Why do artists release so many EPs of songs already out?

BeyoncéFlicks

Here's just a few:

1x1.gif1x1.gif500x500bb.webp

folklore: the escapism chapter

500x500bb.webp

folklore: the sleepless nights chapter

500x500bb.webp

folklore: the saltbox house chapter

500x500bb.webp

folklore: the yeah I showed up at your party chapter

500x500bb.webp

willow (the witch collection)

500x500bb.webp

the "dropped your hand while dancing" chapter

500x500bb.webp

Fearless (Taylor's Version): The Halfway Out the Door Chapter

500x500bb.webp

Fearless (Taylor's Version): The Kissing in the Rain Chapter

500x500bb.webp

Fearless (Taylor's Version): The I Remember What You Said Last Night Chapter

500x500bb.webp

Fearless (Taylor's Version): The From the Vault Chapter

500x500bb.webp

Red (Taylor's Version): Could You Be the One Chapter

Jeez, that's 11 versions and counting! Why?!?!

Here's some more:

500x500bb.webp

Camp Katy

250x250bb.webp

Scorpio SZN

250x250bb.webp

Empowered

250x250bb.webp

Cosmic Energy

Edited by BeyoncéFlicks

Well I guess it generates streams, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I suppose since these EPs are listed as "new releases" and people who follow the artists get a notification, it's an easy way to give older songs a boost. 

I'm not a fan, it seems cheap. 

9 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Well I guess it generates streams, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I suppose since these EPs are listed as "new releases" and people who follow the artists get a notification, it's an easy way to give older songs a boost. 

I'm not a fan, it seems cheap. 

Exactly, and I agree. 

So that people who follow those artists get notifications from streaming apps. Completely pointless other than that.

21 minutes ago, Torturo said:

It's some Spotify algorithm trick. I guess creating new EPs adds these songs to people's Release Radars which results in extra streams

I don't believe this :biblio:. The Swifties have taken their time to remind us time and time again that Today's Top Hits is the only trickery going on and that esteemed artists do not need any type of algorithm tricks. 

Because they want people to experience the familiar songs in a different way and context, that's a bold artistic move methinks :michael:

Beyonce stan trying to drag Taylor. 

Are you aware the these so called EP's are just collection of released songs?

They are just there to boost streams. 

Or are you just playing ignorant?

Justin's playlists for Changes really helped give the album a bit of life if I remember correctly.

The folklore playlists used to give the album a little boost on SEA because it was very close in total units with Pop Smoke. After that they haven't really done anything, I think Taylor just likes doing them at this point. 

Rest of them are just label driven to keep the artist on new releases. 

Just now, foreverwinter13 said:

Beyonce stan trying to drag Taylor. 

Are you aware the these so called EP's are just collection of released songs?

They are just there to boost streams. 

Or are you just playing ignorant?

Your reading comprehension: Non existent.

Just now, BeyoncéFlicks said:

Your reading comprehension: Non existent.

I already answered you, these are to boost streams of old songs. 

Beyonce is N/A on the list of top 10 most streamed females so you better promote her instead. 

Its to boost streams. Taylor is the female Bieber, they are the same demographic and same person pretty much. Makes sense why they would both plug and push their old songs in grouped playlists every other week to keep the algorithm working in their favor. And its worked, both are some of the top streamed artists of the year.

2 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

I already answered you, these are to boost streams of old songs. 

Beyonce is N/A on the list of top 10 most streamed females so you better promote her instead. 

She hasn't released a solo studio album since 2016 -- and it's not like she's thirsting for it. Meanwhile, your fave made 6 different albums and counting since.

Just now, BeyoncéFlicks said:

She hasn't released a solo studio album since 2016 -- and it's not like she's thirsting for it. Meanwhile, your fave made 6 different albums and counting since.

And so is Rihanna. But Rihanna is there, why Bey couldnt? 

Ri didnt even released anything while your faves released a bunch of side projects

They’re just curated playlists that tons of artists have used for years. 
some of y’all are DUMB dumb acting like these artists themselves are logging into Spotify dot com to do this when it’s clearly just a label push. Never miss an opportunity to turn something into a stan war I guess lol 

In general because they boost streamings. 
In Taylor’s case not only that but also to decrease the difference between songs she owns and doesn’t own. For example there are at least 4 different versions of RED available that she doesn’t own. If you put her music on shuffle or listen through the song-radio feature the chances you get a RED 2012 version is 4 times higher than to get one she owns. The chapters/EP’s are (imo) an effective way to close the gap.

Edited by lenchen.

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

So that people who follow those artists get notifications from streaming apps. Completely pointless other than that.

I don't even get notifications when artists i follow release actual new music though :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, BeyoncéFlicks said:

Not Taylor's fault she's in a creative peak right now and can drop whenever she wants.

Maybe Beyonce's team just hasn't come up with the right gimmick to sell her next album yet. :shutup: