Song from your fave that you had to stockholm

dangerousalex

I can maybe act delusional and trick myself into thinking I like a new song from my faves but eventually if the song is trash then I'll just drop it and call it what it is, but I don't think I force myself into liking something. If I just don't feel it then I don't feel it. I can give songs chances, and plenty of times I've had songs that I initially didn't like to grow on me or that finally "click," but nothing in a forced manner or purpose.

An example of the former, is Pretty Girls. I first would go like "it's a bop! Not meant to be taken seriously!," which is true, but simply not really my cup of tea. I can still bop to it if it comes on shuffle but, while I think the hate is quite exaggerated, it wasn't the route for Britney.

An example of the latter, is Shadow. I remember kind of hating it, like, getting out of my way to just mock and drag it. It wasn't until years later that I went to the light and saw Jesus. Such a great song.

Run the world I hated until the Billboard awards performance and Rather die young is……just good enough to be background noise, but barely.

4 hours ago, YourNumber1Witch said:

Only the best song on the planet :jonny5:

You better stan

:clap3:

Also Lost Cause when it first dropped but I actually love it now, it’s more than clicked since then.

Many of them tbh.

But I didn't force myself to like them, it just that they didn't click on first listen (or first few listens). I just let time pass and eventually, I end up randomly singing the songs in my head for whatever reason and that's usually when I know the song is growing on me.

This is exactly what happened a few days ago with Adele's Can I Get It and I hated it with a passion since it came out. :rip: 

CAN I GET IT RIGHT NOOOOW *moans*

Mariah Carey:

Bye Bye (Now it’s one of my favorites)

You’re Mine

Kelly Clarkson:

Heartbeat Song

Surprisingly  the black by asking Alexandria so yeah I loved the music video but listening to it in the car I didn't feel it as much because it was the same time I was listening to bring me the horizon  I kept mistaken oli Sykes and denis stoff vocals for the longest time but denis was always heavier then after let it sleep came out I listen the black more and more and its now my favourite song of all time.

Can you guys believe I liked bring me the horizon more then denis stoff (asking Alexandria) for a month.  

Ofcourse now BMTH & drag me out come before dad rock AA.  But in 2016.  It took me a bit since I wasn't that into heavy metal.