Christina Aguilera

Inception

2 hours ago, toxicgenie said:

Lotus gets dragged all the time because that era traumatized fans. :fan:

Yeah Lotus is her most phoned in album, but it was still a good album, production issues aside. The intro and songs 1 - 8 are no skips and few more. 

The problem with the lead was that it leaked a long time before it was released. I'm not sure if it was 1-4 months, but it was a long time. Also the version that leaked, "**** Your Body" slapped harder. I don't know if her label got scared about the "****", but they shouldn't have since Cee Lo had a huge smash with "**** You" (Forget You) around that time.

I also agree that "Just A Fool" could have been a massive adult contemporary and pop-country hit with more promo and a video.

"Songbird, rebirth, unearth creature

Submerge from hurt, pain, broken pieces" :jamming:

I can't believe that's been over 10 years ago, at this point. All I remember from that time is the excitement of the video for "Your Body" debuting, and then that was it. :noparty: It just all fizzled out upon arrival.

I loved that album upon arrival. I still love it now as much as I did then, if not more so. I remember "Your Body" leaking and people being disappointed about the edited version being on the album. I guess her label was still trying to make her more pop friendly and more easily marketable; disappointing since that album campaign ended so abruptly anyway. With Cee Lo, indeed, having a smash single at the time, I think "Make the World Move" would have been a good single choice; it could have potentially capitalized off of his success. And I do think it's a legitimately fun song; it takes me back to Back to Basics a bit.

That intro never gets old; and I love the reprise towards the end of the album. :heart:

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

I pray to god that we get another ballad as brilliant and breathtaking as "Twice" which was Stripped level quality imo. It deserved all the payola to be heard by the masses idc, this needed to be a huge ballad.

Still leaves me speechless after every time that I listen to it. I don't think I'll ever unstan when she's still capable of serving art like this. :ghostface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Reina said:

I pray to god that we get another ballad as brilliant and breathtaking as "Twice" which was Stripped level quality imo. It deserved all the payola to be heard by the masses idc, this needed to be a huge ballad.

Still leaves me speechless after every time that I listen to it. I don't think I'll ever unstan when she's still capable of serving art like this. :ghostface:

Girl, same here. 

Twice is like her best song post Bound to You. This is why I cherish Liberation so much because just when we thought she would never be able to be as inspired as she was in the 00s she comes with a massive banger that lyrically and vocally reminded us of what she’s capable of. 

Again, Xtina could retire tomorrow yet I would be SO thankful for her music. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Twice is like her best song post Bound to You. This is why I cherish Liberation so much because just when we thought she would never be able to be as inspired as she was in the 00s she comes with a massive banger that lyrically and vocally reminded us of what she’s capable of. 

Again, Xtina could retire tomorrow yet I would be SO thankful for her music. 

Exactly. You can never ever count raw talent out! That's why people on this site will never convince me that Xtina is anything less than brilliant. All she needs is a little inspiration to remind everyone of her capabilities and it's game over. I'm very thankful for her as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Reina said:

Exactly. You can never ever count raw talent out! That's why people on this site will never convince me that Xtina is anything less than brilliant. All she needs is a little inspiration to remind everyone of her capabilities and it's game over. I'm very thankful for her as well.

oprah-hello.gif

3 hours ago, ReH2o said:

This masterpiece :jonny:

You'd never think that an album with an intro as good as this would be so bad :deadbanana2:

I know this has been talked about a lot but to this day I cannot believe she followed something as good as Bionic with garbage like Lotus :rip: It should have just been an EP with:

1. Lotus Intro

2. Army of Me (I'm only keeping this one cause it's ok I guess but I absolutely love Anastacia's cover of it)

3. Your Body

4. Let There Be Love

5. Blank Page

6. Just a Fool

I could honestly do without the other songs

5 hours ago, allforyou said:

You'd never think that an album with an intro as good as this would be so bad :deadbanana2:

I know this has been talked about a lot but to this day I cannot believe she followed something as good as Bionic with garbage like Lotus :rip: It should have just been an EP with:

1. Lotus Intro

2. Army of Me (I'm only keeping this one cause it's ok I guess but I absolutely love Anastacia's cover of it)

3. Your Body

4. Let There Be Love

5. Blank Page

6. Just a Fool

This could have worked.

Btw, I still wish she had toured in the early 2010s :cries:

8 hours ago, allforyou said:

1. Lotus Intro

3. Your Body

4. Let There Be Love

5. Blank Page

6. Just a Fool

True but please add Cease Fire :gaycat4:

13 hours ago, allforyou said:

1. Lotus Intro

2. Army of Me 

3. Your Body

4. Let There Be Love

5. Blank Page

6. Just a Fool

7. Cease Fire

8. Light up the sky

9. Red hot kind of love 

10. Circles

Fixed :duca:

This is a strong album here :bird:

8 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

Btw, I still wish she had toured in the early 2010s :cries:

Imagine if there had been a Bionic tour :jonny: it would’ve been a moment

A 2013 tour would’ve been great too, she looked and sounded great

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Fixed :duca:

This is a strong album here :bird:

I hate hate LUTS. Circles and RHKL are definitely underrated. 

4 hours ago, allforyou said:

Imagine if there had been a Bionic tour :jonny: it would’ve been a moment

A 2013 tour would’ve been great too, she looked and sounded great

Such a missed opportunity :'(

On 5/20/2023 at 10:53 PM, La Reina said:

Twice live during the Liberation tour was a highlight of the entire concert. Imagine if we would have gotten a televised performance to promote the album.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember strong rumors around 2014-2015 of her releasing another studio album? 

I thought i was going crazy but i remembered producers mentioning it & it was rumored under the title “Blonde”. 

9 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

Such a missed opportunity :'(

Not releasing another album 2014-2015 to throw Say Something on it was a massive mistake.

The album would’ve gone platinum just with that song included. 

Did she ever explain why she went ghost for 6 years???

Edited by Power love
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Power love said:

Not releasing another album 2014-2015 to throw Say Something on it was a massive mistake.

The album would’ve gone platinum just with that song included. 

Did she ever explain why she went ghost for 6 years???

Really big opportunity missed there. HOWEVER I genuinely think she just didn’t have the drive or motivation musically around that time. Like she said, SS came at a time where was looking for answers musically. That whole collab happened so quickly like in a week or 2 and no one expected it to do what it did AND win a Grammy. 

Then she got pregnant with Summer like the year after so she focused on that for a bit before Liberation. 

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Does anyone remember strong rumors around 2014-2015 of her releasing another studio album? 

I thought i was going crazy but i remembered producers mentioning it & it was rumored under the title “Blonde”. 

Rumor] Fecha de lanzamiento y posible título del Álbum de Xtina según Laura  Kramer - Christina Aguilera Let's Go - Wow Christina

Only Change was right :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

Only Change was right 

Doesn’t Change being right kind of prove there was indeed an album coming that was scrapped for some reason. 

The Pharrell Williams, Collaboration was correct also because she worked with him for a while during that time but none of it made it on liberation.

She had said year after year from 2014-2017 that an album was coming .

I think there was intentions.

I wonder if Christina and Beyonce will be a part of a special Grammy Tribute to Tina Turner since she praised both of them so much? It would be nice and bring out Miley too. 

one year anniversary of Aguilera and still no physical cd :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, PaloSanto said:

one year anniversary of Aguilera and still no physical cd :toofunny2:

A mess as usual. 

I am actually Over Aguilera now. Give us new music already. I overplayed Aguilera which is one of her finest works ever. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.