Would you mind being alone(Romantically) for life?

Symmetra

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

I'm with Cher on this one. Men are like dessert. I love dessert and it adds quality to my life, but I technically could survive without it. There are still other foods you can experience, meaning there is more to life than just romantic relationships. 

You sound like a great, mature partner 

Edited by fememeist

I don't think so. I would definitely prefer to be in a relationship but I don't think it's a necessity. And I have friends and family that I know that I'll be close to for life so loneliness isn't as much of a big deal for me.

No can't imagine being without my boyfriend. 

I will pull a Lana

41 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

No can't imagine being without my boyfriend. 

I will pull a Lana

Sis, don't mean to be rude but that isn't a healthy mindset to have. I had the same mentality and then when my long term relationship ended I was devastated, rock bottom. Wishing you all the best and happiness though. :heart:

13 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Sis, don't mean to be rude but that isn't a healthy mindset to have. I had the same mentality and then when my long term relationship ended I was devastated, rock bottom. Wishing you all the best and happiness though. :heart:

Sis I love him with all my heart and he's (no exaggeration) the perfect guy.. 

Im not depended on him at all but when you meet the one it's hard to imagine life without him. That's what I meant. 

I understand your point tho I appreciate it :heart2:

I wouldn't mind. I'd much rather have hookups with strangers in dingy bars til my 70s.

giphy.gif

Id rather be ded... I already feel like death everyday not being loved. 

15 hours ago, Glamthony said:

Well, i'm ugly, fat and poor according to gay men standards, so i have no choice but to live and die alone.

theres people like you tho and you can be together :date3:

ive always been alone romantically and i cant see myself doing anything to change that

15 hours ago, BGXKB said:

No, no, I don’t mind it at all. :coffee2:

+1

11 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

I’d be very sad if I could never experience feeling varying degrees of romance and love again. It’s a high like no other. I like to feel and nothing tops the feeling of romantic love.

This is true, but on the flip side,  it can bring some of the lowests lows.

In my case, I  think I can go without it.  Sure it would feel amazing to be in a good relationship, but the path to get to that point feels like a minefield at times. I  think i prefer a more stable lifestyle than the volatility that comes along with a relationship

Ehhh I could go w/o a significant other 

There are some people who cannot be alone for any period of time. It’s like they need to be in a relationship or they can’t function or get depressed and **** and I do not want to be like that. 

I used to be individualistic all my life but now I can't imagine being alone. Loneliness takes its toll on you in long term. I don't think anyone wants to be alone their whole life, and anyone who say they do are pretending / fooling themselves / coping.

Edited by Tremor Christ

It really depends on the person, but for those saying that being without a long-term partner is bad for you long-term or is unsustainable, you want to know what is unsustainable? Codependency. Seeking validation from others. Revolving your whole LIFE around ONE person. Learning to love yourself. Being okay with solitude. Having healthy and nurturing relationship, while working towards your own goals, visions, and maximizing your happiness. THAT'S sustainable. 

Everyone has a different journey. For some, being single is safe because of a recent breakup or that person might need self-care. Or they just prefer to be single. We don't know. It's not our place to judge how other people live their lives.

Do I have a choice?

regina-george-mean.gif