Netflix is raising its price again

lovecatt

Ridiculous. That probably means it will rise everywhere else eventually. I'm definitely cancelling once that happens. There are other services that offer the exact same thing for half of what I'm paying for Netflix.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• feuxtography

• karron0624

• JonginBey

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Taylena said:

It's still cheaper than 2 movie tickets in US/Canada so it seems like a good deal to me. Do people expect to pay $10 per month forever when Netflix spends almost $20 billion every year in new content? 

You kind of spilled

Are you guys really complaining about a 1$ increase for a service that is serving original content after original content, after original content and they are usually super well done? :rip:

23 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

You probably have the premium plan. 

ohhh, just looked it up. i imagine its the 4k plan, wondering if i should bump down to just 1080 HD now. $20 might be too much for me considering netflix is obviously not the only streaming service i use :deadbanana2:

Its … $2. Yall are ridiculous. And the prices were last raised 2 years ago.  In the same time span, a loaf of Bunny bread at my walmart has gone from $1. to 2.25, my house has gone from $250k to $425k, premium gas in my area has gone from $2.50 to $3.11. Everything is going up because of inflation, and the cost of nextflix is sort of in line with that.

I’m cancelling. HBO max is out serving them anyway 

4 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Its … $2. Yall are ridiculous. And the prices were last raised 2 years ago.  In the same time span, a loaf of Bunny bread at my walmart has gone from $1. to 2.25, my house has gone from $250k to $425k, premium gas in my area has gone from $2.50 to $3.11. Everything is going up because of inflation, and the cost of nextflix is sort of in line with that.

It wasn't even two years ago ( October 2020) and they are clearly thriving for them to do this so soon.

Good thing I haven't used Netflix for a while now. Nowadays I like HBO Max better.

17 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

It wasn't even two years ago ( October 2020) and they are clearly thriving for them to do this so soon.

Sis, its literally 2022 and the last price increase wqs in 2020. And its basically $.50 to $1 a year. The price increase is in line with inflation.

Never pay for Netflix. I use my ex’s account while I wanna watch some shows… 

Netflix sucks. Their platform is full of garbage original content that no one watches. I cancelled years ago, I'm pleased with Hulu. 

6 hours ago, wish said:

Remember when it was like $8

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

and had a more varied and interesting selection to choose from

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

If you paying for Netlix at this point it's an L.

Hulu & MAX are the only US services worth paying for, not sure if they're available in Canada.

i can totally see P*rateb*y becoming immensely popular again like 2006 if this continues tbh

2 minutes ago, Mohit said:

i can totally see P*rateb*y becoming immensely popular again like 2006 if this continues tbh

that site sucks and is filled with malware. There are so many better ways to get free movies/tv/music/software/games/books

Netflix used to be so cheap and so good once upon a time….. I was livid when they removed ALIAS, Buffy, Angel, OG Charmed, Friends, and their whole movie catalogue. There’s like 1,000 originals now with only 6 or less shows being good.

6 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

Paramount+ & Hbo Max cleared that fad :sorry:the only reason I still have it is because my family pays for it 

I would argue that Netflix has more instances of entertaining content than either services (not saying it's better tho).  I think HBO Max has the best quality content, but the less content than anyone else.  Paramount+ has the most big movies, but their shows are garbage.  Netflix is still the best of both worlds IMO.

The way these streaming companies are going to cancel each other out.

Eventually people will be paying more for all the subscriptions than if they just had cable when a big reason a lot of people hated cable was the price. 

People are gonna go back to illegally watching **** :rip: 

5 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

Netflix spends almost $20 billion every year in new content

Doesnt seem like it. Their content has been straight up **** for the last 2 years.

HBO Max > Netflix >>>>> Discovery Plus > Disney Plus > Paramount Plus > Hulu > Peacock