Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Glad its not just me. :toofunny3:

The best part is “this is how I moo oo oo oo oove” which she gave us, but yeah, we wanted that other part too. :giraffe:

I‘m also still mad she doesn’t do the “Versace, Bottega, Prada, Balenciaga” part in Summer Rennie. 

19 minutes ago, Otter said:

To me, the best writing on the "pop" Ren songs is Heated. Immaculate.

I’m That Girl and Cozy are my favorite moments lyrically. 

• Like 1

• Replies 116.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

That fleahive member really needs to disappear. Just atrocious. How you compare XTINA to beyonce in 2023....XTINA literally cant move or sing anymore. Like just say you are a hater and keep it moving

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

That fleahive member really needs to disappear. Just atrocious. How you compare XTINA to beyonce in 2023....XTINA literally cant move or sing anymore. Like just say you are a hater and keep it moving

You clearly can’t read because where in my post did I say any of that? 

My least favorite part about local news is when Beyoncé’s tour is the topic and they just have to say “you don’t wanna mess with the beyhive!” At least the news anchor pronounced it bee instead of bay. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

i mean i don’t know why y'all expect Pulitzer prize level lyrics on a dance album about clubbing, dicks and ass  :rip:

Another thing that doesn’t help is the fact that her features are complete ass. You got ******* Shining and Rih got Wild Thoughts lmaoo ? i know that had her Heated.mp3. Top Off ? at your big age ? :lmao: Del Restroom ? sure i like the song but nobody, certainly not Travis Scott fans, wants to hear that lol…

It's 8:30 AM and I'm already cackling

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Cozy is a brilliant song. It could have been an anthem if handled properly but alas..

I've loved it since release but after the tour started it's become top3 for me. Everytime I go out I request this to the dj. The hand sign she does live during the second chorus has become like an inside thing I do with my friends lol. Really what an amazing track. 

I really wonder how the faster version Honey talked about sounds ahh

• Like 1

I don’t have an issue with any of the lyrics on ren it all fits within the context of the album. However that being said the only one that does make my eye socket pop out is “drop it like a thotty”. It ruins a song that I relate to on so many levels. It won’t age well bc of that imo.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I've loved it since release but after the tour started it's become top3 for me. Everytime I go out I request this to the dj. The hand sign she does live during the second chorus has become like an inside thing I do with my friends lol. Really what an amazing track. 

Yes, it was one of the songs I instantly took too. I was too enamored with AS at the time however cozy would have been an amazing single after cuff it, with a special video release. Ugh the possibilities were endless. “Comfortable in my skin, cozy with who I am” was right in their hands for something major culturally. And you are right the tour highlights how amazing it is even more.

I would love to hear what the faster version is like. 

• Like 2

https://x.com/lovingontop/status/1703202671186829694?s=46&t=DBEzweI3pkN0q0I7VG8vbQ

SMH. Considering 2010’s had self titled and lemonade, this is another example of fumbling the bag. I will never understand Parkwood/Bey.  She basically had no presence to the GP musically. And it possibly explains why her back catalog lost momentum.

I love perfect duet, but it being one of her most steamed songs is annoying.

Edited by sillycilla

6 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

imagine the alternative universe in which the intro, the added bass, drums & the horns on the second chorus are part of the studio version :jonnycat:

• Like 2

It’s fine as long as she’s tours she’ll always be the moment.

Sure her recurrent streams aren’t the greatest but she’s doing far better than most and the gap widening as music sales plummet. 

If her next album comes out in less than 6 years she’ll have two charting on BB (probably) 

• Thanks 2

Ok I understand that Beyoncé is a top touring artist but has anyone thought to realize that A LOT of artists right now are experiencing a touring boom since Covid? How will touring look like for her six years from now, if 1) her recurrents aren’t being revisited and 2) she doesn’t release singles?  It’s just not going to sustain otherwise.

Edited by sillycilla

43 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Yes, it was one of the songs I instantly took too. I was too enamored with AS at the time however cozy would have been an amazing single after cuff it, with a special video release. Ugh the possibilities were endless. “Comfortable in my skin, cozy with who I am” was right in their hands for something major culturally. And you are right the tour highlights how amazing it is even more.

I would love to hear what the faster version is like. 

It does take someone braindead to not release Cozy + a MV during a time where gay/trans rights are being attacked and taken away

It coulve been an easy way to raise awareness, gain respect, be of use to society, get a hit that means something and represents the album well, and once again... nothing

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

The majority of the answers being Irreplaceable and Single Ladies but everything is fine :chick3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

The majority of the answers being Irreplaceable and Single Ladies but everything is fine :chick3:

Trump Everythings Fine GIF - Trump Everythings Fine Its Okay - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Machete said:

My biggest concern for Bey isn't even just that her recurrents are bad. If that was always the case it would be whatever and just unfortunate reality. It is the fact that she used to be the ****** LEADER of EVERYONEEEEEE on Spotify when it came to recurrents. 4 used to be outstreaming LOUD, Teenage Dream, The Fame Monster etc.  Halo was MILES above other pop girls recurrent streams in daily, and I mean it literally used to chart on Global Spotify in 2018 for no reason (yes not just V'Day which it don't even re-enter for now) doing +1M :rip: She was basically Taylor before Taylor. Somehow she has seen a massive decline in back catalog relevance and that is worrying asf.

I really hope they turn it around and start prioritizing this.

Lemonade pulling 500k streams a day is genuinely bad and they need to pivot.

• Thanks 2

just found out my internship housing isn’t guaranteed and/or my work might be paused if the government shuts down since it’s in partnership with the NPS even if they don’t pay me directly

the gag if I fly back from the show and have to immediately pack and drive back to Oklahoma 

if the deadline wasn’t literally the weekend of my show I’d just leave early and change my flight, but unfortunately the universe doesn’t want this to be easy

at least I have mother to give me something to look forward to (also Jessie Ware later in October but that’s another base)

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sillycilla said:

Ok I understand that Beyoncé is a top touring artist but has anyone thought to realize that A LOT of artists right now are experiencing a touring boom since Covid? How will touring look like for her six years from now, if 1) her recurrents aren’t being revisited and 2) she doesn’t release singles?  It’s just not going to sustain otherwise.

Honestly to add to this, the fact she's not really doing any of her hits either on tour will affect her later on too, when I was in seats people around me were saying "she did too many songs I didnt know" and other people joined in and agreed. Die hard stans may be sick of seeing halo/single ladies/irreplaceable live but that's what the majority of the GP know, the fact you can hear everyone around you be disappointed she plays sweet dreams then just goes back to singing alien superstar :rip: 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

these same men probably say “I knew you were trouble” is their fav ts song. since when are random football players the tastemakers of pop music? especially when Renaissance is very much not for them.

and despite that some of them said CUFF IT, Upgrade U, Drunk in Love, Pray You Catch Me, 1+1, and BREAK MY SOUL. more variety than I would have expected after reading your post lol.

the reality is, not everyone cares to listen to music or check what song is playing when they put on a playlist. majority of music consumption is catalog music (songs older than 2 years). these people aren’t looking through threads about daily streams and “is this song a classic or a flop” threads.

that said, I am surprised none of them said Crazy in Love or random Destiny’s Child songs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kimberly said:

these same men probably say “I knew you were trouble” is their fav ts song. since when are random football players the tastemakers of pop music? especially when Renaissance is very much not for them.

and despite that some of them said CUFF IT, Upgrade U, Drunk in Love, Pray You Catch Me, 1+1, and BREAK MY SOUL. more variety than I would have expected after reading your post lol.

the reality is, not everyone cares to listen to music or check what song is playing when they put on a playlist. majority of music consumption is catalog music (songs older than 2 years). these people aren’t looking through threads about daily streams and “is this song a classic or a flop” threads.

that said, I am surprised none of them said Crazy in Love or random Destiny’s Child songs. 

“probably” so you make that up?

”random football players” when this has been the trend from the beginning. It’s now a pattern :rip: 

also we are not talking about “tastemakers”, we are talking about the GP and this is the perfect group of people to sample!

Even with all the other songs, more than half of the answers were still Irreplaceable and Single Ladies. 10 people picking these 2 songs is a crazy number. Like even 3 would be too much given the quality of her discography.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.