Beyoncé

Kisuke

13 minutes ago, mons†er said:

well to be fair her fans have ALWAYS dragged her. From the 'Deja Vu' video petition, to when she did those bangs, to when she did that GMA announcement. I mean she does it to herself. Her own fanbase even told her to be quiet and let us drag when she tried to tell us to calm down. She knows how ruthless we are. :toofunny3: 

lol nah, the few instances from back in the day is nothing. It was never louder than the actual fandom. In recent years these new/young/bored hive are on some other stuff. I tend to stay out of this thread because I feel there's an undercurrent of persistent negativity towards her (and entitlement) under the guise of "jokes." Maybe it's just on this site, which should be of no surprise, but I don't be feeling a lot of the other fans here. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 116k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

1 minute ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

lol nah, the few instances from back in the day is nothing. It was never louder than the fandom. In recent years these new/young/bored hive are on some other stuff. I tend to stay out of this thread because I feel there's an undercurrent of persistent negativity (and entitlement) under the guise of "jokes." Maybe it's just on this site, which should be of no surprise, but I don't be feeling a lot of the other fans here. 

I have to disagree especially because now she genuinely doesn't care if the fans are upset or not. Beyonce will let them seethe and be on her billionaire way, compared to back in the day when she couldn't escape the criticism even on twitter. (Even on her burner account, back in the day social media was a way wilder place as well.) 

I actually have moved from Twitter to here because with the people I connect with here, there's an understanding that we really love Beyoncé but we're here to have fun. For the most part the icons that post in this thread regularly all love Beyonce and while I know we all want her to do more, we've all accepted with Beyonce at this point. Good, bad, indifferent, personal viewpoints, etc. 

Twitter Hive is very much the ghetto. 

6 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Why does everything have to be so deep with her? It's just whisky, girl.

GRH_8z0WsAAzDBi.thumb.jpeg.436e3e2e1ebc9

at least she didn't talk about more dead relatives this time 

GRH_8z0WsAAzDBi.thumb.jpeg.436e3e2e1ebc9

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, mons†er said:

I have to disagree especially because now she genuinely doesn't care if the fans are upset or not. Beyonce will let them seethe and be on her billionaire way, compared to back in the day when she couldn't escape the criticism even on twitter. (Even on her burner account, back in the day social media was a way wilder place as well.) 

I actually have moved from Twitter to here because with the people I connect with here, there's an understanding that we really love Beyoncé but we're here to have fun. For the most part the icons that post in this thread regularly all love Beyonce and while I know we all want her to do more, we've all accepted with Beyonce at this point. Good, bad, indifferent, personal viewpoints, etc. 

Twitter Hive is very much the ghetto. 

chile when you said back in the day, I thought you meant BACK in the day lol You mentioning Twitter brings everything into focus. The behavior/comments are definitely a symptom of this social media era we've been in and that is around the time new hive started coalescing. I don't be on Twitter like that, especially these days. It peaked well over a decade ago. 

Or maybe the jokes don't hit like they used to for me... but again this could be just this place lol

3 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

lol nah, the few instances from back in the day is nothing. It was never louder than the actual fandom. In recent years these new/young/bored hive are on some other stuff. I tend to stay out of this thread because I feel there's an undercurrent of persistent negativity towards her (and entitlement) under the guise of "jokes." Maybe it's just on this site, which should be of no surprise, but I don't be feeling a lot of the other fans here. 

The Déjà vu video petition was crazy, that video is great. Idk what stans were thinking back in the day. The rest of the "drags" were mostly playful and not serious. The "negativity" started during the Renaissance era after she stopped performing and releasing music videos (aka things that made most people stans in the first place) and started shoving various products in our faces to buy. And she dialed that to a 100 during the CC "era", of course her stans are upset. The only "visuals" that we had during this era were commercials. I am sure most of people here still love her, but we are just frustrated with her behavior.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My drags are typically in jest. I don't actually feel strongly about her one way or another at this point if I'm being completely honest.

I find I check here less and less often and I even went ahead and turned her post notifications off on Instagram. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, RedOne said:

The Déjà vu video petition was crazy, that video is great. Idk what stans were thinking back in the day. The rest of the "drags" were mostly playful and not serious. The "negativity" started during the Renaissance era after she stopped performing and releasing music videos (aka things that made most people stans in the first place) and started shoving various products in our faces to buy. And she dialed that to a 100 during the CC "era", of course her stans are upset. The only "visuals" that we had during this era were commercials. I am sure most of people here still love her, but we are just frustrated with her behavior.

I noticed it long before that though. Look, I too miss her performing everywhere and seeing music videos but the bolded statements are kinda wild to me :toofunny2: It is really not that serious. I feel like some of you need to get offline and go touch some grass or at least stop investing most/all your energy into one artist so you won't be disappointed when they don't always move how you expect them to and jump when you want them to. Let her do her victory lap the way she wants and live her life. She's already given so much to music and entertainment.

Also, the music is still very much here and that is what made ME a stan in the first place. If her music alone will never be good enough after everything then I don't know what to tell ya.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Doogle said:

this is sending meeeee

No one hates her more than her own fans rn these used to be the drags reserved for haters 

1 hour ago, Click Clack said:

hdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdd

not too much btch, it's her birthday!

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Girl i thought i got her good with my Lemonade drag, but you literally took it above and beyond. Im CACKLING at the accuracy :ahh:

Listen I love our queen. But since she clearly hates us and doesn't want to promote her music (the reason why ALL of us stan her) I just expect her to shut up and sing atp.

I swear if the visuals give Lemonade monologue I'm unstanning for good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Social media, especially many Blacks on social media DRAG Beyoncé daily. There are these "think pieces" created EVERY DAY, where people try to validate their hate for her. 

#blacks

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People flap their gums about Beyonce every single day and she pays them no attention like she should.

Others need to follow suit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

No no, you are correct and Im proud to be part of that

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Texas Hold 'Em is still my fav single released by anyone this year. :gayoncecat3:

It's just so fun and always gets me moving, much like Cuff It.

• Thanks 5

There is a WDYLM mash up with Rain On Me, and it's actually really good

5 hours ago, king_queen said:

She always sounds like she's reading with her finger :jonny2:

No birthday wishes?

keri-hilson-happy-birthday-beyonce.gif

But in all seriousness, i think it's because of the criticism for how she speaks she's now far too rehearsed. It's like every single word has been already thought out which ironically makes her speech worse and unnatural.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

No birthday wishes?

keri-hilson-happy-birthday-beyonce.gif

But in all seriousness, i think it's because of the criticism for how she speaks she's now far too rehearsed. It's like every single word has been already thought out which ironically makes her speech worse and unnatural.

She was heavily criticized during the DC days for being "rude" for lack of a less appropriate term. Something switched when she went solo. Her interviews became more and more manufactured which made her sound…dull (for lack of a less appropriate term). In time, there have been celebrities (Rihanna, Kim K, Taylor, Kanye) who have seen more success, not bc they make better music or are more talented (or are even more likable) but bc they seem GENUINE. Even if they aren't 100% PC…even if they stutter or something…you can tell they are being THEM. And that is something we haven't seen from Beyoncé in a very, very long time.

Now as a fan, idgaf about that. Im not her friend nor will I ever be. But favé has been marketed as a world-class musician and performer since day one and if she wants to branch out and play the influencer game, I'm sorry she just simply needs to do better. We haven't even seen her take one sip of SirDavis :biblio: Alcohol lowers your inhibitions yet in the ad for an 88 proof whiskey, she sounds robotic :biblio: Like gurl just stick to music if you're going to suck THIS MUCH at branding. At least we know the tour will sell…

Edited by king_queen
  • Thanks 1

So when are we getting new Mufasa bops?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

My drags are typically in jest. I don't actually feel strongly about her one way or another at this point if I'm being completely honest.

I find I check here less and less often and I even went ahead and turned her post notifications off on Instagram. 

She lost 3 million instagram followers this year. She is clearly doing something wrong if half the base no longer stans. This goes back to my theory that I was dragged for. She has inside knowledge of the world ending soon and wants us to focus on our friends and family instead of her. That's what she's doing. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

While we are still dragging her for a birthday gift I have further suspicions for her losing main Grammy categories. Why is she collabing with people and not meeting them? Recording in different studios is expected but how do you make a whole song and never even have a phone call? She never spoke to Post. Didn't talk face to face with Miley at the Grammys despite sitting right across from one another. Spoke to Dolly through some flowers. I don't think Willie Jones, Shaboozey, or the black bird girls met her. The only person that did get to talk to her is someone she views to be on her level… Paul McCartney. I used be under the impression that her song writers would meet her in her song writing dungeon but apparently only the ones with certain privileges do. I doubt Ryan Beatty has gotten to even introduce himself and he wrote 4 songs on the album and from my math has made less than 10k assuming royalties are split evenly.

When these collaborators have conversations with their peers, their team, other entertainers about how they never got to interact with her or heard back and their pay sucked it fuels rumors that she is an arrogant diva. This is Jay Z and Tina's fault. Matthew would've never let her career decline like this. Once she officially retires she will have a Janet legacy. Only hardcore stans will care and everyone else will be asking who she is in 20 years. 

Edited by Fleahive

11 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

While we are still dragging her for a birthday gift I have further suspicions for her losing main Grammy categories. Why is she collabing with people and not meeting them? Recording in different studios is expected but how do you make a whole song and never even have a phone call? She never spoke to Post. Didn't talk face to face with Miley at the Grammys despite sitting right across from one another. Never spoke to Dolly. I don't think Willie Jones, Shaboozey, or the black bird girls met her. I used be under the impression that her song writers would meet her in her song writing dungeon but apparently one the ones with certain privileges do. I doubt Ryan Beatty has gotten to even introduce himself and he wrote 4 songs on the album and from my math has made less than 10k assuming royalties are split evenly.

When these collaborators have conversations with their peers, their team, other entertainers about how they even spoke to her or heard back from her it's a bad look. Not saying working with = a meet and greet but not even a face time? Hell the only person we know of that did get a face time was the original singer/songwriter of Blackbird. Does she only contact people she views to be on her level? She needs to step her social skills up if she wants that aoty so bad which we all know she does. Michael Jackson was just as shy but he still made appearances and befriended randoms in the industry. Yall know he was besties with Zac efron? Speaking of Zac he also performed with Beyoncé at the Oscars and I bet he never even got to shake her hand. Channing Tatum talked about his performance with Beyonce in an interview last week and said the whole thing was rushed and she briefly greeted him while getting wardrobe ready and then dipped after it ended. I know Mama Tina wrote a post longer than mine dissing fans that accused her of having social anxiety but she clearly does and she has all the resources in the world to get the help she needs. Bye #pallativecare

Lol ur all over the place.

She simply doesnt **** with the Hollywood bubble, probably finds a lot of their convos super lame and superficial. Add to that she's probably paranoid about who to trust, has kids tonworry about and a man whos probably getting offers to hook up everywhere he goes.

Then theres the whole aspect of her being so filthy rich - whats the motivation to socialize with people who clearly just try to use u for cloud when u literally have no gain from hanging witj them. You've accomplished it all.

The only thing im truly pissed at is the fact shes not grateful towards US (and I dont care if she says she is, she doesnt show through her actions)

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Lol ur all over the place.

She simply doesnt **** with the Hollywood bubble, probably finds a lot of their convos super lame and superficial. Add to that she's probably paranoid about who to trust, has kids tonworry about and a man whos probably getting offers to hook up everywhere he goes.

Then theres the whole aspect of her being so filthy rich - whats the motivation to socialize with people who clearly just try to use u for cloud when u literally have no gain from hanging witj them. You've accomplished it all.

The only thing im truly pissed at is the fact shes not grateful towards US (and I dont care if she says she is, she doesnt show through her actions)

Omg why did you catch it before my edit. I reread and knew I looked crazier than normal so I had to fix it. What would you like her to do for fans? I loved the shout outs during concerts. I wish she would send fans merch instead of celebs. Hire someone for $7 an hour to control her TikTok and post hearts on her fans posts that dance and sing to her music. But besides that idk what else she should do to show her appreciation. 

Edited by Fleahive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.