Hot 100: Despacito #1, Malibu #64, Bon Appetit OUT

Fruity

19 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

I know that stupid Thursday release :rip:

Anyway can someone explain to me why they are releasing a lot of singles on a Thursday?? Miley, Niall are the most recent, selena this week whats the point of it??

I don't really understand the trend. Halsey did it too and her song Eyes Closed debuted at number one on the bubbling chart this week.

I understand that Niall released his song at 12:00 UK time since he's from there. I don't understand Miley's reason though

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Pacaveli

21 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Despacito

#1. Itunes Combined

#2 Spotify Combined (260 streams behind Kendrick)

#1 Youtube Combined 

Radio is still rising and will crossover throughout the summer

So yeah  this is quite hard to topple ..especially it wont definitely peak in any metric soon now that summer is approaching:jonny:

HUGE :jonny: 

Bieber knows how to pick 'em :alexz2: 

On 5/15/2017 at 2:17 PM, Fruity said:

Bieber is also the first artist ever to earn new No. 1s in back-to-back weeks.

No he's not... :rip: 

3 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

Check again, yeah he is!

11 minutes ago, novembers17th said:

Check again, yeah he is!

No... he's not. There are multiple artists that have replaced themselves at #1 :ahh: 

Just now, DivaDown said:

No... he's not. There are multiple artists that have replaced themselves at #1 :ahh: 

Yes but he's the first to have back-to-back new number #1s. I'm the One was a new #1 for him last week, now Despacito is another new #1 for him this week. And that's never happened before. Literally anyone in this thread will back me up on this. Take your :ahh: somewhere else.

15 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

12 minutes ago, novembers17th said:

Check again, yeah he is!

Yeah if the wording is "new" #1s

cause The Weeknd replaced himself but Can't Feel My Face was already #1 previously two weeks when The Hills replaced it.

Just now, legendaya_SSLP said:

cause The Weeknd replaced himself but Can't Feel My Face was already #1 previously two weeks when The Hills replaced it.

Yup. Basically they way BB phrased it was that he's gained new #1s faster than any other act- two weeks.

Edited by novembers17th

The TITLE :rip: 

Just now, novembers17th said:

Yes but he's the first to have back-to-back new number #1s. I'm the One was a new #1 for him last week, now Despacito is another new #1 for him this week. And that's never happened before. Literally anyone in this thread will back me up on this. Take your :ahh: somewhere else.

Back-to-Back "new number ones" is exactly the same as self replacement for number one :ahh::ahh::ahh: 

Like, are you saying that if someone replaces themself at #1, it was #1 before? Haha omg... BYE. :ahh:

1 minute ago, DivaDown said:

Back-to-Back "new number ones" is exactly the same as self replacement for number one :ahh::ahh::ahh: 

Like, are you saying that if someone replaces themself at #1, it was #1 before? Haha omg... BYE. :ahh:

I really think you didn't read my whole post, so I'll say it again.....

I'm the One was a new #1 last week. Despacito is a new #1 this week. Both have Justin featured. Two new #1s in 2 weeks. Never happened before.

2 minutes ago, legendaya_SSLP said:

How about Outkast...? Mariah Carey...? Taylor Swift...? Black Eyed Peas...? Boyz to Men...? Nelly...? Usher...? The Beatles...? Elvis...? Ja Rule...? Puff Daddy...? :ahh:

Quit making up stuff!!! #FakeNews

thank god It Aint Me is OUT of the Top 10 and Bon Appétit is OUT, period. two of the worst pop songs this year. 

8 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

If Bon Apettite jumps from #76-OUT-#29 :rip:

oh it will. then it'll be at #55 the following week and OUT again. she's gonna launch this album with no hit. Hopefully the Calvin collab will do what it's supposed to

Edited by desert rose

4 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

How about Outkast...? Mariah Carey...? Taylor Swift...? Black Eyed Peas...? Boyz to Men...? Nelly...? Usher...? The Beatles...? Elvis...? Ja Rule...? Puff Daddy...? :ahh:

omg you're literally not reading 

2 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

I don't know what's so hard for you to understand about this.

"I'm The One" was a BRAND NEW NUMBER ONE last week. Never been number one before. New!

"Despacito" is a BRAND NEW NUMBER ONE this week! Also never been number one before.

The other acts that replaced themselves at number one had their songs at number one for MORE THAN ONE WEEK, so NOT brand new.

There has never been an artist to get back-to-back BRAND NEW number ones back-to-back before Bieber this week. Okay?

still havent heard despacito oop

8 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

It's very difficult for one artist to have a new song hit #1 for just week and then another new song hit #1 the following week.. that's what we're talking about here. So yes Billboard isn't making this stuff up.

Edited by legendaya_SSLP

20 minutes ago, Jred said:

I don't know what's so hard for you to understand about this.

"I'm The One" was a BRAND NEW NUMBER ONE last week. Never been number one before. New!

"Despacito" is a BRAND NEW NUMBER ONE this week! Also never been number one before.

The other acts that replaced themselves at number one had their songs at number one for MORE THAN ONE WEEK, so NOT brand new.

There has never been an artist to get back-to-back BRAND NEW number ones back-to-back before Bieber this week. Okay?

From them:

...crickets...

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Some early predictions

With own sales estimates so more inaccurate than usual

1 Despacito   606  (=)

2 That's What I Like   499  (=)

3 I'm The One   458  (=)

4 Shape Of You   430  (=)

5 Humble   411  (=)

6 Mask Off   345  (=)

7 Something Just Like This   332  (=)

8 XO Tour Lif3   297 (=)

9 Congratulations   278 (+3) 

10 Stay   275  (-1)

11 Malibu   251  (+53)

12 Say You Won't Let Go   243  (+1)

13 Issues   237  (+1)

14 It Ain't Me   234  (-3)

15 Body Like A Back Road   226  (=)

16 iSpy   219  (-6)

17 Sign Of The Times   210 (+1)  

18 DNA   179 (-2)

19 Location   175 (-2)  

20 Passionfruit   160 (-1)  

55 Bon Appetit 91 (re-entry)

57 The Cure 88 (-8)

:smitten2: top 11

9 hours ago, truthteller said:

Bon Apetit will come back next week and get another peak due to high streaming no. (youtube and VEVO), you all will seethe. :cm:

we will seethe bc it's getting another peak at #60? #50? :rip:

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Some early predictions

With own sales estimates so more inaccurate than usual

1 Despacito   606  (=)

2 That's What I Like   499  (=)

3 I'm The One   458  (=)

4 Shape Of You   430  (=)

5 Humble   411  (=)

6 Mask Off   345  (=)

7 Something Just Like This   332  (=)

8 XO Tour Lif3   297 (=)

9 Congratulations   278 (+3) 

10 Stay   275  (-1)

11 Malibu   251  (+53)

12 Say You Won't Let Go   243  (+1)

13 Issues   237  (+1)

14 It Ain't Me   234  (-3)

15 Body Like A Back Road   226  (=)

16 iSpy   219  (-6)

17 Sign Of The Times   210 (+1)  

18 DNA   179 (-2)

19 Location   175 (-2)  

20 Passionfruit   160 (-1)  

55 Bon Appetit 91 (re-entry)

57 The Cure 88 (-8)

oh wow. Despacito TAKING OFF.

44 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

lmao not you making a fool of yourself and getting clocked.

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

I know that stupid Thursday release :rip:

Anyway can someone explain to me why they are releasing a lot of singles on a Thursday?? Miley, Niall are the most recent, selena this week whats the point of it??

they're usually done to either draw extra attention to a song by not releasing with everyone else or to make an excuse for a low debut. I don't think Miley's team expected her to do as good as she's doing.

what a tragic top 10

bring back the pop gals please. I'll take any of them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.