• Mitsouko

3 hours ago, Burn said:

how do people hate LEVII'S JEANS :psyduck:

it's bland, pedestrian and completely beneath her, plus post sounds like ASS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I just don't buy it. To me, it seems shes HORRIBLE at time management, always does everything last minute and then gets stressed and needs xyz months of free time afterwards. Explains the last minute changes every time, the botched eras, etc. There's no structure and she gets a pass for this because shes a great singer/performer. Shes really not good at Management tbh

i kind of agree. i can see the visuals being scrapped/shelved because she rushed into production and didn't like the result. she goes between doing too much at once to nothing at all 

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I just don't buy it. To me, it seems shes HORRIBLE at time management, always does everything last minute and then gets stressed and needs xyz months of free time afterwards. Explains the last minute changes every time, the botched eras, etc. There's no structure and she gets a pass for this because shes a great singer/performer. Shes really not good at Management tbh

buy what? she did literally everything i described in just 4 years. recording 3 albums, planning a tour, shooting TWO visual albums, and a juggling several brands is not hard work? ok girl lol

you can be mad she doesn't interact with y'all the way you want but she works hard. no one is working harder than her in terms of pop stars. 

• Thanks 1

I think she still works hard, but nowadays she only works on stuff that will bring her the most profit. Lion King, BIK (which ended up on Disney+), Ivy Park, Tiffany, Dubai performance, RWT, Cé Noir, Renaissance film, Cécred, Verizon ad (which I'm sure they paid her a lot for), Lion King again (cute check for her AND Blue Ivy). And one of the reasons why we still haven't seen the visuals, that keeps popping up, is that nobody wanted to pay the money that she asked for them. She is not interested in crafting at least some semblance of an era for the fans, because there is not much ROI on putting a live performance (from her back yard or an award show), a music video or behind the scences footage for free on her Youtube channel or Instagram.

That is the Beyoncé of 2020s for me and she hasn't shown me anything else this decade to disprove it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Buckin' getting some attention on tiktok with a dance challenge

Riverdance dance challenge has over 50k videos now

57 minutes ago, RedOne said:

I think she still works hard, but nowadays she only works on stuff that will bring her the most profit. Lion King, BIK (which ended up on Disney+), Ivy Park, Tiffany, Dubai performance, RWT, Cé Noir, Renaissance film, Cécred, Verizon ad (which I'm sure they paid her a lot for), Lion King again (cute check for her AND Blue Ivy). And one of the reasons why we still haven't seen the visuals, that keeps popping up, is that nobody wanted to pay the money that she asked for them. She is not interested in crafting at least some semblance of an era for the fans, because there is not much ROI on putting a live performance (from her back yard or an award show), a music video or behind the scences footage for free on her Youtube channel or Instagram.

That is the Beyoncé of 2020s for me and she hasn't shown me anything else this decade to disprove it.

I'm kinda over all major pop stars for this reason tbh. Since Fenty Beauty did what it did, it seems like most of them are just trying on different businesses every couple years hoping something sticks so they can get their own cash cow. 

And with the world in the state its in, it's harder and harder to watch these mega rich people always want more and more. Like, I won't get started on the Dubai debate again, but the fact she's withholding her tours because she can't get enough money for streaming is super annoying. I bet she saw the payout Taylor got for Eras on streaming and refused to take less even though RWT was frankly, talent aside, just not worth as much to studios purely by the numbers. 

Like you really can't do anything for the fans that have stuck by you for 25 years? It's not like it would hurt her pockets to just release the film to streaming.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RedOne said:

this is a correct assessment. if theres no money involved, she ain't doing it.

a lot of times thats to our detriment like @ShouldersSideways said

• Like 1

it's annoying that yes, she's at her creative peak, but she also keeps treating us like walking piggy banks rather than fans

• Like 2

I think Bey just don't like the music industry but loves to perform. I think Bey feels like she doesn't fit in with the new industry. I know deep inside she hates that untalented ******* be given praises left and right for being mediocre while she have to give her all

I've always found weird why George Michael sang IIWAB with Beyoncé on the I Am... Tour and months ago I found the reason why :giraffe:

From an interview to Manfred Thierry Mugler by Numéro:

spacer.png

Numéro Homme: Why made you decide to give up fashion in 2003?

Manfred Thierry Mugler: Mainly because fashion was an incredible means of artistic expression in the 70s, 80s and 90s, but it wasn't like that anymore in the 2000s when creation was completely stifled by marketing and business. Not to mention the most infernal pace and impossible deadlines to keep up with between the cruise collections, the pre-collections, the menswear and the womenswear, the ready-to-wear, the haute couture… You just have to look at all the designers who've either lost it or decided to quite while the going's good. I have to say that I always saw fashion as a very useful and exciting vector for stage direction, but one that has limits. For 20 years my heart broke having to refuse video and performance projects because I simply didn't have enough time. To shoot a video in Los Angeles for example, you had to be reactive within three weeks, and so I missed out on doing films for Cher – in her heyday -  Aretha Franklin, Bette Midler and so many others. Although as you must know I did find time to make Too Funky for George Michael…

… Yeah now we're on this subject why exactly did you two fall out on that set? People have been asking the question for 20 years now.

It's quite simple: George had promised me by email – the day before the shoot, that we were in complete agreement over the script, the story-board and the editing of the video. He said he didn't want to be in it, unlike all his other videos. So far so good. The next morning, I arrived on set at the Boulogne Studios, where almost 500 people were waiting: one hell of a team, dancers from all over the world, from Japan and Australia, all the top models – Linda, Eva, Nadja, Tyra –, incredible people like Rossy de Palma and Julie Newmar – who played Catwoman in the first Batman – and the female impersonators Lypsinka and Joey Arias… Then George rocks up at 9am and says contrary to everything we'd agreed on, that he wanted shots of him in the video. I told him that was impossible, that the story-board was all sewn up, but I knew he took it badly. We carried on as originally planned for two days but on the last of the shoot he lost it and summoned the whole team to announce: "Mugler is fired. Now I'm the director." There was a deathly silence on the set, no one moved. I didn't know where to put myself. Then Julie Newmar spoke out and said indignantly, "I know all about your dealings in Los Angeles Mr Michael! Know that we're all here for Mugler and not for you!" All the top models then chimed in saying they wouldn't stay if I didn't. So, George stalked out and locked himself in his dressing room, after his bodyguards had tried in vain to throw me out. Anyway, we finished the shoot without him, but he ended up adding shots of himself during the editing. In the credits at the end of the video, you'll notice the words "directed by" are followed by a question mark, for the simple reason he was contractually obliged to acknowledge me as director. To be honest he completely butchered the video for Too Funky in the editing room, and we ended up with something insipid because his only goal was the promotion of his album. He most notably cut the gay and transgender scenes, which seemed a shame considering the royalties from the record went towards the fight against AIDS. It was only years later that we patched things up thanks to Beyoncé…  

How's that?

It's quite a sweet anecdote and pays tribute to George: in 2009 I was in London for the opening of I Am… Beyoncé's world tour, which I was the artistic director of. And just then I got a message from George, funny, adorable… "Hi Thierry, it's George, the poor English queen manipulated by his managers in Los Angeles… But all that's behind us now. You made the most beautiful video of my career… And my dream now is to appear on stage with Beyoncé tonight." So, I called Beyoncé and said, "Okay Miss B, we'll say yes to George on one condition: that he sings If I Were a Boy in a duet with you!" The poor guy was busted in public toilets in LA and had been forced to come out, so I thought that track was very appropriate. Beyoncé was like, "That's fine, that's fine." And so, there was George on stage at the O2 Arena with her singing "If I Were a Boy"! It was a total triumph.

petty queen :-*

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

it's annoying that yes, she's at her creative peak, but she also keeps treating us like walking piggy banks rather than fans

Yup, that is my problem as well. If she did not treat us like money bags and at least cared to put minimal effort into crafting an era (a music video, a live performance, RWT on streaming (which is already fully edited, gathering dust in her vault)) I would not care about her getting her bag in her other numerous ventures, hell I would even buy her perfume and shampoo.

Edited by RedOne

This is a person who owns an $80M mansion and a $200M mansion... in the same city.

:suburban:

Miss me with that works hard bs. Millions work harder. The correct term is she applies herself. Better than anyone. The problem is now she's only applying herself when the payout is mansion-sized. There is no magnanimity. She gets to be richer than god, that's her return on her investment in herself since the 90s. God bless. But her fans' returns on their own investments in her are dwindling with each passing year. Shampoo and olive oil do not count. Falsely advertised, half-baked vinyls do count. Against her.

She wants one foot in the spotlight, one foot out of it, and both hands in our pockets. Nope. Deliver. Upload them visuals, Neck. Put those tours on 4K. You can literally stay in the house, hermit. What's not clicking...

• Like 6

When you google "American World Tour" it redirects you to her tour page. :coffee2:

1 minute ago, bwhansen said:

When you google "American World Tour" it redirects you to her tour page. :coffee2:

spacer.png

so what now

• Haha 1

I meant Americano, sorry :rip:

9 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Her fans' returns on their own investments in her are dwindling with each passing year. Shampoo and olive oil do not count.

what's worse is that there are plenty of things we actually wouldnt mind paying for, but our favorite palliative care patient refuses to even make that an option. greedy AND out of touch, like pick a struggle

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

I meant Americano, sorry :rip:

pretty sure it just brings up recent and current tours because Olivia and Justin are right under it

besides, that would be such a random name for it to have anyway 

56 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

This is a person who owns an $80M mansion and a $200M mansion... in the same city.

Miss me with that works hard bs. Millions work harder. The correct term is she applies herself. Better than anyone. The problem is now she's only applying herself when the payout is mansion-sized. There is no magnanimity. She gets to be richer than god, that's her return on her investment in herself since the 90s. God bless. But her fans' returns on their own investments in her are dwindling with each passing year. Shampoo and olive oil do not count. Falsely advertised, half-baked vinyls do count. Against her.

She wants one foot in the spotlight, one foot out of it, and both hands in our pockets. Nope. Deliver. Upload them visuals, Neck. Put those tours on 4K. You can literally stay in the house, hermit. What's not clicking...

I didn't even buy the latest vinyl because I'm sure it'll be marked down somewhere soon.

moo.png

I'm also not buying Cecred or whatever she's going to do with Ivy Park. At this point I may not even physically buy act iii in any fashion

I haven't been in base in a minute….. y'all doing okay?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Anvarie said:

spacer.png

They dragging bey lmao

22 minutes ago, Anvarie said:

spacer.png

is II MOST UNWANTED still charting? there's your answer

• Haha 1

How close is CC to 2 million units? :sistrens:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.