• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

Just now, ScorpiosGroove said:

cindy my *****’s itching :WAP:

Wouldn't they do this **** anyway :deadbanana: even if they have no plans to release themselves

Just now, Mitsouko said:

Wouldn't they do this **** anyway :deadbanana: even if they have no plans to release themselves

they would bc they suck but i vaguely remember the same thing happening before homecoming :jonnycat:

imagine being able to play Drunk In Dubai in pristine quality and with an amazing mix on streaming :jonnycat:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Since it premieres on the 25th they probably already finished editing the film :jonny2: hopefully we get the real runtime next week 

On 10/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, QueenB said:

We've already moved into saying it's an art film for only super fans to prepare for the $19 million total opening weekend (and only weekend)

https://deadline.com/2023/11/beyonce-concert-film-renaissance-box-office-projection-1235615818/

My curse is active. Release the visuals now or the rotten tomatoes score will be 58%

:suburban:

• Haha 1

So nothing? I thought people said it made sense to concentrate all the promo closest to the movie? :laugh:

Why is this era such a desert? I can not quite explain it. Why not at least give us a single : all it takes his streaming play listing and send it to radio. I t is hard work for Parkwood, I know but they've been resting for some time now, no?

A cute thing would be to release Heated or AS now, even better would be to start the promo of it in the film's trailer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

So nothing? I thought people said it made sense to concentrate all the promo closest to the movie? :laugh:

Why is this era such a desert? I can not quite explain it. Why not at least give us a single : all it takes his streaming play listing and send it to radio. I t is hard work for Parkwood, I know but they've been resting for some time now, no?

A cute thing would be to release Heated or AS now, even better would be to start the promo of it in the film's trailer.

Renaissance era is dead. The docu is going to be the final product and then I hope they just lay everything to rest. I don't want to hear about MVs or singles at this point. Its just ridiculous tbh.

Move on, stay on the low, and get ready for the next Album.

• Like 2

I may be in the minority for this, but I feel Renny hasn’t yet been served the justice it deserves. No Bey, just a tour thru NA/EU is not enough for this era. We waited over 6 years for a solo project from her and we couldn’t even get a single video? Barely two single releases. 

The doc is a step in the right direction, but like a year and a half later… 

So yea I would even be interested in reissue like she did with Sasha Fierce and Self Titled with new songs and more singles before we move on to the next era…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iaintsorry said:

I may be in the minority for this, but I feel Renny hasn’t yet been served the justice it deserves. No Bey, just a tour thru NA/EU is not enough for this era. We waited over 6 years for a solo project from her and we couldn’t even get a single video? Barely two single releases. 

The doc is a step in the right direction, but like a year and a half later… 

So yea I would even be interested in reissue like she did with Sasha Fierce and Self Titled with new songs and more singles before we move on to the next era…

I think nobody here can say we've been FED this era, don't worry. :toofunny2:

My theory as to why she doesn't release singles and send them to be played on radio is that she wants her brand to be seen as limited, luxurious and scarce. A lot of products she releases has a luxury feel to it (Ivy Park, Ce Noir, tour tickets, the vinyl box sets) and I think she doesn't want her brand to be too available or frequent or else it may affect that scarce and special feel. It's also my theory as to why she doesn't release vinyls of her old music.

I don't think releasing singles off the album would affect that much but if my theory is right, that's how she sees her business.

Edited by holyground13
Typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

they would bc they suck but i vaguely remember the same thing happening before homecoming :jonnycat:

imagine being able to play Drunk In Dubai in pristine quality and with an amazing mix on streaming :jonnycat:

@HotFriedChicken you’re mad af pookie :bibliahh:

Edited by ScorpiosGroove
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Oh you wanna fight huh? Are you bored? Looking for a moment? Go and beat your meat because you won't get any such thing from me. :rip:

i don’t fight with intellectually challenged people sawry :celestial2:

43 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

My theory as to why she doesn't release singles and send them to be played on radio is that she wants her brand to be seen as limited, luxurious and scarce. A lot of products she releases has a luxury feel to it (Ivy Park, Ce Noir, tour tickets, the vinyl box sets) and I think she doesn't want her brand to be too available or frequent or else it may affect that scarce and special feel. It's also my theory as to why she doesn't release vinyls of her old music.

I don't think releasing singles off the album would affect that much but if my theory is right, that's how she sees her business.

I really appreciate this take, because I think a lot of fans get caught up in the front-facing aspect of her stardom and don't seem too invested in the backend that makes for the **Beyonce** brand as we enjoy it today. 

Like you said, luxury and exclusivity must literally be *the* key words she and Parkwood approach her entire brand with. Note how when everyone else is driving down the price of their albums (anywhere from $5-$10) Bey sells ST and Lemonade at an increased premium ($15-$20) with videos. She literally never discounts her music and doesn't ever present as playing the game. 

My long held theory is that it's all branding. I will never (ever) believe that she "doesn't care" in the way a lot of fans moan is the case. I think it's the opposite. Bey is very aware of her celebrity status and very carefully and very tactfully takes steps to elongate her spell as the top dog.

**Being seen** to chase hit singles or being hungry for numbers (by discounting etc) goes aginst the luxury brand she's angling for. Put simply, Macy's discounts and panders to the masses...Gucci does not. Bey is...Gucci. 

She's in a very unique space where there's literally no other act from her time with her level of present day clout. None. Probably only her, Madonna and MJ are the acts in recent memory than have managed to span multiple generations in a way that is unprecedented. That's not luck, that's consistent output and A LOT of brand strategy. 

IMO, 4 was the turning point. She played the game, did all the things to try and turn the tide, and still under-performed. From then onwards, I feel a light switch was hit and it became clear her celebrity/brand etc had to be anchored on something more than sales and singles for to last the distance. Hence, the almost purposeful anti-Pop star antics she pulls. Positioning as a luxury, inaccessible entity heightens the demand...for the most part. 

I say alladis to say, she definitely cares about presenting as successful with her main pillars (album sales, tour gross, and big money moves). Like others have said, that's fine, but sending a song to radio or assuring she had another commercial moment after Cuff It costs her nothing...be that money, resources, or physical effort. Having more "moments" literally supports her cause, ropes in the GP, and gives her more clout/negotiating power for her actual money-making endeavours. It's like she's pushing the anti-Pop star thing too far and it could backfire eventually. 

• Thanks 1

the whole "she’s a brand and her music’s a luxury item" point is dumb af on her side:rip:yes she’s better than the other girls and she more than earned it to act like her work is holy water but at the end of the day it’s not, and her approach has gotten pretentious as **** i’m sorry. you’re a musician who sells music, not the cure to cancer. 

what’s the point if the people aren’t buying nor streaming your luxury ? you can’t be a luxury brand as a musician while becoming more and more niche and reclusive. Even the biggest luxury fashion house does multiple shows a year, magazine covers, interviews, influencer collabs aka they PROMOTE, otherwise none of them would survive these days (lbr nobody buys Gucci or Balenciaga **** for their quality now lol) we may love & understand her experimental left field work but the GP clearly doesn’t, they want light fun bops not her singing about generational trauma and her Basquiat collection…they say no to all of her collabs that are too different but eat up the basic Perfect / Savage type of stuff 

out of all the amazing songs on Ren the most vanilla and basic one (for Bey’s standards) was also the most successful 

her most basic album is STILL her most successful one, her very experimental and qualitative work outside of Ren is in the gutter streams wise… 

don’t send your songs to radio, don’t discount anything, don’t do vinyl reissues, don’t give us music videos, don’t perform for free cool, fine

but don’t scramble and spam your insta story again the day the GP stops buying your "luxury" music or paying for your shows, and that day will come if she stays on the bullshit train she loves to ride 

• Thanks 7

Not comparing Neck to Gucci when Gucci did in fact run their business into the ground not once but twice by pandering to the masses

tiffany-pollard.gif

She's not comparable to any luxury brand. She's comparable to the UK monarchy, complete with the cracks in the facade. The public may be curious to peep the majesty, the pomp and circumstance, once every few years, otherwise she's largely a non-factor. Just like how she planned.

tiffany-pollard.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Not comparing Neck to Gucci when Gucci did in fact run their business into the ground not once but twice 

tiffany-pollard.gif

suddenly the rumored Neck x Gucci collab makes a lot more sense, she wants more advice on how to fumble your business 

tiffany-pollard.gif

3 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Not comparing Neck to Gucci when Gucci did in fact run their business into the ground not once but twice by pandering to the masses

tiffany-pollard.gif

She's not comparable to any luxury brand. She's comparable to the UK monarchy, complete with the cracks in the facade. The public may be curious to peep the majesty, the pomp and circumstance, once every few years, otherwise she's largely a non-factor these days. Just like how she planned.

tiffany-pollard.gif

Shade LOL! But you get my point (hopefully) lol. And I get yours (for the most part). 

I must say that I'm not endorsing her shenanigans. I'm saying I get what she's angling for with her brand and positioning and get how she sometimes succeeds with it and sometimes misses the mark in a way that is detrimental.

That said, to suggest Bey is a non-factor in a manner similar to the royals is wild.

She's basically in unprecedented territory. In the full picture of her career from DC to now, literally no one else lasts this long on "top" save for the few like an MJ and a Madge.

They too had their titles (King and Queen) but had to pivot what success "meant". LOADS of artists that came after them outsold, but they each established metrics that reaffirmed their regality. Largely with touring and savvy legacy moves. 

Bey DOES need to maintain a certain commercial benchmark to uphold her status, but much of her Queen status comes from the length of her reign, quality of her output, and the way she continues to make people stop, look, and listen with most of her moves (album drops, touring etc).

Measuring Bey's relevance/resonance against whether she is matching the likes of Taylor Swift and co (who were literally children and in some instances babies) when No, No, No came out is wild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She’s very successful but the constant sabotage has definitely left its mark :michael:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

That said, to suggest Bey is a non-factor in a manner similar to the royals is wild.

Only because the post-ST phase or “Parkwood era” of her career resembles an antiquated institution, consistently out of touch and unrealistic, and not in the glamorous high-life way. It’s not about the quality of the work, which always was and still should be the differentiating factor. It’s about the approach. To present her high quality goods in the “hush-hush private-club I’m-so-wealthy-and-mysterious” manner strikes me as fairly…obvious? Unimaginative. It’s not unexpected or subversive or anything. She didn’t invent that approach and she’s not doing anything new with it. It worked for couture salons before WWII. It worked for the black Amex card. It doesn’t work when it’s baguette dance music and certainly not when all it does is alienate and confuse both the masses and the stans. It is time for her to go back to the drawing board in a way she hasn’t since 2013.

**** at least Queenie Liz used to pop up on TV once in a while tf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.