Jump to content

Why do artists release so many EPs of songs already out?


BeyoncéFlicks
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, feuxtography said:

Its to boost streams. Taylor is the female Bieber, they are the same demographic and same person pretty much. Makes sense why they would both plug and push their old songs in grouped playlists every other week to keep the algorithm working in their favor. And its worked, both are some of the top streamed artists of the year.

How the hell is Taylor even remotely close to Bieber, other than the fact they have frequent releases  :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Literature said:

How the hell is Taylor even remotely close to Bieber, other than the fact they have frequent releases  :rip:

The cheap tactics, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To boost streams, obviously. It has become a common practice now, Republic Records pretty much started this trend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

The cheap tactics, I think.

ENVP3E0XYAcBmu5.jpg

 

c0iuylgqvlc51.jpg?auto=webp&s=b3b7c9d10e

 

 

More parallels than you'd think. :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, feuxtography said:

ENVP3E0XYAcBmu5.jpg

 

c0iuylgqvlc51.jpg?auto=webp&s=b3b7c9d10e

 

 

More parallels then you'd think. :cm:

I'm DISGUSTED. This obvious cash grab :skull: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

I'm DISGUSTED. This obvious cash grab :skull: 

This is gonna backfire I fear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I literally laugh at this thread. 

1. There are not EP. TF is an album, and TFM is an EP. Here you mentioned are just some playlists on Spotify. They can’t be found in the artist catalogue page. And trust me, few people will use it. The reason why their labels do that is to put some tracks in similar context together. I doubt if these playlists will generate 1% of their total streams.

 

2. And here we go again, the folklore vinyl version topic. Taylor’s label do this because they know her fans want it and it does sell well, cause her fans want to buy them for collection, what’s wrong with it? Cash grab? Does they force you to buy it? Or you are just jealous of Taylor’s sales power?

Edited by BOMBxSHELLxBABY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

She hasn't released a solo studio album since 2016 -- and it's not like she's thirsting for it. Meanwhile, your fave made 6 different albums and counting since.

Not like 1989+SN alone isn't getting more daily streams than some artists's whole catalogue :lakitu:

 

OT : It helps with algorithm, especially with albums she owns against albums she doesn't own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BOMBxSHELLxBABY said:

I literally laugh at this thread. 

1. There are not EP. TF is an album, and TFM is an EP. Here you mentioned are just some playlists on Spotify. They can’t be found in the artist catalogue page. And trust me, few people will use it. The reason why their labels do that is to put some tracks in similar context together. I doubt if these playlists will generate 1% of their total streams.

This is not accurate babe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, foreverwinter13 said:

I already answered you, these are to boost streams of old songs. 

 

Beyonce is N/A on the list of top 10 most streamed females so you better promote her instead. 

:chick3::chick3: forgotten discography deserved. 
 

OT : Those not “EPs”.  Educated yourself first please BEYHIVE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, feuxtography said:

ENVP3E0XYAcBmu5.jpg

 

c0iuylgqvlc51.jpg?auto=webp&s=b3b7c9d10e

 

 

More parallels than you'd think. :cm:

The Weeknd did physical bundles of Heartless to snag the #1 . Everyone was doing it :michael: . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the girls crying about bey bc of cheap streaming tricks and tactics  :bibliahh: there’s nothing artistic about a glorified playlist 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine dragging other artists for creating playlists when you stan Bey which known for Tidal fiasco :ahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a reason Taylor is doing this.

Her old catalogue has like 500 songs(this includes "the reputation stadium tour playlist" album")

Meanwhile she has only released like 90 new owned songs.

 

If you put her on shuffle there's A VERY HIGH CHANCE you're gonna be played a song from her old catalogue.

One clever way of reducing that chance is releasing a 'streaming exlusive EP'.

So if you count the EPs the new song counts rises to something like 250.

And I am very sure she will keep doing this for every album she releases from now till she buys back her masters.

 

Her artist streams rose a pitiful 155k streams with the chapter.

So if she wants to inflate her streaming numbers she should do something else like hopping on a new collab, remix, a feature etc.. (a new megan/ed sheeran/eminem/j  balvin/DJ Khalid collab will work like a charm)

 

I don't know why Katy and Justin do them tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Not Bey getting caught in the crossfire just cuz one stan is doing the absolute most :biblio:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

The cheap tactics, I think.

You mean the cheap tactics that are noticed only when Taylor uses them? Taylor is not an artist who buys premium Spotify positions nor forces her songs onto radio stations for months and months on end nor sacrifices the quality of her music for commercial success...all of which are contrarian to Bieber (and 90% of the industry, for that matter), but you are only mad at Taylor for doing alternate versions and discounts and that's because she's pretty much the only one big enough to benefit from them. 

Edited by Literature
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed Halsey doing this too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not this person ignoring my post regarding  Rihanna being in the top 10 most streamed without Releasing an album since 2016 but her fave is N/A even with alot of side projects :giraffe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

 

Not Bey getting caught in the crossfire just cuz one stan is doing the absolute most :biblio:

 

 

 

 

 

Mostly when the OP is an ex-Stan turned hater since before Lemonade. 
I don’t know why Swiftie are bringing up Bey here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

Not this person ignoring my post regarding  Rihanna being in the top 10 most streamed without Releasing an album since 2016 but her fave is N/A even with alot of side projects :giraffe:

Beyoncé hasn’t had a single real normal streaming era release : ST in full was not added since way later and Lemonade has no familiarity with the GP since it was release in the streaming era and was inaccessible. Despite that, she’s not doing as bad as she should but thanks for your concern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BnPac said:

Beyoncé hasn’t had a single real normal streaming era release : ST in full was not added since way later and Lemonade has no familiarity with the GP since it was release in the streaming era and was inaccessible. Despite that, she’s not doing as bad as she should but thanks for your concern. 

The excuses :coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...