Beyoncé

Kisuke

19 minutes ago, kimberly said:

these same men probably say “I knew you were trouble” is their fav ts song. since when are random football players the tastemakers of pop music? especially when Renaissance is very much not for them.

and despite that some of them said CUFF IT, Upgrade U, Drunk in Love, Pray You Catch Me, 1+1, and BREAK MY SOUL. more variety than I would have expected after reading your post lol.

the reality is, not everyone cares to listen to music or check what song is playing when they put on a playlist. majority of music consumption is catalog music (songs older than 2 years). these people aren’t looking through threads about daily streams and “is this song a classic or a flop” threads.

that said, I am surprised none of them said Crazy in Love or random Destiny’s Child songs. 

Actually no, I've seen a lot of those videos. The fave song is spread out with other artists. It's not always the same go to one or two. 

And to be fair, artists like Rih and Taylor have a much larger straight male fanbase so that's why they are familiar with more songs.

Edited by carameldelight

• Replies 116.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

29 minutes ago, QueenB said:

Honestly to add to this, the fact she's not really doing any of her hits either on tour will affect her later on too, when I was in seats people around me were saying "she did too many songs I didnt know" and other people joined in and agreed. Die hard stans may be sick of seeing halo/single ladies/irreplaceable live but that's what the majority of the GP know, the fact you can hear everyone around you be disappointed she plays sweet dreams then just goes back to singing alien superstar :rip: 

This was the biggest mistake, and it’s part of why her recurrents have stalled. It’s great that she did the majority of the album but there’s no reason that along with DIL; halo, listen, MM&I, listen or even IIWAB couldn’t have also shown off her vocal strengths. I even miss hearing irreplaceable. You wouldn’t know that some of these songs were number one for like 10 weeks. Ugh 

And then the randomness of rather die young in the middle of the show.  1+1, All night or xo could have been more suited there.  Survivor after my power as would have been a moment to.

Like @Planet Mars said they need to pivot at some point. And hopefully soon

Edited by sillycilla
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

“probably” so you make that up?

”random football players” when this has been the trend from the beginning. It’s now a pattern :rip: 

also we are not talking about “tastemakers”, we are talking about the GP and this is the perfect group of people to sample!

Even with all the other songs, more than half of the answers were still Irreplaceable and Single Ladies. 10 people picking these 2 songs is a crazy number. Like even 3 would be too much given the quality of her discography.

10 football players do not make a perfect sample group for the GP, a data scientist died reading that :dies:

Single Ladies and Irreplaceable are two of her biggest hits and they came right before streaming killed the monoculture aspect of pop music. I don't know what is so terrible about a bunch of straight, hypermasculine men naming those songs as their favorites.

not to mention most of these players were in middle school and high school back then, so they likely look at those big Beyoncé hits fondly (even if they don't listen to Beyoncé's other music).

I'm not saying Beyoncé hasn't fumbled her bag in streaming and recurrent play with her shenanigans, but I want the complaints to make some sense. Basé has been exhausting these past few days. we need her to serve a FUGLY opening outfit tonight to save us from another round of "if she wants to be a legend..." discussions. :tornado:

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

10 football players do not make a perfect sample group for the GP, a data scientist died reading that :dies:

Single Ladies and Irreplaceable are two of her biggest hits and they came right before streaming killed the monoculture aspect of pop music. I don't know what is so terrible about a bunch of straight, hypermasculine men naming those songs as their favorites.

not to mention most of these players were in middle school and high school back then, so they likely look at those big Beyoncé hits fondly (even if they don't listen to Beyoncé's other music).

I'm not saying Beyoncé hasn't fumbled her bag in streaming and recurrent play with her shenanigans, but I want the complaints to make some sense. Basé has been exhausting these past few days. we need her to serve a FUGLY opening outfit tonight to save us from another round of "if she wants to be a legend..." discussions. :tornado:

That is true people need to realize college football players were born in the 2000s some weren’t even alive and crazy in love came out. They are going to to be most familiar with. I am Sasha fierce and drunk in love that’s it. 

It’s not just this one team. Every football team has been asked the same question and they all gave the same answer. 

All these people talked very fondly of Bey. They clearly like her, and yet they all listed songs that are not even top100 on her discography, songs from 18 years ago :deadbanana4:

This + her streams paint a very clear statement. At this point defending her antics is just a sign of denial

• Like 5

Please stop, college students were there for 4, self titled and lemonade. Lol  And it’s not just college teams being asked this. NFL as well. 

You are basically admitting that her older music isn’t reaching other generations

Edited by sillycilla

26 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

That is true people need to realize college football players were born in the 2000s some weren’t even alive and crazy in love came out. They are going to to be most familiar with. I am Sasha fierce and drunk in love that’s it. 

This just proves that she lost the new generation. Welcome to the point :clap3: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Exactly! They keep running right into it and never connecting the dots 

• Confused 1

She's still hurting from how she treated streaming services with Lemonade. 

That album should not be struggling the way it is and it hurts her numbers overall.

• Like 2

Ok y’all, after marinating on this album for a while I’m here to confirm:

I’m that girl, cozy, alien superstar, cuff it OUTDOES the initial punch of Pray you catch me, hold up, don’t hurt yourself, 6 inch.

It’s just too epic. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

It’s not just this one team. Every football team has been asked the same question and they all gave the same answer. 

All these people talked very fondly of Bey. They clearly like her, and yet they all listed songs that are not even top100 on her discography, songs from 18 years ago :deadbanana4:

This + her streams paint a very clear statement. At this point defending her antics is just a sign of denial

this exaggeration :dies:

random straight men naming Irreplaceable and Single Ladies to this day only speaks to how far-reaching and massive those songs were.

her streams do not compare to contemporary hit makers because she locked up her music on Tidal and did not focus on singles since 4. we went over this in like 500 of the 3034 pages of this thread. 

• Thanks 1

do y'all want Beyoncé to make 2-minute TikTok songs, collab with Ice Spice and sing about high school crushes? 

what will convince you that there isn't much she can do as an artist maturing out of the spotlight to capture teens like a certain 33 year-old hitmaker? that grown adults don't stream her and her music alone, like fans of other more "streaming-friendly" artists are?

Beyoncé is really the only relevant name to Gen Z among her ACTUAL peers in the industry. that keeps being erased in these discussions for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

I have been known the point, and repeated the point several times in this thread thank you very much. 

4 minutes ago, kimberly said:

do y'all want Beyoncé to make 2-minute TikTok songs, collab with Ice Spice and sing about high school crushes? 

what will convince you that there isn't much she can do as an artist maturing out of the spotlight to capture teens like a certain 33 year-old hitmaker? that grown adults don't stream her and her music alone, like fans of other more "streaming-friendly" artists are?

Beyoncé is really the only relevant name to Gen Z among her ACTUAL peers in the industry. that keeps being erased in these discussions for some reason.

Get them Kimmy!

20 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

She's still hurting from how she treated streaming services with Lemonade. 

That album should not be struggling the way it is and it hurts her numbers overall.

That could be fixed if she just put the movie on Netflix. A lot of people would never have seen it. 

8 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Without TikTok this era would’ve been in the gutter since August 1st of last year. We are not above it.

She also frequently works with Dj Khaled, so she isn’t above Ice Spice either. And now that you bring it up. Beyoncé on a drill beat would be major! I highkey need it.

You can sing about your high school crush at any age. There are many songs like that that don’t sound childish. 

I also dont get why you guys want Bey to retire. She’s only 42 and healthy. She started her antics 10 years ago and now we are seeing how that has affected her legacy and the view is horrible 

• Thanks 2

I truly hope hold up gets a resurgence one day. I’ve been listening to this song on repeat lately. The fact that they heard that obscure sample and turned it into this masterpiece. I can not! 

Bey inviting Meg to do the Houston show last minute so she backed out of Global Citizen :rip: 

The Stallion bolted!

Megan Thee Stallion was going to do her part to “end extreme poverty” worldwide — but then she got a better offer.

Sources tell Page Six that the “unforeseen scheduling conflict” was actually a brand new offer to perform with Queen Bey in their shared home state of Texas.

https://pagesix.com/2023/09/21/megan-thee-stallion-ditched-global-citizen-festival-for-beyonce/

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Paint the town Red - 3:51

What Was I Made For - 3:42

Snooze - 3:21 

Remember Everything - 3:47

Vampire - 3:39

Bad Idea Right - 3:04

Dance the Night - 2:56

Cuff It - 3:45

No Ice Spice or TikTok length needed.

How about she starts treating her songs publicly like she enjoys them and doesnt just ignore them like unwanted children?

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Im sorry but every time you think that Beyoncé is above something (award shows, interviews, other artists, radio etc…) then you have already lost the plot. 
The Beyoncé I know and love is very humble. 

• Like 3

Just going to point out that Madonna at her same age (42) released Music with promo, performances, music videos, a tour, interviews, etc. Beyoncé can't even hit publish on youtube, which is the bare minimum of what we are asking. Her social media team should be taking care of tiktok, look at what some random people did with Cuff It

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, QueenB said:

Just going to point out that Madonna at her same age (42) released Music with promo, performances, music videos, a tour, interviews, etc. Beyoncé can't even hit publish on youtube, which is the bare minimum of what we are asking. Her social media team should be taking care of tiktok, look at what some random people did with Cuff It

Thats the infuriating part (including the fact her own husband gets all of this done - PROPERLY AND TIMELY at 50+ years old). 

Nobody says she should sit there doing this all by herself. But wheres the Team? She has almost unlimited Budget compared to any other musician, she can create teams that do all.the work for her.. yet her handling these past eras (holding Lemonade off streaming for 3 years, and then EIL, TG and Renaissance, which would've died months ago if it wasnt for those randoms coming up with a challenge)

Its literally just crazy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Paint the town Red - 3:51

What Was I Made For - 3:42

Snooze - 3:21 

Remember Everything - 3:47

Vampire - 3:39

Bad Idea Right - 3:04

Dance the Night - 2:56

Cuff It - 3:45

No Ice Spice or TikTok length needed.

How about she starts treating her songs publicly like she enjoys them and doesnt just ignore them like unwanted children?

Doja Cat (27) - broke through 3 years ago

Billie Eilish (21) - broke through 5 years ago, already underperforming besides the song featured in the biggest movie of the year

Olivia Rodrigo (20) - broke through 2 years ago

Dua Lipa (28) - broke through 6 years ago, still no #1 hit or album

Zach Bryan (27) - male country singer that broke out recently in the biggest genre as of late.

why are these people your benchmark for

Beyoncé (43) - broke through 25 years ago, currently on the highest-grossing female tour of all time, more #1's and Grammys than all of these artists combined

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Thats the infuriating part (including the fact her own husband gets all of this done - PROPERLY AND TIMELY at 50+ years old). 

Nobody says she should sit there doing this all by herself. But wheres the Team? She has almost unlimited Budget compared to any other musician, she can create teams that do all.the work for her.. yet her handling these past eras (holding Lemonade off streaming for 3 years, and then EIL, TG and Renaissance, which would've died months ago if it wasnt for those randoms coming up with a challenge)

Its literally just crazy

The fact a fan made tiktok filters of the cozy robot arms and AHAP helmet and they went semi-viral, these are things her team shouldve jumped on 

Madonna is a special beast. She LOVES the spotlight, she craves attention. She was born for this.

I hope Beyoncé doesn't end up like her when she's 65. :coffee2: Sometimes it's good not to follow in the footsteps of a legend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.