Avril's Wish You Were Here hits 100M streams on Spotify

ProudLBS

The second song off Goodbye Lullaby to reach this milestone and her 10th overall (all solo and from her own albums) :celestial5:

Complicated - 497,847,828
Sk8er Boi - 342,038,765
Girlfriend - 272,351,943
What the Hell - 244,529,336
Head Above Water - 187,498,779
I'm With You - 167,137,697
Here's To Never Growing Up - 161,581,058
When You're Gone - 158,461,688
My Happy Ending - 140,086,150
Wish You Were Here - 100,051,864 *NEW*

The hit that got away, if only streams were counted for charts back then!

Those high ad-libs in the end alone deserve 100m plays :jonny5:

A radio darling, a streaming darling…. A legend :alexz:

6 minutes ago, EDD said:

The hit that got away, if only streams were counted for charts back then!

Those high ad-libs in the end alone deserve 100m plays :jonny5:

Charts don’t make a hit. This song has half a billion views on YouTube. It’s a hit darling. 

14 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Charts don’t make a hit. This song has half a billion views on YouTube. It’s a hit darling. 

I was so shocked that this song did so little in chart but have almost 400M in YouTube. Where are those listeners listened to this song in YouTube but never buy it......But sure, this is a legit hit outside of US (and Europe)....

2 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

I was so shocked that this song did so little in chart but have almost 400M in YouTube. Where are those listeners listened to this song in YouTube but never buy it......But sure, this is a legit hit outside of US (and Europe)....

434M :celestial5:

20 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Indeed

It deserved to be one of her all time biggest hits, tho, up there with Girlfriend and Complicated, tbh

This should’ve been the lead single to “Goodbye Lullaby”. It could’ve easily been as big as “I’m With You” or bigger, especially in a Winter 2011 landscape. 

:heart2:

It’s still an embarrassment that her label chose the other song. What the hell, indeed.

41 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

The second song off Goodbye Lullaby to reach this milestone and her 10th overall (all solo and from her own albums) :celestial5:

How many solo 100M streamed songs do her closest female peers have? (Excluding Beyonce + Rihanna, of course).

So, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado etc.

:celestial5:

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

How many solo 100M streamed songs do her closest female peers have? (Excluding Beyonce + Rihanna, of course).

So, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado etc.

Britney - 16

P!nk - 14

Avril - 10

Alicia - 7

Xtina - 5

Nelly - 3

Gwen - 1

I think

Wish You Were Here :alexz:Avril Spotify streams keeps getting stronger I hope Love Sux bust a little her discography

2000s Songs= 6 Songs

2010s Songs = 4 Songs

Keep Holding On & maybe Bite Me (since the song is rising faster) are the next ones to cross 100 million :duca: 

under my foreskin wishes

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

Britney - 16

P!nk - 14

Avril - 10

Alicia - 7

Xtina - 5

Nelly - 3

Gwen - 1

I think

Britney has 18 songs... she will have 19 in three days since piece of me has today 99,843,067

Lemme go give this classic a stream :celestial:

Used to love this song so much when the album dropped :jamming:

16 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

Britney has 18 songs... she will have 19 in three days since piece of me has today 99,843,067

the other user asked for solo songs

7 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

the other user asked for solo songs

oh, thats right... didnt saw the solo part

Avril’s number is surprisingly good considering she disappeared for six years and didn’t get a real hit since 2011. The recurrent streams are decent somehow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.