Christina Aguilera

Inception

2 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

Note that back in 2000, Asia only had 2 developed countries: Japan and South Korea (Xtina came to Korea in March 2000 and was treated like royalty). The rest of Asia was poor and didn't have a music industry so legal sales were non-existent in Philippined and Thailand for example. What truly measured Xtina's success in Asia during this period is that EVERYONE knew her and her songs.

Yeah, probably the same goes for Latin America from what I've heard. It's crazy how often people go on talent shows all over Asia and sing her songs still. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

Emil Larsen
3 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, I always felt like Mandy felt a little out of place near the other three. P!nk's debut was kind of just there for me? I just don't remember her prior Get This Party Started tbh. Well, and Lady Marmalade. 

Yeah. Mandy was never in the competition, she was always a flop in the USA but her movie A Night To Remember was popular in Asia/Philippines.

P!nk's debut and Jessica's debut were just there: not flop but not truly successful like Xtina and Britney's debut.

Jennifer Lopez was also big in 1999-2000, she rode the hype of the Latin invasion.

Emil Larsen
2 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, probably the same goes for Latin America from what I've heard. It's crazy how often people go on talent shows all over Asia and sing her songs still. 

:clap3::clap3:Genie In A Bottle, Beautiful, Hurt are certified classics.

Dirrty is a club staple. Candyman is also loved, it is her most viewed music video on Youtube. Keep Gettin' Better and the whole Bionic album are gay cult classics.

She is a legend. It's just unfortunate that she doesn't have a hit during the digital era (she was sabotaged by Perez Hilton/the media's Lady Gaga comparisons)

Emil Larsen

Stripped and Missunderstood are bigger than Britney's self titled album.

By late 2001, Britney became a tabloid starlet while the GP viewed Xtina as an artist (that Grammy's Best New Artist) win says it all.

Dirrty peaked #48 because it was blacklisted by US radios.

I would like if she at least indicated if she was working on a new album or not. Because I'm pretty sure she said after the Spanish album she would immediately go back into the studio to make an English one, but I haven't heard anything since.

It’s wild how she refuses to release music during the wait between eras. 

We had a whole global pandemic more enough time to release music in her home studio :rip:.

She is ridiculous.

Emil Larsen

Bionic will forever be the most iconic cult album in stan culture:

Monday Morning 10/10

Elastic Love 10

Title track 10

Vanity 11/10

Desnudate 10

Birds Of Prey 10

You Lost Me 10

My Girls 10

The rest are very good too.

• Like 1

Emil Larsen
1 minute ago, Power love said:

We had a whole global pandemic more enough time to release music in her home studio :rip:.

She is ridiculous.

She focuses on raising her son Max I think. Her son is 14 this year and he is going through puberty (lots of physical and mental changes).

Emil Larsen
4 minutes ago, Power love said:

She is ridiculous.

Yeah. Her long break between studio album affected her career. The gap between BTB and Bionic affected her the most. Rihanna, Katy, Gaga rose to fame and Britney and P!nk had comeback era with Circus and Funhouse. 

Emil Larsen
6 minutes ago, Power love said:

She is ridiculous.

At least she outlasted Fergie and Nelly. 3 of them slayed 2006.

P!nk's I'm Not Dead didn't take off until 2007 in the US, always the underdog. P!nk won in terms of longevity though.

Emil Larsen

Red Hot Kinda Love is a tineless bop. Lotus was mismanaged.

Emil Larsen

It's funny how haters said she is a fad yet threads about her are often made by them on Base whereas Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore were never mentioned.

Emil Larsen

Love Will Find a Way :jonny6:

I remember the day I went to the CD store to buy her debut album in August 1999. So many girls were dressing her style. What a phenomenon. 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

It makes me think of kpop idols STANNING Xtina's discography even to this day:jonny5: 

Dalshabet performing Lady Marmalade and Laboum performing Come On Over in The Unit in 2017

Spoiler

Hyolyn recently covering Save Me from Myself

Spoiler

I remember watching another show Queendom, where singers Kei and Hwasa were talking about performing Save Me from Myself together too (but they eventually chose Billie Eilish's wish you were gay). 

The stanning for Save Me from Myself :jonny5:Gorgeous GORGEOUS song 

Xtina summarized is career wasted by poor management. imagine if she had a competent team 

Irving Azzoff was the worst thing that happened to Xtina's career.

4 hours ago, Xtripped said:

We missed Steven Kurtz :coffee::rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xtripped said:

:clap3:

He was actually against her doing a Spanish album & even asked her why she was doing it AGAIN in 2022 :deadbanana2:He’s so out of touch of what her fans want. 

Side note: Does anyone actually think (Bionic) the song would’ve made a great first single choice? It’s different & doesn’t sound like what was on radio at the time.

The song even charted on its own.

38 minutes ago, Power love said:

:clap3:

He was actually against her doing a Spanish album & even asked her why she was doing it AGAIN in 2022 :deadbanana2:He’s so out of touch of what her fans want. 

He killed Xtina relationship with American radio, remember when he tried to sue radio stations? I'm still mad at that Bionic tweet.

22 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

remember when he tried to sue radio stations?

Girl WHAT?!? He tried what?!? Why? What’s the tea!

Emil Larsen
3 hours ago, Power love said:

Side note: Does anyone actually think (Bionic) the song would’ve made a great first single choice? It’s different & doesn’t sound like what was on radio at the time.

That song could have been a single of course. But Monday Morning and Vanity are definitely lead single material. Elastic Love for the second single. Bionic album is a pop masterpiece. I am livid that Bionic only sold over 330k copies in the US.

Emil Larsen
9 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Xtina summarized is career wasted by poor management. imagine if she had a competent team 

Bionic truly deserves to have been a big era with a sold out arena tour and four top ten singles.

11 hours ago, gimmelaugh said:

It makes me think of kpop idols STANNING Xtina's discography even to this day:jonny5: 

Dalshabet performing Lady Marmalade and Laboum performing Come On Over in The Unit in 2017

Isn't one of the girls from Blackpink a stan? 

4 hours ago, Power love said:

I think it would've been a bold move, way bolder than Not Myself Tonight. Bionic is great but it could've been a hit or miss. I'm not sure how radio stations would've reacted. I mean, the intro alone can put a lot of people off. It's only when the first verse kicks in you realize how good it is. 

I feel like Prima Donna and Not Myself Tonight were the safest choices to make here. But there were so many more risky ones that deserved single treatment - Bionic, Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, all great contenders. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.