Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 minute ago, Red Velvet said:

There's no such thing as a chart obsessed fan.

Doing well on the charts just means that the music has reached the mass audience. 

She is failing to do this hence the streaming numbers which is fine. But at least entertain the fans still remaining.

She thinks not caring about the charts = drop music and dip. That's boring for people outside her core fanbase after a week or two.

Meh. She's not changing, so I really don't care and neither does she. She's been like this for over 10 years. It's a waste of energy and time to constantly complain about it. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

While it's nice that she admits that she did use to care a lot…she has over corrected. Intentionally kneecapping her project's peaks is a bad move especially when her team is so large. But I get the sense that she's not going to change so, oh well! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

She thinks not caring about the charts = drop music and dip. That's boring for people outside her core fanbase after a week or two.

That's boring for people in the core fanbase. :rip: 

It doesn't have much bearing on my life and I will continue to enjoy her music, but I'm pretty disengaged from her and don't have that hype I used to. I'd spend a ridiculous amount of money buying all the vinyls, all the merch, Ivy Park, etc. and now I have no motivation to spend on her. I don't think I'll go see the next tour 4 times like I did RWT, either

• Thanks 6

This era is more of a success than Bey ever planned for. She said before that she didn't expect Renaissance to be received as well as it was. She (and we) certainly didn't expect to get two #1 singles and the success of Cuff It. So this era has already surpassed her expectations. And I don't want to jinx act iii but I feel like we'll probably get another #1 with its lead single. She knows that we're gonna support it regardless so she doesn't feel the need to push it.

• Like 3

spacer.png

• Haha 5

In any Beyoncé interview over the last 10 years, she's essentially said the same thing in regards to promotion: She doesn't feel the need to do much of it anymore and nobody is changing her mind.

I don't know what's taken some people so long to get that…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, yonsé said:

weird that of all places she gives the hollywood reporter an exclusive interview? 

Not really. After Variety's near-instant reporting of her Renny leaks and multiple twitter postings about it that night from both staff writer personal pages and the main publication page, they have proven that they cannot be trusted.

They're the college professor whose class you excel in but they consistently give hints that they really don't want you specifically to succeed. The type to smile in your face, but sabotage you when you're not in the room and it's time to give a reference on your behalf. Even Billboard magazine can get a little messy sometimes... so she made the right choice.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

There's no such thing as a chart obsessed fan.

Doing well on the charts just means that the music has reached the mass audience. 

She is failing to do this hence the streaming numbers which is fine. But at least entertain the fans still remaining.

Honey, if you go outside, people who actually love beyonce..just love her music. They don't know a damn thing about chart placement. They just love her music. 

• Thanks 2

Not caring about charts doesn't need to equate to ignoring, alienating, trolling, and borderline scamming your stans. But sure Neck, we're all so happy that you're not haunted by the Billboard Hot 100 anymore. What a relief

ezgif-3-0d9686f063.thumb.jpeg.1188d82c1c

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Walmart was playing Tyrant today...

No judgement, I had to get cleaning supplies :rip:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

Honey, if you go outside, people who actually love beyonce..just love her music. They don't know a damn thing about chart placement. They just love her music. 

Yea that's why every tiktok that asks about their favorite Beyoncé song they're saying **** like Halo, Single Ladies, or Drunk in Love. They can't say anything else because Beyoncé hasn't been musically relevant to them since 2008/2013. It's embarrassing!

If she doesn't care about success that's fine. Let your team handle it. That's what they are there for. Also, promoting your music takes nothing away from her talent/acclaim/integrity. Upload a music video, show some behind the scenes, post an insta/tweet about your work, and keep it moving.

• Like 6

can't believe our page 4444 gift was a paragraph of stuff she already told us a million times :suburban:

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Not caring about charts doesn't need to equate to ignoring, alienating, trolling, and borderline scamming your stans. But sure Neck, we're all so happy that you're not haunted by the Billboard Hot 100 anymore. What a relief

ezgif-3-0d9686f063.thumb.jpeg.1188d82c1c

This. I don't think most of us here care about charts either. I mean, it's nice that she is still selling well and gets #1s, but if she didn't and the music was the same quality it wouldn't change much. It's about having a connection to the fans and crafting at least some semblance of an "era". If that equates to "promo" and "charts" in her mind, then yeah, we do have a problem. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yonsé said:

weird that of all places she gives the hollywood reporter an exclusive interview? 

I'd like to chime in to point out that she did NOT give an exclusive interview, she just sent "a statement."

So it is quite likely that Yvette wrote that nonsense about "arts, not charts" on her iPhone and emailed THR :deadbanana4: Bey probably just looked at it and approved.

• Haha 2

"I don't care about charts" :isudumblmao: Lmao, cool. We get it. And I really don't care either

Don't release 20 vinyls variants just to go numer 1. Don't invite trendy mumble rappers just cause they can help you score a hit. Don't release the catchy pop song your label tells you to release. Don't do cringy Jimmy Fallon appearances or post on Tik Tok. All of that is fine by me, don't chase the chart success by any means :clap3:

But god dammit... you released a stellar body of work that you claim to love. You really don't feel the need to perform the songs you poured your heart into? Release a few music videos? Have an in-depth interview with some nerdy music youtube journalist who will ask you deep questions about your art? :biblio:

Mkay girl. Better ghost your project and your fans instead. How edgy and different of you :juanny:

Edited by aaron511
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

"I don't care about charts" :isudumblmao: Lmao, cool. We get it. And I really don't care either

Don't release 20 vinyls variants just to go numer 1. Don't invite trendy mumble rappers just cause they can help you score a hit. Don't release the catchy pop song your label tells you to release. Don't do cringy Jimmy Fallon appearances or post on Tik Tok. All of that is fine by me, don't chase the chart success by any means :clap3:

But god dammit... you released a stellar body of work that you claim to love. You really don't feel the need to perform the songs you poured your heart into? Release a few music videos? Have an in-depth interview with some nerdy music youtube journalist who will ask you deep questions about your art? :biblio:

Mkay girl. Better ghost your project and your fans instead. How edgy and different of you :juanny:

Spill. That attitude of hers is obviously her prerogative since its her career and Art, but its such a turnoff

Another thing… she doesn't get excited by charts and sales so no promo is fine. But, selling shampoo and clothing gets her heart pumping? Because she's definitely not afraid to promote that stuff :clown:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Anvarie said:

Another thing… she doesn't get excited by charts and sales so no promo is fine. But, selling shampoo and clothing gets her heart pumping? Because she's definitely not afraid to promote that stuff :clown:

it's not like she's doing a ton for Cecred either :deadbanana4: she's doing more for shampoo than her album, in comparison.

but all she's doing for Cecred is a launch party, a short video, and reposting some bullshit awards on her instagram. RENAISSANCE promo tea :deadbanana2:

Never

At No Time

Never 

All I know is Bey is releasing the visuals. I just don't know when. I wonder how those Celebs who did the Cameos feel

please, let an era be a financial loss and lets see what happens.

Unless she has more resorts in homophobic countries willing to give her $20 million

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Burn said:

never forget. the Kittens really thought :lmao:

askfjASHFJASKJFN I forgot about this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.