NPR scalps RuPaul's new song

CandleGuy

Not NPR making poppers and Charlie XCX references :rip:

Are they wrong?

4 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Not NPR making poppers and Charlie XCX references :rip:

gays existing and making gay references? crazy.

Ru always copies what's trendy in pop music so it's weird they're saying this. Prob just for internet points. But I want Ru to ripoff my faves. Also "recreate a Charli XCX song from memory after a blackout-inducing hit of poppers" sounds like a serve to me

"recreate a Charli XCX song from memory after a blackout-inducing hit of poppers"

not just the song, the whole album is. but ru went IN for this project, its specifically cater to popperbate pigs. 

Who is blacking out after one hit of poppers? :biblio: i'll take her review with a grain of salt

Who cares? Its gay dance music. He has some decent bops honestly.   As if Charlie XCX is the pinnacle of the genre.

Idk what poppers have to do with the album review, sounds like the critic girl just wanted to insert some homophobic generalization while she was at it.

10 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Imagine unironically listening to RuPaul albums 

fr apart from Supermodel do ppl actually listen to their stuff??? :toofunny2:

3 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

As if Charlie XCX is the pinnacle of the genre.

She kinda is the figure head for it. And there are several parts / whole songs on Ru's album that are literally copy pasted beats with exactly the same vocal effects, the tweet it's not a stretch by any means 

3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Idk what poppers have to do with the album review, sounds like the critic girl just wanted to insert some homophobic generalization while she was at it.

sis just say you're not apart of the culture they're referencing lol theres nothing homophobic about it 

Not them calling it charli when it’s clearly more ***** I’m madonna :rip:

28 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

gays existing and making gay references? crazy.

It's a very niche cultural reference being made on a National Public Radio twitter account. 

And no one blacks out of poppers so it's an incorrect reference too :rip:

RuPaul's 2022 album Mamaru is the final death knell of bubblegum hyperpop. Throughout the thirty-minute record, Ru somehow manages to commodify and repackage the sounds of almost every single musician who has made an impact on queer internet communities over the past several years, including but not limited to Shygirl, Kim Petras, Namasenda and the late SOPHIE, who is rolling in her grave at the familiar fruit production on a song named "Pretty Pretty Gang Gang."

Not them referencing "familiar fruit" :deadvision:

12 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

sis just say you're not apart of the culture they're referencing lol theres nothing homophobic about it 

I know what she's referencing and I'm questioning why she brought it up in the first place. It's like as if I were to say that maybe her review was negative because she was on her period. It just comes across as mean spirited. Just say the album is terrible and leave out the rest.

a proud LGBT Black ICON reappropriating charli xcx, some white girl known(?) for her contributions to car noise music? 

the absolute lack of education and culture one must possess to make such a boldly incorrect quick lil article/tweet...

:gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Okay but Catwalk is a bop and I won't apologize for liking it.

It is!

This review made me play the album and Catwalk goes off. I added to my favorites. It’s a really good song.

I am sick and tired of the RuPaul hate train. Ru is a goddamn trailblazer and people better show some respect.

Especially when I know they are gEtTiNg tHeIr LiFe to pop culture that Ru undeniably has influenced. And then to throw in a vaguely homophobic remark at the end, and an inaccurate one, which is how I knew the writer was not a queer man without even having to check. 

i'm glad that charli has made a brand for herself. :clap3:

Why do these reviewers still have platforms a bunch of idiot ******* honestly

Not people actually defending the tripe that FrackPaul puts out nnn the reviewer hit the nail on the head. mAmA rU bastardises anything they come into contact with.