Beyoncé

Kisuke

We teach hive to shrink there expectations, to make them smaller

We say to Beyonce, we want a proper single, but no music video

We should make the single successful, but not too successful otherwise we would threaten Mrs. Carter

Hive: a person who believes beyonce will do something but actually does the exact opposite of what they were expecting. (Politically, socially, economically etc)

Gwuf.gif

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Gosh I wish she'd push another single during album release week, that should be the ideal contemporary rollout tbh. 

BMS lead 6 weeks in advance

BMS peaks on radio sales streams, single #2 debuts on album release week, jumpstarts hype!

Single #3 could be a remix just to keep the interest afloat too. Instant 3 hits!

This is ideal for me. 

People saying video on album release day has me like wtf. No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

And no its not about wanting Beyonce to come online and talk to us.

I stayed up and watched Coachella.  I was excited it was on Netflix.  I went in hoping to see some cool behind the scenes info on how the score was created…instead I learned about Beys diet and how hard she works.  Its like she misses the mark by trying to sell us this hard working image.  Thats cemented.  Now can we see BtS of how yall came up with the transitions?

Edited by Blumoon

1 minute ago, carameldelight said:

This is ideal for me. 

People saying video on album release day has me like wtf. No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Literally squandering a sh*t ton of hype. Every major popgirl release had 2 singles pre album release (2nd during album release)

1989s 2nd single Blank Space came out on album release week.

Teenage Dream's 2nd single title track was pushed a week before album release.

A lot of big eras push 2nd singles very close to album release to generate hype for the single. The lead is usually just to reintroduce the girlie to the audience while the 2nd single carries the era during album release.

Dua Lipa and Doja Cat have proven that you can have hits after your album dropped. The key is radio and releasing your videos one by one. It looks like Bey is on radio’s good terms so that might work.

I say video on July 29 and performance at the VMAs. Launch single #2 with a video and a performance at the AMAs in October/November which will help secure some holiday albums sales.

I can see her tryna push another single but I do wanna see BMS blossom first.

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

Dua Lipa and Doja Cat have proven that you can have hits after your album dropped. The key is radio and releasing your videos one by one. It looks like Bey is on radio’s good terms so that might work.

I say video on July 29 and performance at the VMAs. Launch single #2 with a video and a performance at the AMAs in October/November which will help secure some holiday albums sales.

Why not perform both singles at VMAs? :michael:

It honestly would’ve been perfect if she performed at BET since Lil Nas was already complaining about how they’re lowkey homophobic to queer black entertainers, and imagine if Bey pulled up performing BMS alongside a bunch of famous talented black ballroom dancers on stage, gag the girls. It would be Daddys Lessons at the CMAs all over again. And then dropped the vid like a week after

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Why not perform both singles at VMAs? :michael:

BMS would just swallow single #2 like Drunk In Love did to XO. 
BMS slow rollout has completely ruined the chances of single #2 thriving if release this month. 

i'm hoping that BMS is Deja Vu and that we have an Irreplaceable coming next

i need a full on, sell-out banger smasha as the next single on album release week! 

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

BMS would just swallow single #2 like Drunk In Love did to XO. 
BMS slow rollout has completely ruined the chances of single #2 thriving if release this month. 

I see what you mean now. This is kinda why I was hoping she was gonna perform BMS at BET Awards. 

1 hour ago, ToraeGilt said:

Y’all are doing waay too much. How long have some of you been stanning Beyoncé? Cuz y’all expect her to be doing these promotion tactics like she’s dua or Doja. Beyoncé is waay passed that stage at this point. Her exclusivity and wanting to do things HER WAY is what made her the artist she is today. She already told y’all that her success cannot be quantified. Like!?!?!?. Adele was pulling all these stunts that y’all have been suggesting for bey and look where her era went? It literally came and went. Lemonade and Beyoncé were defining moments in Beyoncés career and if she followed the same formula (the same things y’all are suggesting now) then she probably would not be where she is. This woman is 40. She has more experience in this field than all of you lol. I’m sorry but a video cannot stop a song from flopping. If the song was meant to be a hit, it will. Beyoncés impact and influence is what will make her go down in history. Not no damn sales. Taylor swift is literally above Whitney,  and Mariah on billboard top artist list. Rihanna has 14 no.1s to MJs 10 and Janet’s 11.. like at the end of the day, cultural currency, longevity and TALENT are also major defining factors in what makes a artist. 

you spilled

you guys, I get the frustration. But at least save the drags until after the album is released. NO ONE, dragged Bey harder than me when The Gift came out and bombed. In fact, someone posted my rant in here on twitter and people were discussing it. There was no excuse for that awful rollout and her lack of invovelment in promoting the movie.

I could understand the drags if BMS was poorly received or not doing well, but the GP loves it and plenty of people are aware and excited about her new album:skull: As hard as it is, I think we need to just wait and see what this month has in store before we go in on Bey and Parkwood. Because there's still so much about this era we don't understand 

So I can agree with the gripes about rollout of the lead single and her limited engagement to promote it but now it’s just coming off as y’all feeling like your being personally victimized by Beyoncé’s album roll out which is crazy. Divest your time and energy. 

Some aspects are annoying but y’all lowkey serve OBH and major insecure vibes by calling her pretentious, goddess, telling her to humble herself and insulting her commitment to her lifetime career. I’d love for her rack up top 5 and top 10’s for every single song but she gets to move the way she does and deliver the quality product that she has, because she took herself out of the hot 100 rat race. Stop taking her personal decisions on what feels comfortable for her as some kind of slap in your face.

Ultimately we aren’t entitled to a damn thing 

I honestly don't think a MV will do that much for BMS. If the GP wants to eat it, then they will. It's going like how I imagined: a bigger European hit and moderate US hit. It's only been like 2 weeks and I'm just gonna enjoy whatever's coming as it is. I no longer have expectations, but I already know we're gonna be gagged in 26 days. :priceless:

The song is doing fine and a lot of y’all having endless meltdowns like she personally owes you anything :rip:get a grip

5 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

So I can agree with the gripes about rollout of the lead single and her limited engagement to promote it but now it’s just coming off as y’all feeling like your being personally victimized by Beyoncé’s album roll out which is crazy. Divest your time and energy. 

Some aspects are annoying but y’all lowkey serve OBH and major insecure vibes by calling her pretentious, goddess, telling her to humble herself and insulting her commitment to her lifetime career. I’d love for her rack up top 5 and top 10’s for every single song but she gets to move the way she does and deliver the quality product that she has, because she took herself out of the hot 100 rat race. Stop taking her personal decisions on what feels comfortable for her as some kind of slap in your face.

Ultimately we aren’t entitled to a damn thing 

this is the hard pill that charthive and OBH need to learn how to swallow. Beyoncé is DEEPLY frustrating. However we can't say there is no method to her madness. Her creating her own rules has allowed her to maintain longevity, privacy and respect in a way VERY FEW artists are able to do.

4 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I honestly don't think a MV will do that much for BMS. If the GP wants to eat it, then they will. It's going like how I imagined: a bigger European hit and moderate US hit. It's only been like 2 weeks and I'm just gonna enjoy whatever's coming as it is. I no longer have expectations, but I already know we're gonna be gagged in 26 days. :priceless:

This might get to top 3 or even #1 on album release week if radio continues to grow like it’s been. Organically. Nothing moderate about that.

2 minutes ago, V$. said:

:gaycat4:

The way she still finds a way to hide from the camera jkfjdksksksk

It’s a whole meltdown in here and shorty in the Hamptons sippin on Ace of Spades 

She’s living her best life, she’s trying to tell us to go live life, experience joy, and listen to the song and don’t expect a video, the REAL music video is actually your life, BMS is just the soundtrack. Her mind omg:giraffe:

If she had released the video with the song some of you would have found something else to complain about. :rip:

Edited by Draper.

Just now, Draper. said:

If she released the video with the song some of you would have found something else to complain about. :rip:

This. :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

She’s living her best life, she’s trying to tell us to go live life, experience joy, and listen to the song and don’t expect a video, the REAL music video is actually your life, BMS is just the soundtrack. Her mind omg:giraffe:

Gwuf.gif

2 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

the REAL music video is actually your life, BMS is just the soundtrack. Her mind omg:giraffe:

chills omg

Gwuf.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.