Adele

iamvladd

12 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Her not caring about the grammys

she snubbed them first by not performing EOM during Grammys 2022

then doing a medley in Grammys 2023

she just not into that anymore haha

I still think she was collateral damage because the Grammys didn’t want another Bey vs Adele showdown. They gave ROTY to Lizzo, a black woman, instead of Harry, to prevent that from happening and to smooth things over in case people dubbed them racist. You can tell that Lizzo was genuinely shocked that she won and that it wasn’t Adele or Harry. I do believe Adele expected to win more awards for an album that she feels is her best. I mean, only walking away with Best Pop Vocal had to sting a little. 

Edited by Pleighboy

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aslan

• anti-bitch

• supertiffany

• Reflektor_Creep

1 minute ago, Pleighboy said:

I still think she was collateral damage because the Grammys didn’t want another Bey vs Adele showdown. They gave Lizzo instead of a Harry, a black woman, ROTY to prevent that from happening and to smooth things over in case people dubbed them racist. You can tell that Lizzo was genuinely shocked that she won and that it wasn’t Adele. 

Yeah, I have my doubts about whether these actually are the direct vote results. Bonnie Raitt's SOTY win baffles me. But really I think it's time to learn to not care so much about the Grammys. All the drama after the show every year is exhausting.

11 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

I still think she was collateral damage because the Grammys didn’t want another Bey vs Adele showdown. They gave ROTY to Lizzo, a black woman, instead of Harry, to prevent that from happening and to smooth things over in case people dubbed them racist. You can tell that Lizzo was genuinely shocked that she won and that it wasn’t Adele or Harry. I do believe Adele expected to win more awards for an album that she feels is her best. I mean, only walking away with Best Pop Vocal had to sting a little. 

harry winning aoty when Grammys tweeted their award giving body producer and his daughter are close friends of him is still funny

13 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Yeah, I have my doubts about whether these actually are the direct vote results. Bonnie Raitt's SOTY win baffles me. But really I think it's time to learn to not care so much about the Grammys. All the drama after the show every year is exhausting.

I agree. Luckily, I never cared. 

1 minute ago, Pleighboy said:

I agree. Luckily, I never cared. 

Yeah, and you see how the artists are starting to not care either. But I am happy that Adele won something. And it was cute that the Rock was presenting that award. She really wanted to meet him.

Adele’s least commercial friendly and sort of experimental album lost, Grammys really like safe and commercial lol she deserved more and it’s obvious the winners don’t match the vote totals IMO 

33 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I’m sure she is happy with the result. It takes the pressure off her. 

Yeah, for example she was literally jumping of joy when Lizzo won ROTY. 

And at least she won Pop solo for "Easy On Me".

I like Harry but the Grammys got it wrong. He should have won Pop Solo for As It Was and Adele Pop Album for 30

And since I'm a fan of both Adele and Beyoncé, since Adele wasn't winning AOTY I wish it was against an album that was just as deserving like Renaissance. It was the perfect moment for the Grammys to give Bey AOTY and they ruined it :deadbanana2:

I mean it’s pretty obvious the Grammys (in recent years) just want to honour everyone and not seem like they’re favouring a specific artist. It’s annoying but it’s just the way it is now :michael:

29 minutes ago, Aslan said:

I mean it’s pretty obvious the Grammys (in recent years) just want to honour everyone and not seem like they’re favouring a specific artist. It’s annoying but it’s just the way it is now :michael:

Last year Bruno/Silk Sonic won 4/4 awards though :deadbanana:

(and if they had released their album on time for last year's Grammys I'm sure they would have won AOTY over Jon Batiste too) 

But I'm just glad they didn't pull a Billie on Adele because things weren't looking good after losing Music Film and Pop Album

3 minutes ago, Green said:

Last year Bruno/Silk Sonic won 4/4 awards though :deadbanana:

(and if they had released their album on time for last year's Grammys I'm sure they would have won AOTY over Jon Batiste too) 

But I'm just glad they didn't pull a Billie on Adele because things weren't looking good after losing Music Film and Pop Album

I’m still shocked her Emmy winning ONO lost. That’s more shocking to me than anything else :deadbanana2:

Ah the amount of content we got tho :jonny5:

I’m so overwhelmed since we pretty much get crumbs these days (outside of the residency) :bird:

At least Tobias won best songwriting ig… a somewhat win for 30 since he co wrote CIGI and to be loved :michael:

At this point we need to just celebrate her wins then lose our minds over the losses. It was a competitive year and yeah onto the Grammys 2027 :fan:

4 minutes ago, Aslan said:

At this point we need to just celebrate her wins then lose our minds over the losses. It was a competitive year and yeah onto the Grammys 2027 :fan:

Lowkey it seems like Adele isn't stanning Bey quite as hard as before. Like here they just took pics together and shook hands. Lizzo was more chatty with Bey.

32 minutes ago, Aslan said:

If she was more Grammy hungry like other artists she could still submit I Drink Wine for next year's Grammy. Because after losing Best Pop Album I Drink Wine and other future Singles from 30 (if she releases another singles from the album) are eligible for 2024 Grammys

For example last year Doja won a Grammy for Kiss Me More but her album lost Pop album

Thanks to that she could submit another single from her album (Woman) which was nominated this year for Pop solo, ROTY and Music Video.

It would be perfect if Adele releases To Be Loved as a single and then submitted it for Pop solo, ROTY and SOTY. But we know that won't happen  :sadviolin:

The way were are not used to losing, haha :gaycat6: This whole era has been bit of a feet back on the ground moment

46 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Lowkey it seems like Adele isn't stanning Bey quite as hard as before. Like here they just took pics together and shook hands. Lizzo was more chatty with Bey.

she is over the fan-girling phase, much relaxed with bey as she is closer to her than before, didnt she attend her birthday party sumthin

7 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

she is over the fan-girling phase, much relaxed with bey as she is closer to her than before, didnt she attend her birthday party sumthin

Yeah. And I mean this happened tonight. I feel like Lizzo is more in the fan girl phase still. But she's newer to the industry.

But Adele is officially a legend at this point. No more a new star.

gettyimages-1675656436.jpg?crop=1xw:0.8474570200573066xh;center,top&resize=980:*

Honestly I wonder what she's feeling. Im sure she wished she took at least SOTY or best pop album but... idk I think im ready for the era to be over now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.