Beyoncé

Kisuke

Inspired by the Shakira copies taylor thread...

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

7 hours ago, Machete said:

“I Slay” being a Beyoncé coined phrase is most definitely a reach. Like I know you don’t mean she invented it but I promise you no one associates that with her :rip: Hot sauce in my bag would the closest of Lemonade I think (Hillary quoting it :deadbanana4:) but that was left in 2016.

“Face card never declines” would be the closest of Renaissance but it’s local to stan/Gay social media.

Wrong answer forehead!

Today's use of “slay” originates from '80s LGBTQ+ culture.While the exact origins of this slang term are unknown, many believe “slay” started to be used as a compliment by African Americans in the LGBTQ+ community in the 1980s or 1990s.[5] The phrase was used to praise drag performers and quickly became a widely known compliment for all types of performances outside of the queer scene.[6]

• Some records show “slay” being used as early as the 1920s with the phrase “You slay me!” which means “to make someone laugh.”
  • Using “slay” to describe someone who is “killing it” fashionably became mainstream in 2009 with the introduction of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
  • The expression “Yes, queen! Slay!” became popular in 2016 after Beyonce’s song “Formation,” which repeats the phrase “I slay” in the chorus.

2 hours ago, Redporus said:

Thinking about how EOT should have been the lead single from 4 :-*

The only thing good about RTW was its video and the choreo....:-*

Countdown should've been her lead single, the one she performed in all those RTW slots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

****, even LOT wouldve been an amazing lead single to perform, people LOVE that song.

Bey fumbled the 4 era SOoooooooosOOOOOOOOOSssssOOOOOO terribly.

DO NOT bring back memories. 

Like EW.

nene-leakes-annoyed.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shone Ai said:

Ytesswsc

not Yvette jumping to stop the stan account's VMA voting campaign :dies: (the link they posted is a vote for RENAISSANCE when you click)

• Haha 3

Yvette being a mess on Twitter again but this is kinda iconic 

spacer.png

I'd give Teyana something less vocally demanding, more choreo-focused. Diva or Run the World for example.

all the delusional swifties and LM's in #that thread that @Lose My Breath made gave me a cackle

their delusion gives me life 

• Haha 2

What songs from Renaissance do y'all think will be given love in future tour setlists? I feel like AHAP will be the new Diva

31 minutes ago, Devin said:

Which one of u posted this on X app?

what is that?

14 minutes ago, kimberly said:

some of them are so obsessed with Beyoncé and the Hive. it's getting weird...

The way they keep disliking all my posts even in threads that have nothing to do with their fave. Apparently they send screenshots of my posts to their Discord :jonny5:

16 minutes ago, QueenB said:

What songs from Renaissance do y'all think will be given love in future tour setlists? I feel like AHAP will be the new Diva

I see “Cuff It” & “Heated” staying.  I feel like we’ll get interpolations of “Cozy” & “Alien Superstar” as well, maybe in a medley or mash up?  I could also see “Break My Soul” making a comeback.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she let go of all out the songs as she’d have a new project by then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.