• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• Blankspace2010

• ProudLBS

• Ger

1 minute ago, ProudLBS said:

Head Above Water outdid Liberation in SPS in the long run

Love Sux's debut numbers are higher than Head Above Water's in a much worse sales climate and with no vinyl this time

Love Sux is still #27 on US Apple Music (for comparison, Head Above Water peaked at #47 and was ¡AFUERA! by this point)

Xtina wishes :lmao:

Well those are still amazing numbers and I'm happy for Avril as well, debuting in the Top 10 when someone is 20 years into their career is a great achievement and nothing drag worthy anyways.

No one would come for Avril if your fanbase wouldn't insert other artists into this (ignore that user with the Xtina avi who trolls everyone).

I was genuinely rooting for her to make the Top 10 and I'm glad she got even higher than predicted. :heart:

19 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

You need the material ready to be printed months in advance for the vinyls. Album was rushed to be released but at least it’s good :whistle:

the pressing plant doesn't need the material to be ready months in advance but you need to book a slot 7-8 months in advance :monkey:

1 minute ago, Rowan said:

Barely scrapping top 10 with no competition is embarrassing :rip:

People are giving Avril praise for another charting album.

this is great news:clap3:

Just now, slw84 said:

People are giving Avril praise for another charting album.

this is great news:clap3:

Please if anyone else did this, they’d be dragged out though hell. I know because I’d be joining in on  the draggings.

Just now, Rowan said:

Please if anyone else did this, they’d be dragged out though hell. I know because I’d be joining in on  the draggings.

A top 10 album would not be praised with fireworks and a party but being dragged when Avril doesn’t even have a hit on her hands but still released an album and charted top 10 is not too draggable.

There are no guarantees no matter how iconic Avril is for her album to chart period so I think it’s ok to celebrate a top 10 peak. We are not saying she’s taking Adele’s spot as the top seller but it’s great that she charted and even better placed top 10:flame:

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Barely scrapping top 10 with no competition is embarrassing :rip:

she outdid her previous album (in units and in debut position) without vinyl in a much worse sales climate :lmao: she would've gone top 5 with vinyl, easily

Just now, Rowan said:

she outdid most of her peers' latest releases in one of her weakest markets let alone WW

14 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Who exactly are you referring to? Of Avril’s peers, she has outperformed them all in a post-tour-bundle climate. The only 00s female artists who debuted higher than her since tour bundles were banned are Katy (50k), Gaga + Tony (44k) and then Adele and Taylor. 

So again, who is “anyone else” to you? Because these are impressive numbers for someone 20 years into their career. 

We’re waiting. 

floptinaisapig.thumb.png.5fd7eee4bac0f1b

7 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

she outdid her previous album (in units and in debut position) without vinyl in a much worse sales climate :lmao: she would've gone top 5 with vinyl, easily

she outdid most of her peers' latest releases in one of her weakest markets let alone WW

I wouldn't say 2018 and 2022 has much of a difference. I could see if she last released in 2013.

Again, who are her "peers"? Because all of them did better with their latest releases.

1 minute ago, Both Sides Now said:

Who exactly are you referring to? Of Avril’s peers, she has outperformed them all in a post-tour-bundle climate. The only 00s female artists who debuted higher than her since tour bundles were banned are Katy (50k), Gaga + Tony (44k) and then Adele and Taylor. 

So again, who is “anyone else” to you? Because these are impressive numbers for someone 20 years into their career. 

We’re waiting. 

Anyone else would be the lady in your avi. And just because bundles wouldn't help her or others, doesn't mean anything. So,  I wouldn't get too cute. 

Not everyone can have  massively successful arena tours 

36 minutes ago, genio said:

Well those are still amazing numbers and I'm happy for Avril as well, debuting in the Top 10 when someone is 20 years into their career is a great achievement and nothing drag worthy anyways.

No one would come for Avril if your fanbase wouldn't insert other artists into this (ignore that user with the Xtina avi who trolls everyone).

I was genuinely rooting for her to make the Top 10 and I'm glad she got even higher than predicted. :heart:

Well hello let’s celebrate that sis :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Anyone else would be the lady in your avi. And just because bundles wouldn't help her or others, doesn't mean anything. So,  I wouldn't get too cute. 

You’re right but Avril can. Seeing as she’s touring arenas WW for the remainder of the year thanks to globalness :fan:

6 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

We’re waiting. 

This was a perfect drag! Get her!! Also not that user trying to say Mariah is Avrils peer when they debuted way over a decade apart :ahh:

Just now, Blankspace2010 said:

You’re right but Avril can. Seeing as she’s touring arenas WW for the remainder of the year thanks to globalness :fan:

No, she can't :rip:

She has zero successful tours. She only tours small arenas and theatres in Europe

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

No, she can't :rip:

She has zero successful tours. She only tours small arenas and theatres in Europe

:ahh:

Shes 16 dates in Canada, 16 dates in Europe, festivals, US dates coming next week. Asian and South American tour coming - she may add a stadium or two to those dates. You’re delusional. :lmao:

10 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Well Mariah debuted a full 12 years before Avril so not exactly her peer (would be equivalent of Ariana being Britney’s peer). Still, Mariah managed a respectable 22k with an album of B sides in 2020.

But you still haven’t answered the question… which of Avril’s peers has done better than her?

Alicia: 22k

JLo: 6k

Xtina: 4k

The switching to tour receipts because you clowned yourself. I wouldn’t get too sassy!

Edited by Both Sides Now

1 minute ago, Blankspace2010 said:

:ahh:

Shes 16 dates in Canada, 16 dates in Europe, festivals, US dates coming next week. Asian and South American tour coming - she may add a stadium or two to those dates. You’re delusional. :lmao:

How many dates she has is irrelevant. You have to look at what each box office scores and PollStar which she never makes. Maybe if we count when she opened for Backstreet Boys, we could.

Just now, Both Sides Now said:

Well Mariah debuted a full 12 years before Avril so not exactly her peer (would be equivalent of Katy being Britney’s peer). Still, Mariah managed a respectable 22k with an album of B sides in 2020.

But you still haven’t answered the question… which of Avril’s peers has done better than her?

The switching to tour receipts because you clowned yourself. I wouldn’t get too sassy!

I didn't say they were peers, I said she's just an example of someone who would be dragged for pulling these numbers.  

Comparing a full studio album to EP and Soundtrack albums is silly. Is this @Anticipating alt? lol

12 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

We’re waiting. 

Thanks for spelling it out!

The only additional detail missing is: Avril had no vinyls and slayed anyways.

1 minute ago, Rowan said:

How many dates she has is irrelevant. You have to look at what each box office scores and PollStar which she never makes. Maybe if we count when she opened for Backstreet Boys, we could.

I didn't say they were peers, I said she's just an example of someone who would be dragged for pulling these numbers.  

Comparing a full studio album to EP and Soundtrack albums is silly. Is this @Anticipating alt? lol

Let’s wait for the tour to start because it’s SOLD OUT. 

3 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

2020s decade-end #1 album on Billboard 200: Dangerous by Morgan. I don't think anyone will challenge him. what do you think? @UnusualBoy

Unless there’s another 21 level of smash album, he has it on lock, especially since Billboard ranking is points based instead of units.

5 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Well Mariah debuted a full 12 years before Avril so not exactly her peer (would be equivalent of Ariana being Britney’s peer). Still, Mariah managed a respectable 22k with an album of B sides in 2020.

That user is reaching for their wig mamma. Spell it out for them. 

Avril causing meltdowns in 2022. We love to see it :fan:

2 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Let’s wait for the tour to start because it’s SOLD OUT. 

Again, she's touring theatres and small arenas so I'd hope they were sold out :rip:

They can sell 5,000 tickets and all are sold but the date will probably not even gross a million which is not touring artist status:rip:

Edited by Rowan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.