Beyoncé

Kisuke

4 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The GP wants to hear music that pleases their ear. It's that simple.

Adele isn't as talented a vocalist as Bey is, but her voice is really pleasant. A lot of the "Beyonce has bad tone" drags are stupid, but the fact of the matter is she has a unique voice that stands out and some people find it unpleasant. There's no point arguing her skills as a vocalist with those people because they're never gonna get it.

I thought about something similar in regards to her choreography. Single Ladies is what the GP recognizes her for. Out of ALL the dance moves in the video the wypepo only do the hand wave and the whatever the hell this is called

spacer.png

They think it's a cutesy demure funny dance move. This is their favorite version of Beyonce. They don't care about the actual impressively difficult hard hitting choreo that all 3 gworls do perfectly in sync. They don't care about how fierce she struts down the runway in CIL. Geepee likes things that THEY can mimic and enjoy. The don't care about how extremely talented and difficult a song note or dance number is. In fact it turns them away. 

• Replies 116k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

13 hours ago, Calypso said:

+++

American Requiem is literally one of the best songs I've ever heard. The vocals, the 4 min+ build up until she finally lets the tension go and those drums come in. The instrumentation!!! From the deep bass to the sitar and guitar and so many sounds. And that ending>>>> You feel like you are levitating. I have grown to love the song more and more with time. It is like he own Bohemian Rhapsody and I want more. I neeeeeed more. I need those harmonies injected in me. 

Tyrant has been the standout bop of this album. Its so much fun, especially singing along to it. And bridge onwards that song is literally magic. Like... insanity. It is up there as the top 5 most played songs of the album. It is endless fun. The song is a bop, its sexual, its sad, its reflective, its hurt, sex, regret, desperation, reflection, etc. all balled into one bop. 

Levi Jeans. I really dont give a **** what the hive says of feels about this song. It is such a beautiful song and potentially the streaming hit that got away. Its is so smooth, it melts! Sexy little thiiiiiinnggg. Another one with insane replay value as it is fun, sexy, playful, romantic all balled into one smooth song with beautiful vocals that make you instantly relax. Underrated guitar background too. 

Ya Ya is the song that literally no one else could do. Cannot talk about the vocals enough. Her deep voice at the end literally feels like an out of body experience. Such a hype song. She killed it... it leaves me speechless. Its among her best songs. 

Riverdance. I have such a tough relationship with this song because at once I feel like it is among her best and also something feels off or hard to digest. The lyrics are just elite. The tune is amazing and her vocal delivery pisses me off - its so good. The secret to the song is to catch on to the lyrics and vocal delivery of the verses - which actually tell the story of the song even more that the lyrics. She goes from constraint about her desperate love to giving into that desperation and feeling as it overtakes her - the vocals accordingly go higher and more intense. The song is ******* brilliant. 

There are so many other standouts. What an album. I know we get lost in the stuff that isn't, but when I pause to appreciate what is... I get overwhelmed. I want to consume this masterpiece is all forms. In the best headphones, in a car with a banger music system, on an amazing surround sound home theater... 

People might not always pay CC the attention it demands - it is so layered and rich - Bey really got that Whoaa there

That scream/squall midway on American Requiem! I'm addicted to it.

It sounds almost animalistic /inhuman like she was imitating a horse 

that song deserves to be a single and be in a national archive of history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Why are we even discussing Whitney Houston in here?

:rip:

Heartbreak Hotel is still that jam though.

:jamming:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Beyoncé as a vocalist will always come 2nd as an artist to the GP. Her vocal production is objectively top tier and genius, but it's not always on the forefront in the hits. People will say "she's not a vocalist, she's a performer" as if she can't dance better than the best of singers and sing circles around the best dancers in pop/r&b. It's almost as though she has… incredible range. 

The day she releases an album full of ballads would be a wake up call for a lot of people who truly don't actually understand what it means when we say she's a star rated vocalist. (Assuming it ever happens) 

Edited by BGKC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 3:48 PM, Redporus said:

33177494da57a79b3cdaf0674adfa7ee.gif 

bookmarking this for when it's the exact same 'expensive steel stage' she takes around next year:gayoncecat3:

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2024 at 2:27 PM, Bicassie said:

The lack of music tea on act 3 leads me to believe that it is indeed not an album but the visual competent for B7 and B8…

act 3 Echoville is coming 

nothing and I repeat nothing has been rumoured about what act 3 is gonna sound like and who worked on it + the fact that the rennie and cc visuals are related to each other has me thinking that there really isn't a third whole album she managed to cook up :coffee2:

i'm sorry but that 3 act project she recorded during the pandemic is the two albums (B7 and B8) + the visuals which she also filmed partially during the pandemic :chick1:

everything in this visual is rennie/cc themed:

IMG-6777.jpg

Cowboy Carter was the second album in a planned trilogy that you started two years ago with Renaissance. What sparked this grand idea to do a trilogy of records, each exploring different genres?

I'm convinced some of you just enjoy not reading lmao (this was meant as a silly lighthearted tease btw not a drag <3 )

Edited by alien superstore
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 9:44 AM, family.guy123 said:

Anyone have a Whitney performance at 42/43 so we can compare? 

now you know damn well....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alien superstore said:

I'm convinced some of you just enjoy not reading lmao (this was meant as a silly lighthearted tease btw not a drag <3 )

I agree lol. 

The thing is this roller coaster has had us all alternate between excitement, doom and gloom, and hypothesis upon hypothesis. 

One key takeaway for me is that there is next to no point doing too much guesswork at this stage. Because outside of the "start a Renaissance" pre-tease, our girl doesn't "do" the whole Easter egg thing ala Taylor etc. I'm thinking back to all those TikTok theorists post-Rennie diving into the artwork and "this means this and that means that and the symbolism equals that". Chile NONE of it meant a damn thing lol. 

Even the Country heads-up was strategically leaked by her team in that pre-Rennie Variety article (that not enough of the Hive paid attention to IMO). 

The only way to gauge what she has incoming (outside of her surprise teases like the Super Bowl) are reliable insiders and/or publications. 

In short, for me, I'll simply get excited when there is irrefutable proof or reliable heads up. 

Pending then, life goes on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BGKC said:

The day she releases an album full of ballads would be a wake up call for a lot of people who truly don't actually understand what it means when we say she's a star rated vocalist. (Assuming it ever happens) 

since the trilogy started i always imagined that she will have one more thing to accomplish before becoming a legacy act, and that is to do a self-written and self-produced rnb album with personal songs that show who she is the best. doubt something like that would happen, but i do expect the album that follows act iii to be pure rnb 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BGKC said:

Beyoncé as a vocalist will always come 2nd as an artist to the GP. Her vocal production is objectively top tier and genius, but it's not always on the forefront in the hits. People will say "she's not a vocalist, she's a performer" as if she can't dance better than the best of singers and sing circles around the best dancers in pop/r&b. It's almost as though she has… incredible range. 

It annoys me when people think Adele or Alicia sing better just because they do ballads smh. 
Vocally Bday was her first clinic. Any other artist would choke trying to sing those vocals and sing that fast. People criticized it for being too loud and the vocals for being too extra (esp on Deja Vu and Ring the Alarm) but they slept on the harmonies on each track and the message behind the album. It works as a movie. If she did videos again for Bday all in movie form like Lemonade, I wouldn't even be mad because there's a story  behind Bday. It's so comedic,  dramatic, sexy,  suspenseful, raging like a romcom or Tyler perry movie or something 

• Thanks 1

Giddy up now, diggadont, diggadont

Digga daddy, can't leave me 'lone, leave me 'lone

Damn if I do, dammit if I don't

Lady with a whip, want what she wanna want,

okay!

spacer.png

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 3

Have y'all ever considered what would happen to Beyonce if Jay got locked up 

spacer.png

The internet is praying on his downfall. Where there's smoke there's fire. It crossed my mind when I thought about how Beyoncé sings so obsessively about her man especially in Dangerously in Love. Then I thought about how kinda dark and obsessive the lyrics to Crazy In Love and Deja Vu are. Like this girl would do anything for this man. Do you think she'd still tour if he got put in the pin with d*ddy or would she disappear from the limelight forever? I feel like she'd find a way to go to prison too or do something worse.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

spacer.png

The internet is praying on his downfall. Where there's smoke there's fire. It crossed my mind when I thought about how Beyoncé sings so obsessively about her man especially in Dangerously in Love. Then I thought about how kinda dark and obsessive the lyrics to Crazy In Love and Deja Vu are. Like this girl would do anything for this man. Do you think she'd still tour if he got put in the pin with d*ddy or would she disappear from the limelight forever? I feel like she'd find a way to go to prison too or do something worse.

She already ditched his ass after shortly before Lemonade and only reconciled because she basically demanded that his ass is tied to her for the rest of their lives #clingywife. That's why you don't see them separated for more than a few days post 2015/16.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

The bolded above is enough for this to be case closed. People have a weird bloodlust for all at once admiring someone (or their status) but also wanting to take them down.

Let me make crystal clear that I am 2000% here for accountability culture. So, toss the R. Kellys, Weinsteins, Cosbys, and Diddys under the jail. And anyone else on that wave.

But this UNSUBSTANTIATED "Jay is next" thing all over Twitter is WEIRD AF to me and is (among many other things) anchored in conspiracy theory, jealousy, and racism (even from fellow Black people). 

I get the sense that he's almost "too much" of a big dog for some that it has now become uncomfortable to bear. He's in rooms and aligned with entities that have him making decisions and a lot of people (including the Rap peers he has blazed past) are giving a "why him?" and "how dare he" tea.

It's all easy to see when considering that if Kendrick was picked for Halftime by an old, grey-haired corporate type, there would literally be zero noise and this Lil Wayne thing would not be...a thing. 

IMO, there's an internalized indoctrination (even amongst us POCs) that the people pulling the strings ought to look like the people who have always been in positions of seniority and pulling the strings: old caucasian men. One would think having one of us (POC) in position would actually inspire, but it's giving that it's actually rattling the people who should in theory be inspired by it. 

Make it make sense. 

And I'm sorry but I question the intelligence of anyone dissecting Bey's lyrics in regards to a Jay takedown. Like, please be serious.

• Like 2

Bey is an embodiment of ride or die. She means and feels what she says and it reflects both in her career and her relationship with Jay Zed. So even in this "hypothetical" Jay goes to prison scenario, she will support him and be there for him. And no... not by some stupid go to prison with him nonsense. And if something really damning comes out, she will be heartbroken and feel betrayed (and we will get banger albums out of it). 

Alas... all of this is nonsense. I'm a jay fan too and this is just stupidity. Half of this recent downfall talk is fueled by nicki and her bullshit. The other is just general hatred of Jay, the Carters, conspiracy theorists, racism etc. And it has been going on since forever. The Carters represent the American Dream (or what it once was) in a way that no one else does. And despite their fame, success, money, businesses, scandals, longevity + relevance, they are still here making moves and going strong - all while remaining "sane", not breaking under fame and money, and managing to raise a family and preserving their privacy. They in many ways pull off the unthinkable. This extends to many always looking for ways to bring them down and cut them to size. For many bitter people, bringing Jay down is also a way to cut Bey down to size. 

Keep dreaming. 

Also like @Cbreezy said above. The Carters strongly believe in getting richer and more successful in every way being the way they make a difference and secure an everlasting legacy. You might not agree and have a far more complex and anti-capitalist worldview of meaningful change etc. But it is what the Carters believe and is part of their "realism" in how to proceed. It can inspire but also piss off people. It is what it is. One might think Jay would be praised for the people he has been selecting for the halftime show - just look at the choices. But it has somehow become a controversy (due to bitter people) that has evolved into conspiracy. Lmao. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

She already ditched his ass after shortly before Lemonade and only reconciled because she basically demanded that his ass is tied to her for the rest of their lives #clingywife. That's why you don't see them separated for more than a few days post 2015/16.

I don't doubt almost getting divorced changed their marriage, but it's honestly normal for a couple with three children to not spend more than a few days apart.

It was actually abnormal before when they'd spend weeks apart while she was touring the world with a one year old. I wouldn't be surprised if she partly blames herself for his affair because she was gone so much. Not that she has any blame, but that's a pretty common response to infidelity. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

since the trilogy started i always imagined that she will have one more thing to accomplish before becoming a legacy act, and that is to do a self-written and self-produced rnb album with personal songs that show who she is the best. doubt something like that would happen, but i do expect the album that follows act iii to be pure rnb 

I see this too. In the vain of Destiny Fulfilled.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.