Christina Aguilera

Inception

Hey! I have a question. 
Does anyone know when Christina recorded "America"? Is it from the Stripped sessions?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

1 hour ago, Schami66 said:

Hey! I have a question. 
Does anyone know when Christina recorded "America"? Is it from the Stripped sessions?

Personally don’t know but I wouldn’t say she recorded it any earlier than Bionic.

Judging by her voice it sounds very much like it could’ve been recorded between 2010-2015.

I know she didn’t work with Linda after Bionic but I just think her voice sounds a ted bit different from what she used to sound in the 2000s (as in, less raspy).

29 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Personally don’t know but I wouldn’t say she recorded it any earlier than Bionic.

Judging by her voice it sounds very much like it could’ve been recorded between 2010-2015.

I know she didn’t work with Linda after Bionic but I just think her voice sounds a ted bit different from what she used to sound in the 2000s (as in, less raspy).

Thank you! 

I just don't see it coming from the Bionic or Lotus sessions but I had the same thoughts regarding the sound of her voice

7 hours ago, Schami66 said:

Hey! I have a question. 

No, it's from the pre-Liberation sessions, actually. Linda Perry (the writer of the song) suggested that Xtina should make a lo-fi Americana record with "America" in it but the song (and album idea) were scrapped due to the political climate in the U.S. at the time. So she likely recorded it between 2015 and 2016, Linda explains it all here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/linda-perry-my-life-in-15-songs-780874/christina-aguilera-america-2017-780897/

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, La Reina said:

No, it's from the pre-Liberation sessions, actually. Linda Perry (the writer of the song) suggested that Xtina should make a lo-fi Americana record with "America" in it but the song (and album idea) were scrapped due to the political climate in the U.S. at the time. So she likely recorded it between 2015 and 2016, Linda explains it all here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/linda-perry-my-life-in-15-songs-780874/christina-aguilera-america-2017-780897/

Oh, this is news to me. Thanks for sharing it!

Yeah, judging by her voice I would've guessed she had recorded between Lotus and Liberation. 

What do you girlies think of America? I enjoy it but it didn't have me falling head over heels over it. From all the songs dropped in between Lotus and Liberation it goes like this for me:

Telepathy >> Shotgun >> The Real Thing >>> We Remain >> America >> Change >> Anywhere But Here

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:52 AM, ReH2o said:

We lost 5 songs :coffee:

In a perfect world she put these 5 songs on La Luz then released the full Aguilera album on CD + vinyl last year and announced a tour but I guess that's too much to ask :monkey:

5 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

What do you girlies think of America? I enjoy it but it didn't have me falling head over heels over it.

I don't like it tbh. I dislike patriotic lyrics, honestly. And given what happened in the 2016 election, I'm thankful that they scrapped that planned Americana album. We would've gotten Xtina's Panned of the Woods instead of the acclaimed Liberation. Linda is delusional for thinking that "America" would've been a big hit that shot to #1. :rip:

"Anywhere But Here", "We Remain" and "Telepathy" are my favorite droplets from between the Lotus and Liberation eras.

50 minutes ago, La Reina said:

I don't like it tbh. I dislike patriotic lyrics, honestly. And given what happened in the 2016 election, I'm thankful that they scrapped that planned Americana album. We would've gotten Xtina's Panned of the Woods instead of the acclaimed Liberation. Linda is delusional for thinking that "America" would've been a big hit that shot to #1. :rip:

"Anywhere But Here", "We Remain" and "Telepathy" are my favorite droplets from between the Lotus and Liberation eras.

We could've spammed the internet saying she was pro-Trump that #1 would've been on lock. :coffee:

I really like her voice on ABH but there's something lacking in it. Like, I never felt like going back to listening to it again. Glad she redeemed herself with a proper Aguileran-worthy ballad with Twice. 

I'm in full stan mode today, by the way. Just went back to her performance with the Stones and remembered how much I love it. She accomplished so much in less than 10 years it's crazy when we look back and see her sharing the stage with actual music legends like them, Elton John and Tony Bennett and the appraisal she's always gotten from literally every artist in pop and outside of the pop bubble as well. 

Especially the rock legends who have had a history of being hostile towards pop music, she got them hooked. Remember Axl Rose telling everyone around him to shut the **** up so we could listen to her at the 2006 VMAs?

I need new music from her. She should pull a Shakira and release singles until the next era.

Shakira doesn't even promote, just drop a music video and dips. I'd be okay with her doing that too tbh!

• Like 1

Emil Larsen
8 hours ago, Xtina23 said:

I need new music from her. She should pull a Shakira and release singles until the next era.

Shakira doesn't even promote, just drop a music video and dips. I'd be okay with her doing that too tbh!

Yes! Anyway, Xtina looks so much like her dad Fausto. They are like twins.

Emil Larsen
On 7/7/2023 at 9:54 PM, Beautiful Garbage said:

I'm in full stan mode today, by the way. Just went back to her performance with the Stones and remembered how much I love it. She accomplished so much in less than 10 years it's crazy when we look back and see her sharing the stage with actual music legends like them, Elton John and Tony Bennett and the appraisal she's always gotten from literally every artist in pop and outside of the pop bubble as well. 

Especially the rock legends who have had a history of being hostile towards pop music, she got them hooked. Remember Axl Rose telling everyone around him to shut the **** up so we could listen to her at the 2006 VMAs?

Xtina's debut is bigger than Britney's debut in the USA.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:53 AM, Beautiful Garbage said:

Oh, this is news to me. Thanks for sharing it!

Yeah, judging by her voice I would've guessed she had recorded between Lotus and Liberation. 

What do you girlies think of America? I enjoy it but it didn't have me falling head over heels over it. From all the songs dropped in between Lotus and Liberation it goes like this for me:

Telepathy >> Shotgun >> The Real Thing >>> We Remain >> America >> Change >> Anywhere But Here

I need Shotgun on Spotify. Another missed opportunity, it could have been huge at the time.

And of course Telepathy, she's always so ahead of time.

9 hours ago, Emil Larsen said:

Xtina's debut is bigger than Britney's debut in the USA.

This is cute. 

3 hours ago, Xtripped said:

I need Shotgun on Spotify. Another missed opportunity, it could have been huge at the time.

And of course Telepathy, she's always so ahead of time.

I remember when she performed at the CMA and the country music fans saying something like "we would gladly take Xtina and pop music fans can have Taylor". :gaycat7:

Emil Larsen
29 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

This is cute. 

Yes! I was 20 in 2000. Xtina was bigger than Britney in the US. Look at their singles chart peak of their debut album. P!nk was also a phenomenon to her audience (tough girls)

Emil Larsen
18 hours ago, Xtina23 said:

yes. She is a visionary and has been underrated since 2010.

12 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

Yes! I was 20 in 2000. Xtina was bigger than Britney in the US. Look at their singles chart peak of their debut album. P!nk was also a phenomenon to her audience (tough girls)

Yeah, Xtina did have hit after hit after hit. Just yesterday I came across this clip on Instagram of her doing a press conference before the AMAs I believe where she talks about her plans for her next single after GIAB. Really interesting that way before WAGW came to life she already mentioned she would be releasing a Spanish album in 2000 and touring with TLC and Destiny's Child. 

Emil Larsen
6 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Yeah, Xtina did have hit after hit after hit. Just yesterday I came across this clip on Instagram of her doing a press conference before the AMAs I believe where she talks about her plans for her next single after GIAB. Really interesting that way before WAGW came to life she already mentioned she would be releasing a Spanish album in 2000 and touring with TLC and Destiny's Child. 

She was super big in Asia too. The only continent where Britney's debut outdid Xtina is Europe. Xtina peaked in Europe was Stripped.

Just now, Emil Larsen said:

She was super big in Asia too. The only continent where Britney's debut outdid Xtina is Europe. Xtina peaked in Europe was Stripped.

We love a kween who peaked twice. :clap3:

I'd be interested to see her sales in Asia. She seems to be pretty big in the Philippines (like every pop girl).

Emil Larsen
8 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Xtina was compared to Jessica Simpson back then. Jessica has a great voice.

Britney was considered a performer, not a singer even back then.

Mandy Moore was a flop. P!nk did fine.

These female artists ruled MTV's golden years.

Emil Larsen
1 minute ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I'd be interested to see her sales in Asia. She seems to be pretty big in the Philippines (like every pop girl).

I have a relative who lived in Thailand (she's 44 now). She said that in 2000, every girl and boy had a Christina or Britney's poster on their bedroom wall and their debut CD. Both of them were cultural phenomena during that monoculture period. P!nk did not break through in Asia until January 2002 when Get The Party Started became a SMASH in Asia and many girls would dress in P!nk's style.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

Xtina was compared to Jessica Simpson back then. Jessica has a great voice.

Britney was considered a performer, not a singer even back then.

Mandy Moore was a flop. P!nk did fine.

These female artists ruled MTV's golden years.

Yeah, I always felt like Mandy felt a little out of place near the other three. P!nk's debut was kind of just there for me? I just don't remember her prior Get This Party Started tbh. Well, and Lady Marmalade. 

Emil Larsen
5 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Note that back in 2000, Asia only had 2 developed countries: Japan and South Korea (Xtina came to Korea in March 2000 and was treated like royalty). The rest of Asia was poor and didn't have a music industry so legal sales were non-existent in Philippined and Thailand for example. What truly measured Xtina's success in Asia during this period is that EVERYONE knew her and her songs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.