US Gov. to end daily COVID death reporting

Caesar

• ATRL Administrator

They’re really trying to act as if it doesn’t exist anymore. Nothing says “we over it” by not releasing death totals of a damn pandemic each day. Tragic. Shameful. 

Hope this goes more in hand with deaths being in a very low count so it’s not worth reporting daily than them stopping to care…

I saw this earlier and would've have gone posting it in the Covid thread but I'm trying to understand first the actual context. 

My understanding from this is they're now combining Covid deaths in total with other similar respiratory disease deaths?

Do I have that right?

Imagine voting to desperately get Trump out, only to get the Blue version:ahh: No COVID anymore even though there are still 1,000+ people dying daily.

Just now, Jotham said:

Thank you for this. The post was misleading, to put it mildly. 

Now I do have a problem with their plan to combine it with other respiratory death types, just to be clear. 

It was proposed by numerous people on their Covid Task Force I've said I have a problem with as explained in the Covid thread. 

There's a lot to unpack here and I have tons of problems with the way HHS has restructured death logs, but the OP's been debunked.

Won't unpack it here but the Covid thread instead. 

52 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

sushichaeng-reaction.gif

What an embarrassing duo :rip:

No wonder everyone with sense hates them

FT-860-x-380-011322-NY-Post-Tearaway-22.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzbwbrQGdvmI6uoFJtxS3

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

44 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

Imagine voting to desperately get Trump out, only to get the Blue version:ahh: No COVID anymore even though there are still 1,000+ people dying daily.

lets get some nuance love. the majority of those voting for biden simply wanted the candidate whose sh*t smelled less. we know they were both awful choices.  its annoying how ppl constantly try to dunk on biden voters for simply picking the tamer option of the two messes.

also the way some of you blatantly ignored the tweet posted debunking this… nnnnnnnn :rip:

1 minute ago, jjmed59 said:

lets get some nuance love. the majority of those voting for biden simply wanted the candidate whose sh*t smelled less. we know they were both awful choices.  its annoying how ppl constantly try to dunk on biden voters for simply picking the tamer option of the two messes.

also the way some of you blatantly ignored the tweet posted debunking this… nnnnnnnn :rip:

I don't remember the death count ending. I do remember Trump not using the federal gov to help stem the virus,, something which Biden seems to agree with however.