• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gagacasanova

• Rylary

• SoulfulWings

• HEAVYONIT

Hello everyone. I'm currently getting into Carrie's music for the first time. With her being a country artist and everything, I'm just curious about how... "conservative" she is? Like does she support LGBTQ+, abortion rights and everything? Not that that matters for the quality of the music, but it matters to me. 

3 hours ago, prettyinpink940 said:

Hello everyone. I'm currently getting into Carrie's music for the first time. With her being a country artist and everything, I'm just curious about how... "conservative" she is? Like does she support LGBTQ+, abortion rights and everything? Not that that matters for the quality of the music, but it matters to me. 

In general, she doesn't appear to be very vocal about social issues / politics. She did release a song called Love Wins but kinda failed to make the big statement that she could have in the video, I think to avoid controversy...but I definitely remember being disappointed. I'm pretty sure her husband is a huge Trump c*nt tho. 

Carrie and her best friend Ivey have teamed up to make cocktails together! Really nice to see her personality come out so much! Carrie's a tequila girl! Looks like good stuff, too. @drinksouthbound I wonder if the name has any association to her song! 

doing promo for the release of deluxe version 

• 3 weeks later...

Carrie Underwood Essentials playlist is listed under Country Music Trailblazers on Apple Music :jonny:

Now only if her ******* label would treat her like such

Did y'all see Country Central's rankings of her albums?

Spoiler
  1. Blown Away
  2. Storyteller
  3. Carnival Ride
  4. Some Hearts
  5. Cry Pretty
  6. Play On
  7. Denim & Rhinestones

Thoughts? :lakitu:

On 9/7/2023 at 9:43 PM, prettyinpink940 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this message. :chick3:  In the past, she used to openly express liberal views such as voicing her support by same-sex marriage. Unfortunately, in recent years, she's been much more conservative. She even liked an anti-mask tweet by Matt Walsh.

I feel like her husband is the biggest influence on her. She's gotten much more conservative since he married her and he's been known to be a very vocal conservative. He even appeared on the Candace Owens Show once.

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

Did y'all see Country Central's rankings of her albums?

Hide contents
  1. Blown Away
  2. Storyteller
  3. Carnival Ride
  4. Some Hearts
  5. Cry Pretty
  6. Play On
  7. Denim & Rhinestones

Thoughts? :lakitu:

Denim & Rhinestones and Cry Pretty are too low...

For me it would be:

1. Storyteller

2. Cry Pretty

3. Carnival Ride

4. Some Hearts

5. Denim & Rhinestones

6. Blown Away

7. Play On

I rank Blown Away low because the singles are stellar, but the rest of the album (minus a couple of songs) are just ok for me, but it's still a strong album overall...

In my opinion, Play On is her only skippable album...

2024 Grammy Submissions

Out of that Truck - Record, Song, Country Solo, Country Song
Hate My Heart – Music Video

#381 on Billboard's Best 500 Pop Songs list with Before He Cheats.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point, Carrie should just quit country music and pivot somewhere else maybe rock or rock pop or something else really. Whilst Lainey is great, not sure she really deserved to win Entertainment of the Year over all the rest of the artists, so this is pretty much a sign that Carrie should just GTFO whilst she still can, like Maren 

26 minutes ago, Rylary said:

At this point, Carrie should just quit country music and pivot somewhere else maybe rock or rock pop or something else really. Whilst Lainey is great, not sure she really deserved to win Entertainment of the Year over all the rest of the artists, so this is pretty much a sign that Carrie should just GTFO whilst she still can, like Maren 

I just don't think she wants out; I think she enjoys being within the country genre while borrowing from others, ie: pop and rock.

Just now, livelikemusic said:

I just don't think she wants out; I think she enjoys being within the country genre while borrowing from others, ie: pop and rock.

Then she should stop submitting herself for these events or caring so much about them. And we also need to stop caring.

Or she needs to change her label cause it isn't great currently 

5 minutes ago, Rylary said:

Then she should stop submitting herself for these events or caring so much about them. And we also need to stop caring.

Or she needs to change her label cause it isn't great currently 

Unfortunately, I cannot blame her label entirely. It's a mixture of her management (or lack thereof) and Carrie herself. She has been mismanaged for so many years (dating back to the Blown Away era), and I thought leaving Arista Nashville for Capitol Nashville would've changed that, but it did not The same mistakes continued to be made. And with the release of Denim & Rhinestones, it is apparent both artist and management just do not care. I would have wagered the latest release would've faired better, as the gap between lead single and album wasn't as extensive of previously done, but it still did not make a single difference. Not to mention, it also seems as if the music videos for those leads are not ready at single launch, which is a major loss in the grand scheme of things. At this point, she is a Vegas performer who occasionally releases new music to little fanfare. I mean, the general reaction to the title track was so positive... and she gave nothing for it. "Ghost Story" came in March 2022; "Hate My Heart" did not come until October 2022. There does not / should not be a seven-month gap between single releases, especially when the album released in June 2022.

"Ghost Story" is easily her worst-performing lead off of any non-holiday release she has put out; management should've been booking more performances. Instead, she gave the GRAMMYs and the CMT Music Awards. Where was late night? Daytime talk? Yes, Capitol Nashville deserves [some] flack, but she and her management have been sitting on the sidelines twiddling their thumbs. A change of label won't fix the same problem they've had on both labels.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2023 at 12:58 AM, gagacasanova said:

2024 Grammy Submissions

Out of that Truck - Record, Song, Country Solo, Country Song
Hate My Heart – Music Video

Zero nominations lol. not surprised at all....

well i fell back in love with carrie recently

damage is snatching me hard

also got reminded how great thank god for slaytowns is and how awful y'alls taste is for hating it 

• Like 1

It's a shame she didn't get any Grammy nominations for this era. Maybe next time she'll be more lucky.

17 hours ago, Sasha. said:

well i fell back in love with carrie recently

damage is snatching me hard

also got reminded how great thank god for slaytowns is and how awful y'alls taste is for hating it 

Isn't Damage so good? It slays so hard!! One of the best from D&R

4 hours ago, Sasha. said:

i think she's well past her award show relevance

And the fact that she needs better management to support her at these award shows. 

10 hours ago, Rylary said:

Isn't Damage so good? It slays so hard!! One of the best from D&R

that + out of that truck are really the standouts for me. pretty weak album overall though :emofish:

23 hours ago, Sasha. said:

that + out of that truck are really the standouts for me. pretty weak album overall though :emofish:

Out Of That Truck should have been the first single released earlier this year, and then Pink Champagne next for that summer smash and then Damage for the fall season. Then early 2024, she releases She Don't Know as the last single and then submits it for the grammys the following year. 

Edited by Rylary

2 hours ago, Rylary said:

Out Of That Truck should have been the first single released earlier this year, and then Pink Champagne next for that summer smash and then Damage for the fall season. Then early 2024, she releases She Don't Know as the last single and then submits it for the grammys the following year. 

you should be her manager tbh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Billboard Year End
#4 Female Country Artist
#18 Country Albums Artist
#25 Country Artist
#35 Christian Album (My Gift)
#35 Christian Streaming Song (Favorite Time of Year )
#37 Country Album (CUX1)
#38 Christian Artist
#39 Christian Streaming Song (Silent Night)
#42 Christian Streaming Song (Hallelujah)
#73 Country Album (My Gift)

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, gagacasanova said:

Billboard Year End
#4 Female Country Artist
#18 Country Albums Artist
#25 Country Artist
#35 Christian Album (My Gift)
#35 Christian Streaming Song (Favorite Time of Year )
#37 Country Album (CUX1)
#38 Christian Artist
#39 Christian Streaming Song (Silent Night)
#42 Christian Streaming Song (Hallelujah)
#73 Country Album (My Gift)

Wow this is very sad that D&R is not featured anywhere, including the Deluxe..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.