said:

So Xtina has remembered her twitter password. The way she said NO to Threads.

I love COOB so much :WAP:

2 hours ago, Xtripped said:

She needs to add the singles & maybe one deep cut to her shows. “So Emotional “ perhaps ! 

13 hours ago, Power love said:

Such an iconic career. Let’s keep our fingers cross her team will make boss moves next year. It doesn’t hurt anyone by updating her profile! 

I had no idea Say Something was so close to diamond. Great big world must be making bank just off that song alone.

Yeah it was certified 6x platinum in early 2017. It should be at 8x platinum by now as it'll cross 1 billion streams on Spotify alone this year. We love a GRAMMY-winning classic ballad that Xtina helped the GP fall in love with.

Can't wait to see what's in store for next year! Roc Nation, do ya thang honey:clap3:

9 hours ago, Xtripped said:

9,7M pure? She’s defo eligible if we add streamings to it, I think. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Power love said:

The Burlesque theme would’ve been a great concept for a normal era studio album. In fact it would’ve made more sense doing that right after B2B than Bionic. 

Agreed. The gp seems to love Burlesque as well. I always see comments from people saying she should make more music like that. Funny how it outsold both Bionic and Lotus put together. 

5 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Funny how it outsold both Bionic and Lotus put together.

:rip:

If you take a few songs off Bionic like You Lost me & Lift me up placing it on Burlesque it would’ve made such a strong iconic album.  I still think Bionic should have been 10 songs released early 2009 before filming started. 

25 minutes ago, Power love said:

If you take a few songs off Bionic like You Lost me & Lift me up placing it on Burlesque it would’ve made such a strong iconic album.  I still think Bionic should have been 10 songs released early 2009 before filming started. 

Gwurl I wanna know why in heaven’s name she got rid of all the music she made with Ladytron (apart from BOP) and Goldfrapp. 

Everything from Sex for Breakfast till You Lost Me is 10/10. Legend never lets us down when it comes to ballads. Well, apart from the ones from Lotus. 

6 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

9,7M pure? She’s defo eligible if we add streamings to it, I think. 

Nope. it's at 9.7-9.8 M SPS club sales added

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtripped said:

Nope. it's at 9.7-9.8 M SPS club sales added

Ah thanks for the info. Either way hoping that they can update it by next year or something. They’ve done a good job with certifying her studio albums from Stripped to Lotus. 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

rid of all the music she made with Ladytron (apart from BOP) and Goldfrapp

From the sounds of it sounds like they made a lot of songs together. Strange they got ditched yet songs like prima donna, and Desnudate made the cut. RCA.

Not Myself tonight being added last min was also a big mistake. 

46 minutes ago, Power love said:

From the sounds of it sounds like they made a lot of songs together. Strange they got ditched yet songs like prima donna, and Desnudate made the cut. RCA.

Not Myself tonight being added last min was also a big mistake. 

I was familiar with Ladytron before it leaked online that they were working together. I had such high hopes, I guess this is why Bionic is kinda my least favorite X album just because she barely delivered what I was expecting. 

Yeah, the Claude Kelly and Pollow da Don tracks were… something. 

45 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

Are we getting an English album this Fall?

Definitely not. No rumors whatsoever. I expect X7 to be out either next year or 2025.:ghostface:

2 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

this is why Bionic is kinda my least favorite X album just because she barely delivered what I was expecting. 

Boom! My mouth was to the floor with confusion when (Not Myself tonight ) was released.

I was highly disappointed but thought ok maybe the album will have more experimental tracks. Chile i was wrong again!

The Deluxe being where the tracks she promised is one of the biggest head scratchers EVER! 

2 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

Are we getting an English album this Fall?

Definitely not

either next year or 2025

If she releases in 2025 :deadbanana2: Just waste the hype you’re receiving with performances. She looks amazing girl strike while the iron is hot.

Troye proving the Xtina haters wrong as other many artists have done. It shows that ATRL lives in another reality when they try to downplay xtinas impact in pop. 

"In the last interview Troye Sivan had with Vogue magazine he said Christina Aguilera was one of the great inspirations for his upcoming album Something To Give Each Other"

we need another black hair era 

blacktina-xtina.gif

On 7/15/2023 at 5:19 AM, Beautiful Garbage said:

Agreed. The gp seems to love Burlesque as well. I always see comments from people saying she should make more music like that. Funny how it outsold both Bionic and Lotus put together. 

As it should. Burlesque type music is what most people want from Xtina, not Bionic/Lotus type music. I appreciate Bionic for what it is and I'm glad it has become a cult classic album amongst pop listeners but the soul and R&B from Stripped and Back to Basics is her lane. Own it, Xtina.

Bionic is a great camp pop album for the gays, but it was too edgy for the GP. She alienated her fanbase in the process too, which would've been fine if the album (or even Lotus) had succeeded to replace those old fans.

7 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

Troye proving the Xtina haters wrong as other many artists have done. It shows that ATRL lives in another reality when they try to downplay xtinas impact in pop. 

"In the last interview Troye Sivan had with Vogue magazine he said Christina Aguilera was one of the great inspirations for his upcoming album Something To Give Each Other"

ATRL (and stan Twitter) is far too detached from reality to ever fully give Xtina her props. The fact that she continues to get name-dropped by newer artists as an inspiration shows that she's one of those artists whose impact far transcends sales or hits.

But let me not do too much cause Stripped is still one of the best-selling albums of the 21st century (and will reach 1 billion streams on Spotify soon). :gaycatina1:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

Another day in the life of one of the most impactful pop artists of the 2000s. :clap3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.