Mitski earns first Top 10 album on BB200 with ‘Laurel Hell’

period sis

“Laurel Hell” by Mitski debuts #5 on the Billboard top 200 album charts after being predicted to debut at #12! 

Valentine, Texas’ impact I think! :hippo:

Amazing! I love the album, I've been on a Mitski binge this last couple of weeks.

omg some didnt even predict this would go top 10. let alone top 5 

Wow. It's so uplifting to think that a complex body of work from an artist who came from the indie circuit can still go top 10 in the biggest music market of the world. Congratulations! I love this album.

It’s what she deserves ??

incredible :clap3: and it won’t be her last!

i will say that i actually haven’t returned to it a ton this past week but i think i will this coming week. it’s not her worst, but it’s not her best. but it’s got some gems like Stay Soft and Heat Lightning and Love God More and Should’ve Been God on it

I’ll admit to not really keeping up with the charts recently, but wasn’t this “only” supposed to hit like #12? This is amazing in comparison, top five! It’s great to see her getting some commercial recognition like this in addition to all the great critical reception she’s always had.

6 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’ll admit to not really keeping up with the charts recently, but wasn’t this “only” supposed to hit like #12?

Yes, the difference a few thousand can make on the charts. It was almost completely due to vinyl which are hard to predict since there is no precise estimate until the actual chart comes out. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.