Would you do the same for your significant other?

fememeist

9 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Um this is not gentlemanly this is controlling and weird. But obviously fake.

How is it controlling omg  :deadbanana4: but yeah i smell FAKE

34 minutes ago, Literature said:

How is it controlling omg  :deadbanana4: but yeah i smell FAKE

He is upset at her for bringing in her own groceries and refuses to allow her to help. The idea is nice but the way he acts toward her in the video is weird af.

I am a short man and whenever I go to get something off a high shelf in the supermarket men always see me struggling and volunteer to help me and get it down for me, I am pretty for a man so I guess its pretty privilege. I also always get doors left open for me and other kind acts.

1 hour ago, WERKER said:

I am a short man and whenever I go to get something off a high shelf in the supermarket men always see me struggling and volunteer to help me and get it down for me, I am pretty for a man so I guess its pretty privilege. I also always get doors left open for me and other kind acts.

whoopi-okay.gif

OT: my bf would never let me. One time I cooked him a meal alone and never again - we always are 50/50

Yeah that has to be for the video bc how they talk to éachother is weird hhh. Carrying it in is nothing we'd prolly shop for it tgt, bring it in tgt, put it away tgt. Which would also be easier and not straining at all, and faster.

Yikes. I always help my husband with the bags but I wouldn't straight up make him stay inside while I took care of it. Cringe. :biblio:

If that’s their relationship dynamic, I don’t see the problem. There’s nothing controlling about this; some men would rather do the manual labor themselves. Y’all gotta stop comparing your “homosexual” relationships to “heterosexual” ones, different dynamics/routines. This isn’t that big a deal. If he doesn’t want her to carry the groceries in, it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, psychodj said:

If that’s their relationship dynamic, I don’t see the problem. There’s nothing controlling about this; some men would rather do the manual labor themselves. Y’all gotta stop comparing your “homosexual” relationships to “heterosexual” ones, different dynamics/routines. This isn’t that big a deal. If he doesn’t want her to carry the groceries in, it is what it is. 

yeah he's doing too much. like we get it, you're trying to be nice, but you just end up being impractical. she has two functioning hands, she doesn't need a butler for everything.

Edited by John Slayne

Ugh i wish. Guys don't even do that anymore. Heck video games comes way way way way way before me in my relationship :weeps:

In my family, it doesn't matter who does the grocery shopping. When they pull up, everyone needs to take their asses outside to help :rip:  With that being said, yes I would do this for a significant other, but I'm not going to give them **** for wanting to do it themselves either.