LoveLiveMusic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveLiveMusic
17 minutes ago, Haus said:

If I'm unable to snatch GA for Chicago she can say goodbye to my coins

UiIsbqe.gif

I'm placing bets it'll be hard to do without VIP. Although I did get the Reflection Section for Ottawa no problem during the sale. 

LikeAChampion

I believe (and am hoping!) they'll announce more NA dates since they have huge gaps in between a lot of dates. I can't imagine why they'd only book 1 Staples date when she did like 3 LA dates last time + another 3 a couple cities away in Anaheim. I'm thinking they'll do 11/9, 11/10, 11/11 for Honda Center in Anaheim and 11/5, 11/6, 11/7 for Staples. Fingers crossed. 

Oh wow, she has to give away her album with tickets this time around. :jonny: 

i love the "witness the tour" pun, though. 

Also, why are some of you acting like you've never witnessed a tour rollout before? If there is demand, they will add extra dates. Ffs. 

8 minutes ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

I'm placing bets it'll be hard to do without VIP. Although I did get the Reflection Section for Ottawa no problem during the sale. 

How much did that cost you? I might be willing to do VIP but idk ugh :doc: 

LoveLiveMusic
15 minutes ago, Haus said:

How much did that cost you? I might be willing to do VIP but idk ugh :doc: 

I'm pretty sure it was like $150 which is what a floor ticket was. So I'm thinking if you're lucky to get a GA ticket it'll look like $200.

Knowing that tickets will be this price and VIP always have the inflated costs I wouldn't be shocked to see the GA VIP go for $350-$450.

Just now, LoveLiveMusic said:

I'm pretty sure it was like $150 which is what a floor ticket was. So I'm thinking if you're lucky to get a GA ticket it'll look like $200.

Knowing that tickets will be this price and VIP always have the inflated costs I wouldn't be shocked to see the GA VIP go for $350-$450.

ok well I'm def not doing VIP then but I'll try my best to get normal GA. If not I might just get cheap seats the day of the show and go with a friend. Thanks :heart2: 

Oktober Knight
2 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

90% of her discography won't fit a dark setting. :skull: 

I Kissed a Girl 

Thinking of You

E.T.

The One That Got Away

Roar

Unconditionally 

Dark Horse 

Wide Awake

Rise

+ whatever is on Witness 

All of these can be dark if remixed properly. She's at the point where she's gonna have to start omitting classic hits in her tours to make room for new tracks. 

3 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

I hope she drops the whole kiddish cartoon setting and tropical theme this time. I want a dark theatrical show like her Grammy performance of Dark Horse. 

Why're people so obsessed with Katy going dark? That's not what she's about. Let's just accept she's all about color and Nickelodeon theme worthy performances.

Oktober Knight
Just now, Grown K said:

Why're people so obsessed of Katy going dark? That's not what she's about. Let's just accept she's all about color and Nickelodeon theme worthy performances.

Not necessarily dark but I'd like to see a change. Her theatrical settings have to grow up eventually before it's too late and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. People will get tired of seeing the same old, same old eventually. Change us good. 

heartbeats
3 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

90% of her discography won't fit a dark setting. :skull: 

theyre def giving it a different arrangement

Antinemesis

So are we speculating as to when she'll release more (read: European/other international) dates? I hate this part of the tour rollout. It's always:

1. Wait for new era, hope for a big tour.

2. US tour announcement, hope for European leg.

3. European tour announcement, hope for a Stockholm (or at least Sweden) date.

4. Get a Sweden date, rinse and repeat for next era.

(4. Don't get a Sweden date, scream for 3 or so days.)

wesleywalrus

I honestly wanna try and go because I feel like this will be very dark and theatrical (the poster suggests this). I might wait until the first date to see the setlist + props/setup etc. to buy a ticket. If it's a bunch of emoji/Nickelodeon crap like the PWT, no thanks. 

I actually never understood why artists only put out one leg at a time. Wouldn't it be smarter to put out all of the legs no matter if one of the legs is a year away? It would give them more time to sell and the hype from the initial rollout would help all of the dates.

BradySpears

It's obvious they are waiting to announce more shows with how many big gaps they have in the shows. My guess is they want to add another Toronto show, Brooklyn, Chicago with room to add another city, LA, San Jose with room to add another city, Vegas with room to add another city. Interested to see how tickets sell and how they add more dates/cities. They did the same thing for the Prismatic Tour. 

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Is that stage supposed to be an eye??

Wait, is the runway the optic nerve? 

arterial.jpg

katy-perry-seat-map-77a327faa0.JPG

Oktober Knight
2 hours ago, Bang Up said:

I actually never understood why artists only put out one leg at a time. Wouldn't it be smarter to put out all of the legs no matter if one of the legs is a year away? It would give them more time to sell and the hype from the initial rollout would help all of the dates.

Unless it was rushed and they only secured dates for the first leg but still waiting on confirmation from other countries.

Booking venues is not an easy process. It has to geographically make sense plus there's always issues with the venue being booked by another event on the date you had planned (which causes you to re-arrange the other dates that were possible already booked; think of the headaches that would cause if you had to reschedule several booked venues hoping they are still available).

Oktober Knight
14 minutes ago, Felipesf said:

New York, Brooklyn, Newark and Uniondale. Why? They are so close. 

It's no different than doing 4 nights at Madison Square Garden.

Plus Live Nation has ownership in some of these arenas so naturally they would want all of them to be booked to gain more sales with booking costs, parking fees and merchandise cuts. The Colosseum was recently renovated and they're trying to ring in people from NYC to gain the arena's popularity back by booking as many popular acts as they can.

Archived