Actresses supportive/threatened by Gaga?

nostalgia

Now that Gaga has undisputedly become a bonafide Hollywood actress and has integrated herself into the community, she has faced her peers who have either been welcoming of her entry as an actress, while some are still apprehensive and not yet sure if she what it takes to be them. Who among the actors and actresses do you think are supportive of Gaga and who are threatened by her?

Supportive:

Julie Andrews

Salma Hayek

Angela Bassett

Nicole Kidman

Glenn Close

Olivia Colman

Threatened:

Margot Robbie

Meryl Streep

Amy Adams

Helen Mirren

Angelina Jolie

Dw1kYtfUcAITSrz?format=jpg&name=medium

No one should be threatened. 

Gaga will always be the musician that could act, it’s a trope been in the industry for decades. 

We have seen it with Cher, Barbra, and Diana. They act greatly but their music is still bigger and more important. 

OGHs setting Gaga up to get dragged for no reason :dies:

No actresses are threatened by her, she's a newcomer and Hollywood loves and admires musicians turn actors

13 minutes ago, nostalgia said:

Now that Gaga has undisputedly become a bonafide Hollywood actress and has integrated herself into the community, she has faced her peers who have either been welcoming of her entry as an actress, while some are still apprehensive and not yet sure if she what it takes to be them. Who among the actors and actresses do you think are supportive of Gaga and who are threatened by her?

Supportive:

Julie Andrews

Salma Hayek

Angela Bassett

Nicole Kidman

Glenn Close

Olivia Colman

Threatened:

Margot Robbie

Meryl Streep

Amy Adams

Helen Mirren

Angelina Jolie

Dw1kYtfUcAITSrz?format=jpg&name=medium

But how did u come up with those lists? Based on ..??

But I do feel like a few actresses are proly jealous and feel unfair when she finđs success with acting and takes space in the acting industry and award slots too. 

With the SAG nomination, we know a lot in the industry support her. That's all that matters. We don't have to list the threatened / insecure minority (how are we to know as well).

nostalgia

Having said that, the whole interview just seemed awkward (especially Gaga tho). I think it's the whole remote setup. The roundtable she did for ASIB was much more relaxed and fun to watch.

Edited by Ethereaaal

There's no reason for anyone to be threatened. She will always be viewed as a musician who acts so there's really no actual threat to full time actresses. Usually a threat means they're going to take all the big budget or critically praised roles and its not like Gaga has movies lined up and is filming all the time to "take" any roles. :rip:

i mean this is gaga's second lead role and its doing amazing and people from hollywood know her from her music so i think we know they did welcome her in a good way... so no one is threatened i am sure gaga feels more nervous around big names  in her casts

Edited by DockDock
typo

15 minutes ago, yonsé said:

i doubt anyone is threatened by lady gaga as an actress :bibliahh:

You are right, but I do think some girls might be bitter :!ohno:

has that interview been aired in full anywhere? I only see random clips on twitter lol for ages now

13 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

has that interview been aired in full anywhere? I only see random clips on twitter lol for ages now