Christina Aguilera

Inception

1 minute ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I feel like Prima Donna and Not Myself Tonight were the safest choices

I feel the opposite.

Prima Donna sounded dated on arrival like something from 2006 with the random little John (who was played out) by 2010 on the track & Not Myself tonight just isn’t the quality audiences expected from a Aguilera release with its juvenile lyrics. 

Honesty, Monday Morning or Elastic love would’ve been great first choices. Risky but more in tune with quality & the actual concept of the album. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

4 minutes ago, Power love said:

Honesty, Monday Morning or Elastic love would’ve been great first choices. Risky but more in tune with quality & the actual concept of the album. 

One hundred percent! I'd rather have her flopping with something authentic and worth attaching her name to than flopping either way with a generic mess which was clearly meant to be a radio hit, like NMT itself. 

• Like 3

Emil Larsen
11 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

One hundred percent! I'd rather have her flopping with something authentic and worth attaching her name to than flopping either way with a generic mess which was clearly meant to be a radio hit, like NMT itself. 

She received so many inevitable comparisons with Gaga for NMT video. Bionic era is tragic but at least the music is good.

Emil Larsen
17 minutes ago, Power love said:

I feel the opposite.

Prima Donna sounded dated on arrival like something from 2006 with the random little John (who was played out) by 2010 on the track & Not Myself tonight just isn’t the quality audiences expected from a Aguilera release with its juvenile lyrics. 

haha MM and EL are two songs that I have been OBSESSED with since 8 June 2010.

Just now, Emil Larsen said:

She received so many inevitable comparisons with Gaga for NMT video. Bionic era is tragic but at least the music is good.

Yeah, I was around for that. The expectations for Bionic were so high then when NMT came out and with it all the harsh criticisms and comparisons it made me very uneasy. It just felt like the whole world decided to plot against Legend for absolutely no reason. 

By the way, remember when Bionic was rumored to be titled Light & Darkness and just like Back to Basics it would be a double disc, one with bops and the other with ballads only? 

8 hours ago, Power love said:

Girl WHAT?!? He tried what?!? Why? What’s the tea!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/irving-azoff-group-strikes-deal-with-radio-stations-to-end-legal-battle-over-performance-rights-1235071716/amp/

I barely remember but around the time Candyman was released he sued US stations over royalties, then he sued again in 2016.

27 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/irving-azoff-group-strikes-deal-with-radio-stations-to-end-legal-battle-over-performance-rights-1235071716/amp/

I barely remember but around the time Candyman was released he sued US stations over royalties, then he sued again in 2016.

I remember radios saying that they would only play Candyman late at night because of its suggestive lyrics. As if years later they weren't playing songs that explicitly talked about threesomes on heavy rotation. :rip:

Emil Larsen
5 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, I was around for that. The expectations for Bionic were so high then when NMT came out and with it all the harsh criticisms and comparisons it made me very uneasy. It just felt like the whole world decided to plot against Legend for absolutely no reason. 

By the way, remember when Bionic was rumored to be titled Light & Darkness and just like Back to Basics it would be a double disc, one with bops and the other with ballads only? 

yes it was rumored to be released in November 2009 with that title and two discs.

2 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

yes it was rumored to be released in November 2009 with that title and two discs.

moment-whitney.gif

Emil has been banned? :lakitu:

So Xtina has remembered her twitter password. The way she said NO to Threads.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 3:49 AM, Beautiful Garbage said:

Emil has been banned? :lakitu:

Modneys strike again....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

jk before one of y'all wets yourselves

44 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Modneys strike again....

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

jk before one of y'all wets yourselves

Dunno what happened but they seemed to be nice. Always love chatting with fellow X stans. :doc:

Is Christina debut album truly eligible for diamond? 

17 hours ago, theweekend said:

not she saying she still has those pants :superman:

I think she also said on an Ellen interview back in 2007 that she still owns her Dirrty chaps from 2002. 

6 hours ago, Power love said:

Is Christina debut album truly eligible for diamond? 

It should be. Its pure sales are at around 9,3 million if we include the BMG Music Club sales. There are albums that sold less than CA and are diamond certified based on shipments. :rip:

5 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

There are albums that sold less than CA and are diamond certified based on shipments. 

True :rip:. I’m unsure why her team won’t certified her English and Spanish debut albums already. What’s the hold up! It would be great promotion to kick start her next era!

30 minutes ago, Power love said:

True :rip:. I’m unsure why her team won’t certified her English and Spanish debut albums already. What’s the hold up! It would be great promotion to kick start her next era!

It needs to happen at the right time tbh. Like as part of the 25th anniversary of the album next year or something. It would be an iconic moment.

Mi Reflejo is also eligible for Latin Diamond. And "Say Something" should be Diamond-eligible soon. 2 Diamond albums, 2 Diamond singles. :clap3:

33 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Mi Reflejo is also eligible for Latin Diamond. And "Say Something" should be Diamond-eligible soon. 2 Diamond albums, 2 Diamond singles

:duca:

Such an iconic career. Let’s keep our fingers cross her team will make boss moves next year. It doesn’t hurt anyone by updating her profile! 

I had no idea Say Something was so close to diamond. Great big world must be making bank just off that song alone.

Edited by Power love

1 hour ago, Power love said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see they certified both Bionic and Lotus but paid her debut dust. 

Also, KGB should be platinum certified by now. Same goes to Burlesque OST.

52 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see they certified both Bionic and Lotus but paid her debut dust. 

Also, KGB should be platinum certified by now. Same goes to Burlesque OST.

Oh wow even her flops can be certified. Not everyone has that :WAP:

Her label needs to certify her diamond albums already!

4 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Oh wow even her flops can be certified. Not everyone has that :WAP:

Her label needs to certify her diamond albums already!

Burlesque has sold more than certain “hit” albums from 2011 lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Burlesque has sold more than certain “hit” albums from 2011 lol 

Do you know how much in the US not counting streaming?

5 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Do you know how much in the US not counting streaming?

Last time Billboard provided us with an update circa 2015 it was well over 800k pure. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.