Beyoncé

Kisuke

Im gonna put out sth into the universe now:

I want Bey to record a track or do a live performance with Samara Joy and show what an A classic vocalist she is in her own right, even being capable to absolutely devour a jazz-y song

Now THATS a collab the world needs to witness

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Draper. said:

RS gave Lemonade a 100. It was #2 on the year-end list, with Formation at #1 for songs. The album is #2 for the decade. Renaissance was #1, with Cuff It at #2 for songs. She's the most awarded Grammy artist ever.

Yeah, she should have at least 2 AOTY. But saying Bey doesn't get the recognition other artists get is really not it, she absolutely does.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

IMO, she absolutely does not get her fair shake critically. That’s not to say she doesn’t get anything at all. But the fact that we have to keep pointing to Lemonade (her most “serious” branded album) says all there is to say about the supposed “meritocracy” that is the music industry. 

Bey, in many ways, is championed by the people, the culture, her tangible commercial success, and then her critical acclaim. Literally in that order. 

Surely we’re all in agreement that Bey has ample material on both sides of Lemonade that have been deserving of Lemonade’s praise.

Note how the likes of Taylor, Adele, Billie, Olivia and them all have **multiple** projects that are showered with all the love, critical acclaim etc no matter the surrounding circumstance. Multiple. While we largely have…Lemonade. Even when we get a glimmer of hope with Ren, it’s shut out of tangible (key word: tangible) take home honors.

Most of us are hip to the fact that the music industry is not a meritocracy. So, it’s not lost on me that Bey is definitely self sabotaging to a degree by not promoting and not being “as” visible. But at a time when all of the top acts are skewing “mysterious”, I can’t even hold her mystery as the primary justification for her not getting her dues.  Plus…when you see the likes of Kendrick (a consistently “serious” skewing Black artist) constantly getting shut out in favour of Taylor, Billie, Harry,  and them, we really can’t act like we’re not seeing the obvious. 

Rosie Odonnell’s review of the show. She goes off topic a couple times but still an amazing review. She was gagged

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT82C7Dwm/

she said she’s going to see Gaga, Madonna, Pink, Melissa Etheridge and a bunch other female artists :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Note how the likes of Taylor, Adele, Billie, Olivia and them all have **multiple** projects that are showered with all the love, critical acclaim etc no matter the surrounding circumstance. Multiple. While we largely have…Lemonade. Even when we get a glimmer of hope with Ren, it’s shut out of tangible (key word: tangible) take home honors.

Say whatever.

Beyoncé:

Lemonade -9 100s

Homecoming - 1 100 (out of 6 reviews)

Renaissance - 6 100s

Olivia:

SOUR - 0 100s

GUTS - 3 100s

Billie:

WWAFAWDWG - 3 100s

Happier Than Ever - 1 100

Adele:

21 - 2 100s (both from UK media which is quite chavinistic)

25 - 2 100s

30 - 3 100s

Taylor:

1989 - 0 100s

reputation - 0 100s

Lover - 0 100s

folklore - 4 100s

evermore - 2 100s

Fearless TV - 2 100s

Red TV - 2 100s

Midnights - 3 100s

Speak Now TV - 0 100s

Not to mention Bey got an 8.0 and an 8.8 for 4 and Self-Titled respectively when the rest of them were not even getting reviewed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new Rodarte collection is giving Brown Skin Girl visual

spacer.png

I believe Lupita wore Rodarte in the video so it was clearly on their moodboard. Her fashion impact is insane 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Draper. said:

RS gave Lemonade a 100. It was #2 on the year-end list, with Formation at #1 for songs. The album is #2 for the decade. Renaissance was #1, with Cuff It at #2 for songs. She's the most awarded Grammy artist ever.

Yeah, she should have at least 2 AOTY. But saying Bey doesn't get the recognition other artists get is really not it, she absolutely does.

This might sound like stan delusion but yes she does not get the recognition she deserves. Kanye himself pointed out that winning only in the hip hop/ rnb categories is stifling and it keeps you in a box. Almost all of her awards are rnb related, no Album of the year wins and a couple wins in the main categories.

The committees are hypocrites, they said Beck won because his album was more critically acclaimed and less commercial and then turned around to say Lemonade wasn't big commercially and no on heard it.

Edited by carameldelight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

I really wish she hadn’t given up on releasing singles. Energy sounds like a multi format smash

THIS! 

Oooooooooh I kind of like this other theory about the 3 ACTS. Since we don’t have much to discuss, I like going down rabbit holes 

Comment from TikTok

@Feranmi: I BEEN NEW!!! ITS THE MUSICAL ERAS! RENNAISANCE, BAROQUE, ROMANTIC, CLASSICAL AND MODERN!!! GET TO KNOW

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRWTxdKk/

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Im gonna put out sth into the universe now:

I want Bey to record a track or do a live performance with Samara Joy and show what an A classic vocalist she is in her own right, even being capable to absolutely devour a jazz-y song

Now THATS a collab the world needs to witness

Let me quote myself so my wish becomes reality

@sillycilla Renaissance is not a musical era, so that theory is garbage

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, carameldelight said:

This might sound like stan delusion but yes she does not get the recognition she deserves. Kanye himself pointed out that winning only in the hip hop/ rnb categories is stifling and it keeps you in a box. Almost all of her awards are rnb related, no Album of the year wins and a couple wins in the main categories.

The committees are hypocrites, they said Beck won because his album was more critically acclaimed and less commercial and then turned around to say Lemonade wasn't big commercially and no on heard it.

You're mixing many things. Kanye said it about the VMAs, but she's actually won every category there. She's their most awarded artist, and they even nominated her 4 times this year WITHOUT releasing videos.

The Grammys have an issue with racism. That's where she is not winning outside of RnB categories. It's obvious, and it's been pointed out. Huge artists like Drake, The Weeknd and Frank don't even submit their work anymore, and I'm sure Bey thinks the same as them. But she can't do that because unlike them she actually wins awards and everyone would turn it into a "Beyoncé thinks she's a goddess"/she's a diva/she's ungrateful issue.

And the Grammy's never said anything about Beck being more acclaimed, they don't give reasons to their decisions and well, he WASN'T more acclaimed. Just google the facts. About Lemonade, I don't even know how I was listening back then. If she relesed exclusively on Tidal today I'd probably wouldn't listen half as much as I did Lemonade.

Edited by Draper.
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Oooooooooh I kind of like this other theory about the 3 ACTS. Since we don’t have much to discuss, I like going down rabbit holes 

Comment from TikTok

@Feranmi: I BEEN NEW!!! ITS THE MUSICAL ERAS! RENNAISANCE, BAROQUE, ROMANTIC, CLASSICAL AND MODERN!!! GET TO KNOW

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRWTxdKk/

act ii BAROQUE, but she will spell it like BAROCK. It’s the Rock album. Her Viva La Vida era which has Baroque Pop elements :jonny5:

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

act ii BAROQUE, but she will spell it like BAROCK. It’s the Rock album. Her Viva La Vida era which has Baroque Pop elements :jonny5:

Thats funnily the German spelling for it, and thereve been quite some.famous composers coming from.Germany during that era

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Thats funnily the German spelling for it, where Barock also originated from

we might be onto something. Throw in there a Rammstein feature and it’s a global smash

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stopped even entertaining theories months ago, especially knowing they refilmed.

2fFLCju.gif

• Thanks 1

Ch... Let others have their flowers. It doesn't take anything away from Beyoncé. 

Seriously. She's the most acclaimed female of her generation, she wins some, she loses some. Who cares that some others get acclaim too? Who cares that a journalist at RS loves another album better? 

Even if Bey doesn’t get all that she should get, so what? Neither did the legends before her. Why bring it up just because a teenager is getting acclaim? This need to see Beyoncé as severely underrated or hated by her peers is just as problematic as the "she's so overrated" stance imo. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Unsurprisingly, it's Bey's own "serious" music that is her most hailed (Lemonade etc). 

Hmmm why do you care about RS when you write things like this? You're literary saying that Lemonade only got that acclaim because it's "serious". 

Lemonade is acclaimed because it's a masterpiece. Because she managed as a RnB singer to mix in the same album country, rock, pop, RnB and Hip Hop and made it extremely cohesive. Because those songs are exceptional. Not only that but the songs that represent the album were not serious at all : Sorry, Hold Up.

The way some of you shits on Lemonade here because of streams is just revolting. None of you had those opinions 7 years ago. 

And what is the "etc" for exactly? What is so serious about ST that it ended in YE lists although it debuted in December and ushered a new wave of popitism? 

What was so serious about 4 that although music critics were not favorably reviewing pop girls album bar Madonna and Janet, it ended up on YE lists and was lauded with praise?

How serious is B'Day when it's one of the first albums by pop female artists in the 00s to end in the 70's on Metacritic?

"Note how the likes of Taylor, Adele, Billie, Olivia and them all have **multiple** projects that are showered with all the love, critical acclaim etc no matter the surrounding circumstance. Multiple. While we largely have…Lemonade. 

No, we don't. You're rewriting history. No girl from this generation has had three back to back albums as revered, as lauded and as praised by critics as Beyoncé did with ST-Lemonade-Renaissance. 

Edited by BnPac
  • Thanks 4

She really stopped doing energy’s full choreography. She also had more energy in Europe during crazy in love’s choreography :-* but Americans have that cute mute challenge. 

Edited by Yellowfever

This random date in cologne proves my point :)

why is it that every time someone points something out or makes a comment in here it’s "y’all are bothered" "y’all are obsessed" :deadbanana4: 

can’t we just discuss / make jokes about random stuff without 3 pages of meltdowns & dissertations following ? :tornado:

• Thanks 2

GUTS is a good album and an improvement over SOUR, so good for her. I don't really care what Rolling Stone rates things — they're just a bunch of stans that get paid to write. they also gave Mid nights a 100. who cares.

not to mention she is young enough to be Beyoncé's daughter. they are not in competition at all.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kimberly said:

not to mention she is young enough to be Beyoncé's daughter. they are not in competition at all.

Like Beyoncé already had 4 #1 hits by the time she was born, she'd already gone solo and was ready to kick off DIL while this girl was still in the womb :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.