Beyoncé

Kisuke

17 minutes ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

I don’t think she’s dragging her feet or not prioritizing work. What she’s working on probably isn’t ready yet, and it’s that simple. Bey changes her mind on a whim. This is a woman that has scrapped entire albums/concepts to rework. I just think she’s perfecting. 

this too!

there's no doubt Beyoncé, the worker she is, hasn't been on her grind, but if she wants to wait or thinks it's not ready or wants to change stuff or anything, I'm 100% here for it. She knows best what's good for her personally and artistically.

I've said it before but if she had released Grown Woman/Standing on the Sun as singles as seemed to be planned in 2013, I doubt she'd be the legend she is today. She'd be legendary, but I don't think she'd have quite the cultural caché. IMO they'd be moderate hits, and would not set the tone for the 2010s the way ST/Drunk in Love did. It's also likely that, this being after 4, she'd kind of be relegated to a "Great in the 2000s but not in the 2010s" act whose work/brand/output didn't translate to the times or impact culture. SO, if she wants to change, wait, whatever....if she has a new, better idea, if the way the world is changing has made her reconsider a part of her plan, or want to add something more, then I'm ALL for it.

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

7 minutes ago, swissman said:

it's not that she couldn't balance work and motherhood. she's clearly been doing that since the twins were born, releasing 2 albums, 1 visual album, 1 concert, 1 concert documentary, multiple stand-alone songs, and HOW MANY IvyPark drops?

it's moreso does she WANT to do that? Should she HAVE TO be away from her babies (and I'd assume she's not planning to have more) as a bonafide legend who has hustled since she was 8 just to please anxious fans?

what if she just wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they go off to school, when she'll have more time available for herself?

I mean she could've retired as soon as Blue was announced, as she told us she'd do in interviews when she was in her 20s. Instead she gave us 2 of her best albums, 2 of the best albums of the 2010s. She's more than allowed to release on her schedule, not our's.

Your dissertations are cute, but its really not that deep: We, as fans and as people who made Beyonce who she is because we bought her ****, want new music. Of course being as rich as she is she can do whatever she wants and could probably never lift a Finger again and still be mega rich. Does that satisfy my needs as a consumer? Nope.

So no matter how often u guys try to reason her not releasing new music, I will always wish for more 

5 minutes ago, swissman said:

it's not that she couldn't balance work and motherhood. she's clearly been doing that since the twins were born, releasing 2 albums, 1 visual album, 1 concert, 1 concert documentary, multiple stand-alone songs, and HOW MANY IvyPark drops?

it's moreso does she WANT to do that? Should she HAVE TO be away from her babies (and I'd assume she's not planning to have more) as a bonafide legend who has hustled since she was 8 just to please anxious fans?

what if she just wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they go off to school, when she'll have more time available for herself?

I mean she could've retired as soon as Blue was announced, as she told us she'd do in interviews when she was in her 20s. Instead she gave us 2 of her best albums, 2 of the best albums of the 2010s. She's more than allowed to release on her schedule, not our's.

Fair points. Some posts made it sound like she is a mom now so the grind stops - which is untrue. I do agree it could be a situation on if she wants to do it. What she did musically and visually for ST and Lemonade were amazing so I can see the battle of upstaging that. Or it could be a situation where she feels she needs mass promote, which I hope not cause she don’t need to prove herself. 

16 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Your dissertations are cute, but its really not that deep: We, as fans and as people who made Beyonce who she is because we bought her ****, want new music. Of course being as rich as she is she can do whatever she wants and could probably never lift a Finger again and still be mega rich. Does that satisfy my needs as a consumer? Nope.

So no matter how often u guys try to reason her not releasing new music, I will always wish for more 

well of course I'll always wish for more too. but that doesn't mean I'm going to hold her to the production/release schedules she's followed for her first ~20 years in the industry.

I'm not even arguing that she should just retire because she's rich or has a family. I'm only saying scoffing at the fact that a possible answer for her album's delays is that she has young kids and may want to BE WITH THEM before they grow up is not some audacious and offensive idea. she worked throughout blue's early childhood. she did it while the twins were infants. is she not allowed now to savour the last bits of her children's "baby" stage without fans saying she should get back to work?

And we made her famous, okay, but she made the music we love/wanted to buy in the first place. I can honestly say if she wasn't a recording artist, there would be no one I'd stan because no one is like Beyoncé. we didn't just decide to support her out of charity and chance and a need to stan someone for the sake of it.

Edited by swissman

We as a Hive hyper-analyze everything she says and then decide her next album is about joy or "renaissance" because she used those words in an interview but fail to note that in the same paragraph, RIGHT before she mentions anything about sharing joy she literally says: "I want to explore aspects of myself I haven’t had time to discover and to enjoy my husband and my children."

We ignore that part because it doesn't suit us, and then get angry or anxious or frustrated when she seems to be doing what she said she wants to do.

1 hour ago, swissman said:

I get this reasoning, but I also think that it's more than fair for a woman who has hustled since she was 16 to prioritize being around her young kids at an age that goes by too quickly. She's talked about the sacrifices she had to make to get where she is insofar as giving up certain life experiences many times, and I think it's a bit unfair to just say "suck it up and keep working, legend". I know she can probably take them anywhere but working the amount she does when she's "on", that's not the same as being with her babies full time.

And tbh she probably is hustling, working hard anyway. It's just not fitting into our schedule of what we want for her.

I mean I can get this argument for touring but she can have a perfectly balanced home life and still record & release albums, music videos, performances etc...

But yeah obviously she's just being Bey and doing the utmost to annoy hive when she probably has dozens of songs ready in the vault

15 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

I mean I can get this argument for touring but she can have a perfectly balanced home life and still record & release albums, music videos, performances etc...

But yeah obviously she's just being Bey and doing the utmost to annoy hive when she probably has dozens of songs ready in the vault

Also, there are plenty of women who have been in the same Position as Bey and have powered through:

Celine, Aretha, Jlo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, you Name them. 

Sad truth is: The moment people start to try justify Beys absence, it just means we probably have to wait much longer, which sucks :rip:

Some of you are entitled brats and some of you have to be on her payroll or something because these takes are crazy :deadbanana: 

I was convinced she was coming in April but now it’s looking like June or July. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

This is the same women who carried Blue, Rumi, and Sir. Risking her pregnancy dancing her ass off. She could balance work and motherhood frfr.

Girl she did not risk her pregnancies :rip: her doctors cleared her and then when they told her not to do Coachella she didn’t 

personally, it's more fun when Bey releases during a pop heyday, not the only bit of light in the shadows.... this moment doesn't feel like anything.

Compare that to 2016 when Anti and Views bookended Lemonade, as well being around other major releases from Ariana, Gaga, Solange, Frank Ocean... that was a moment, and it made music (including Bey's) more exciting as a whole to experience. Releasing while nothing is happening whatsoever is so boring, imo.

Maybe I'm someone who likes to delay satisfaction to make the gratification even sweeter, but had she released in January like everyone predicted, the era would essentially be done by now as per her last albums' standards, but for maybe a few performances here and there.

Edited by swissman

Y'all talking about a woman who released Walls, Survivor, DIL, DF,Bday, Dreamgirls, Cadillac, IAM back to back + 2829930302 promotions and tour dates in 2000s + recording albums along with 17 MVs while going on tour LOL. Her three kids ain't stopping her. 

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Girl she did not risk her pregnancies :rip: her doctors cleared her and then when they told her not to do Coachella she didn’t 

Doing sh*t like this is not risking…?

GettyImages-634984850.jpg

the thing is.....touring is her big thing. and now only with the pandemic slowly subsiding ( touch wood ), i'm sure plans can finally become more concrete.

imagine if she announced a tour + dropped an album last year and had to push the whole tour back it would be so messy. 

i know she's going to shake the whole world up once again when B7 drops. and i know her 2023 tour is going to be epic. 

i'm just curious about the rumoured 2020 tour. like was that actually real or a rumour?

and if so, would it be called the black is king stadium tour.  

i wonder what the plans for the tour was ( concept, stage, setlist ) :foxaylove3: interesting

6 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

the thing is.....touring is her big thing. and now only with the pandemic slowly subsiding ( touch wood ), i'm sure plans can finally become more concrete.

imagine if she announced a tour + dropped an album last year and had to push the whole tour back it would be so messy. 

i know she's going to shake the whole world up once again when B7 drops. and i know her 2023 tour is going to be epic. 

this is a very good point. Beyoncé does not strike me as the type of person who would be okay with announcing something then taking it back, or having to change plans, or whatever.

And tbh, I'm still not comfortable going to concerts at this moment. The world is still not "over" the pandemic and it's very valid for her to want to make sure it's in a more stable place before launching a worldwide tour.

Edited by swissman

15 minutes ago, Devin said:

Doing sh*t like this is not risking…?

GettyImages-634984850.jpg

No pls. It was all safe and well choreographed. Bey would have never done anything that could have harmed her pregnancy in any way, especially after having a miscarriage before

The way I look at it is:

We could've just got the ALREADY video, released shortly after it was produced because the fans wanted a video....or we could've gotten her most beautiful visual work to date a year later.

I'd pick the latter.

47 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Some of you are entitled brats and some of you have to be on her payroll or something because these takes are crazy :deadbanana: 

U forgot to mention the year - 2023 :rip:

25 minutes ago, swissman said:

this is a very good point. Beyoncé does not strike me as the type of person who would be okay with announcing something then taking it back, or having to change plans, or whatever.

And tbh, I'm still not comfortable going to concerts at this moment. The world is still not "over" the pandemic and it's very valid for her to want to make sure it's in a more stable place before launching a worldwide tour.

Look at Eds touring numbers and u know the World is doing just fine with the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Look at Eds touring numbers and u know the World is doing just fine with the pandemic.

I wasn't speaking to whether or not people would come (though I know I voiced my own discomfort about it).

I meant that the pandemic has put some uncertainty about what the future holds. Ed announced his tour in Sept 21, before the rise in cases in Dec to February. If at the start of the year Beyoncé had planned to announce a tour, it's very possible that the state of the pandemic in that moment had her rethink that announcement so that she didn't have to take it back. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, swissman said:

The way I look at it is:

We could've just got the ALREADY video, released shortly after it was produced because the fans wanted a video....or we could've gotten her most beautiful visual work to date a year later.

I'd pick the latter.

idk. black is king is a stunning work of art but no one has seen it lol...i would've rather she save those grand visuals for a bigger project. dropping the videos for Already and Find Your Way Back would've been just fine imo. the my power video is incredible but no one has seen it.

i'll be hella disappointed if the B7 visual album isn't more grand than BIK. i get it was a passion project for her, but it's a shame that no one can access those visuals except by having disney+.

27 minutes ago, yonsé said:

idk. black is king is a stunning work of art but no one has seen it lol...i would've rather she save those grand visuals for a bigger project. dropping the videos for Already and Find Your Way Back would've been just fine imo. the my power video is incredible but no one has seen it.

i'll be hella disappointed if the B7 visual album isn't more grand than BIK. i get it was a passion project for her, but it's a shame that no one can access those visuals except by having disney+.

true, but that's more a question of accessibility and logistics than just the option of having 1 or 2 videos vs. a visual album.

BIK should be for sale though. And My Power definitely should be on her YT channel.

Edited by swissman

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I don't think she's coming in June, and maybe not July either :michael:

BUT! uptempo music is not only for the summer :butterfly:

Tuh. Ion care bout none of that! EYE want new music. New visuals. New errrrythang. 

16 minutes ago, Draper. said:

I don't think she's coming in June, and maybe not July either :michael:

BUT! uptempo music is not only for the summer :butterfly:

Same, I dont see a summer release happening... ugh :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.