Beyoncé

Kisuke

24 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Speaking of calling the shots. The way she and Parkwood handle singles and longevity is atrocious. Is part of why AOTY stays out of reach. Outside of the first week they don't do anything else until a month before the Grammys.

Help me. What does it mean to say "Promo has ended"?  Don't the stations keep playing the song if they choose. This sounds like "Columbia stop cutting checks to country radio"

• Like 1

• Replies 111k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

11 minutes ago, Burn said:

album ranking time again methinks

Gwuf.gif

Let me go stan Tyla instead. Doesn't NorAlbum have a cute R and B single dropping. I liked her Rocket album cover.

Gwuf.gif

Edited by Space&Time

33 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Speaking of calling the shots. The way she and Parkwood handle singles and longevity is atrocious. Is part of why AOTY stays out of reach. Outside of the first week they don't do anything else until a month before the Grammys.

She released a Deluxe version of Self Titled during "Grammy promotion" period. She spread performances throughout the months between the Lemonade release and the Grammys performing every song of the album. Neither Beck or Adele did anything to promote their albums towards the Grammys. Let's not put the blame on her because we know that's not what happened. :zzz:

Edited by Draper.
  • Thanks 1

Is II Most Wanted even an official single that's being pushed? I stopped paying attention 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Draper. said:

She released a Deluxe version of Self Titled during "Grammy promotion" period. She spread performances throughout the months between the Lemonade release and the Grammys performing every song of the album. Neither Beck or Adele did anything to promote their albums towards the Grammys. Let's not put the blame on her because we know that's not what happened. :zzz:

We know Beyoncé or black artists for that matter is not going to win AOTY by not promoting. Let's be forreal. Everything has to align, sales, longevity, singles, etc. 

Edited by sillycilla

19 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

Help me. What does it mean to say "Promo has ended"?  Don't the stations keep playing the song if they choose. This sounds like "Columbia stop cutting checks to country radio"

It will still be played if the demand is there or if requested but will naturally be replaced by other singles as more get sent to the stations.

• Like 1

I'm with the idea that Beyoncé is ready to finish up the Acts and drop the visuals and go on tour. I like the November release date, after Grammy submission period. But then again, why not just wait to release ACT III during February 2025. It will be black history Month, the Holidays will be out the way, and she can announce the tour dates for the summer right after.

• Like 1

this is the face of a woman who knows she's not working for the rest of the year :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

I also don't understand the Most Wanted slander. Ballad or not it's a GREAT song and performance by the two and honestly if Parkwood/Columbia was doing what it was supposed to do would definitely be a top 5 hot 100 hit.

21 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

honestly the album should've been called American Requiem. the song perfectly encapsulates the entire album and its theme and i love the title. i also want her to finally have an actual title track again :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

:deadbanana2:

tbf requiem is easier to spell for the grammatically limited than renaissance 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I'm with the idea that Beyoncé is ready to finish up the Acts and drop the visuals and go on tour. I like the November release date, after Grammy submission period. But then again, why not just wait to release ACT III during February 2025. It will be black history Month, the Holidays will be out the way, and she can announce the tour dates for the summer right after.

I have this feeling as well. Considering how much she records (and these songs were recorded over the pandemic), I'm sure she has songs for her 10th, 11th and maybe even 12th albums ready but feels constricted about her three-act promise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

She did it once. :deadbanana2: And even then, it's not really a title track considering the official title is "Dangerously in Love 2".

I just know they think they are eating their promo game because they add random CC song bits to her insta pics nnnn

:suburban:

• Haha 3

Machete
3 hours ago, sillycilla said:

The way she and Parkwood handle singles and longevity is atrocious. Is part of why AOTY stays out of reach.

Sorry, but no. That's not the reason. The reason is because she's a black artist making music that isn't cookie cutter.

This is why I hate how the AOTY discussion is framed only around Bey. It completely erases the clear overall issue.

- "Bey doesn't win AOTY because she doesn't have singles with longevity" -> SZA literally just lost AOTY with an album that has two SMASH future Diamond singles, which is more than what the winner had.

- "Bey doesn't win AOTY because she samples too much and doesn't self-write" -> H.E.R. doesn't, Alicia Keys didn't, SZA hardly does.

Bey could do everything right this era, multiple #1 songs, crazy longevity, campaigning, etc. But she would still lose because she is a black woman (actually black person the same still applies to men like Kendrick & Kanye) making music that makes your average middle-aged soccer mom voter uncomfortable. IASF was the closest she came to AOTY for a reason.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sillycilla said:

We know Beyoncé or black artists for that matter is not going to win AOTY by not promoting. Let's be forreal. Everything has to align, sales, longevity, singles, etc. 

to be fair SZA had all of those things (on top of a compelling narrative and pretty strong Grammy campaign) and they still chose to give AOTY to that lady for a 4th time instead of a Black woman lol 

the Grammys don't care that a Black woman hasn't won AOTY in almost 30 years

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Machete said:

Sorry, but no. That's not the reason. The reason is because she's a black artist making music that isn't cookie cutter.

This is why I hate how the AOTY discussion is framed only around Bey. It completely erases the clear overall issue.

- "Bey doesn't win AOTY because she doesn't have singles with longevity" -> SZA literally just lost AOTY with an album that has two SMASH future Diamond singles, which is more than what the winner had.

- "Bey doesn't win AOTY because she samples too much and doesn't self-write" -> H.E.R. doesn't, Alicia Keys didn't, SZA hardly does.

Bey could do everything right this era, multiple #1 songs, crazy longevity, campaigning, etc. But she would still lose because she is a black woman (actually black person the same still applies to men like Kendrick & Kanye) making music that makes your average middle-aged soccer mom voter uncomfortable. IASF was the closest she came to AOTY for a reason.

And THAT is literally all there needs to be said to this topic :clap3:

The way Texas Hold Em is holding up in France is great, it's a hard market too. 

Spotify yesterday 

Texas #12 

Fortnight #38 -27 

We Can't Be Friends #53

One also just came out and had a video 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Machete said:

Definitely. But none of them have the impact Beyoncé has. If she had an era like thriller (unlikely) or Miseducation of Lauren Hill where it's an undeniable moment/smash she would win. Taylor won over Sza simply because of her tour/phenomal year not the music.

3 hours ago, Space&Time said:

Thats exactly it though, radio is all money, always has been lol.

Renaissance could have been Bey biggest peak era with music videos being released

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Definitely. But none of them have the impact Beyoncé has. If she had an era like thriller (unlikely) or Miseducation of Lauren Hill where it's an undeniable moment/smash she would win. Taylor won over Sza simply because of her tour/phenomal year not the music.

Exactly. I remember Mariah once said, and it's always stuck with me, that the Grammys used to be about the actual quality of the music, but they seem to have changed it now where it's about what the 'bigger' or 'more popular' album is.

It's not how it should be. We have Billboard charts to measure what the most popular music is. The Grammys shouldn't even consider that.

But even stans have now been led into believing that's how it works. On this forum I see people saying "X album had a #1 single and is the best selling album so it should win AOTY". Like no.... that's not how it works. :ace:

Edited by Burn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The AOTY discussions are extra tired at this point because its clear people won't vote for her in that category due to spite. Everyone yelling at the committee that Beyonce deserves it just made her naysayers double down :gaycat6:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

Exactly. I remember Mariah once said, and it's always stuck with me, that the Grammys used to be about the actual quality of the music, but they seem to have changed it now where it's about what the 'bigger' or 'more popular' album is.

It's not how it should be. We have Billboard charts to measure what the most popular music is. The Grammys shouldn't even consider that.

Mariah not sweeping with Emancipation of Mimi is a crime against art

• Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.